The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

6 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

I would love to see one of the new styles of houses be to bring updated homes similar to Meadowbrook.....I loved & still do love the Plumtree, Quad & Lofthouse.....those homes updated within the Bellisseria neighborhoods would be wonderful & most likely my favorite choice of where to live....

It's not a bad idea to just go into those old regions and put a rezzer mailbox out front that lets you place your choice of a mesh or the original prim version of your existing home. They'd still be 512 plots, but the home would be updated with better detail... You couldn't fix the size without rezoning all the regions...

The real hurdle would be making an automatied deployment of updated landscaping - replace all the prim and sculpty with mesh in the same style.

I do think they should start merging the regions down. They have done this before - in the very early days of Second Life. Places like Shermerville used to be more than the few regions it is now... They could close all but one of the old linden home continents... keep one small one and basically force everyone to move to it. Fairly soon, even one of those continents will still have enough abandons that everyone who chooses to stay would have their pick of styles.

ok, so I logged in this morning thinking I was just gonna get a Meadowbrook home (because the trads and victorians are too closed in for me..i need fresh and open) ..so I logged in..and HOUSEBOATS!! ..I snatched one up and Im soooo beyond excited and happy.. 

boathouse01.JPG

boathouse02.JPG

boathouse03.JPG

• Like 9

On 12/18/2019 at 1:09 AM, Mitch Merricks said:

From Squeaky Mole:

Just so you know, tinting the outside is a bug. Abusing bugs is not allowed so if we spot tinted exteriors we'll reset your home. 

This bug and other small things will be fixed shortly.

Well, I got the siding to tint with a coloured prim. I need to have pink if it's going to be Flamingo Court. It's not the best solution because the windows get pink then unless I add lots more hollowed prims which I don't want to do. I put them on phantom to walk through.

If you are wondering, "But why icebergs?" These are fundati's new icebergs that fit perfectly given that not all the ice cap has melted since the Moles made the glacial lakes on this sim (I don't think those glacial lakes are on every sim and that's why I chose this location after a re-roll.)

Trash Can_595.jpg

Trash Can_596.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

If you are wondering, "But why icebergs?" These are fundati's new icebergs that fit perfectly given that not all the ice cap has melted since the Moles made the glacial lakes on this sim (I don't think those glacial lakes are on every sim and that's why I chose this location after a re-roll.)

they won't do it but that would really be nice regions to give a bit more wintery feeling by a little change in the landtextures

• Like 1

My Victorian tower house actually got its start in the original Linden Homes area in the Loft style. It was fun to create that space, but it was somewhat limiting. I was after a worn, unsettling environment that reflected the passage of time.

VictorianLoftInterior.png.e99f249dd3d6fbcec172bf672db028cc.png

When the Traditionals were released in Bellisseria, I was excited to get a parcel near the beach and transform the Continental style into a Victorian.

VictorianContinental.png.1f4b3bc179bda73846a438c0ae480b26.png

And now Bellisseria has actual Victorians! I was able to really let loose and create a space which truly captured and fulfilled my original vision ...

VictorianVerne.png.34e69c45e2c174177989eb2786869300.png

With the Verne, I was able to create an eclectic mix which reflects the era of over a century ago, in an appropriate neighborhood setting.

VictorianVerneInterior.png.914796c5a9e7eba72244090ed883f1b7.png

And the Verne's interior spaces have worked out very well! This shows the somber house with some Christmas decor.

• Like 28

I wasn't originally planning to continue my exploration east of Poult so soon after I made Monday's post here, but then curiosity got the better of me. The sun was just clearing the rooftops today and there was the slightest breeze from the east, so I couldn't resist.  So, I started out from Poult again and began walking toward the sunrise.

2092837455_Poult12-19-2019EastonPriory.png.cb9089aec617a927be93f3b9de96a072.png

There's a beautiful park in Easton Priory, just one region east of Poult, where I could sit and enjoy the morning sparrows ... and finish off the rest of the  muffin I had brought along. This park has two modest hills and a small duck pond (no ducks), and loads of willows.

1132828434_Poult12-19-2019Mallory2.png.77a99ee3e66144aefa9606b779226d07.png

Morning is a wonderful time for a walk, before most people are up and about. I strolled through Mallory, admiring the roses, and came upon a magnificent pedestrian boulevard not much farther along.

744251290_Poult12-19-2019Mallory.png.ce09fdac33b6ace76774887a504f8a94.png

I suppose you could ride a motorcycle through here, but it's obvious that this area is not meant for cars and heavier traffic.  It would be a lovely place for a street fair or maybe a farmer's market. 

1673281856_Poult12-19-2019WutheringDowns.png.a9b6f46cd7289392918072abf324d9c7.png

The sun was already rising higher by the time I reached the main bridge in Wuthering Downs.  This looks like a nice, friendly community.  It's right at the eastern coast of South Bellisseria, perhaps once a fishing village -- I don't know its history -- but now a quiet area of colorful homes. Its western half, behind me here, is on the mainland.  The land between here and the East Bridge, in the distance, is a small island.

1506964151_Poult12-19-2019Highmarket.png.673bd75c813b50573a5e6c680896d87e.png

The East Bridge spans a second narrow channel that separates Wuthering Downs from Highmarket, which is absolutely gorgeous. Just look at the way the streets snake through this little village.

1150021420_Poult12-19-2019Highmarket2.png.95470d36e671e7f21efefb9c1fe38b0b.png

This little square and its fountain at the heart of town are quite peaceful.  I met a woman on a chestnut mare while I was there, taking her own morning tour. I bet this is a popular place to visit.

667367645_Poult12-19-2019Highmarket3.png.f20d07938abc9082f0730547974d7910.png

Here's another look at the streets and stately homes on the island.  

447021638_Poult12-19-2019Highmarket4.png.9050000e5e0c38ba4e557730c8c4a429.png

Each of the homes in Highmarket backs up onto the shoreline, although there is a buffer of public land right along the water's edge, so it's possible to walk or ride a horse without trespassing.  I love this view back across the channel toward Wuthering Downs.  Can you imagine living here?

1277077949_Poult12-19-2019HighmarketEND.png.1d9cd3adbe5386ce5835afcf25767996.png

My curiosity is satisfied for now.  These two outings this week have been a wonderful way to start learning what South Bellisseria has to offer. There's still a lot to explore in this part of the world, so I know I will be doing plenty of walking in the weeks and months to come.   I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

My curiosity is satisfied for now.  These two outings this week have been a wonderful way to start learning what South Bellisseria has to offer. There's still a lot to explore in this part of the world, so I know I will be doing plenty of walking in the weeks and months to come.   I'll keep you posted.

I love reading about your explorations of Bellisseria and seeing your lovely photos ♥️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've been casually playing Game of Homes with the Victorians the past couple of days, now that there are plenty of houses to go around, and it's fun to see how many beautiful spots are out there. I got this one in Llyn Brithyll last night; I assume it was abandoned. The first photo is the view from my back porch, and the second shows what is to the side of the little lake.

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 16

@Sylvia Tamalyn  that is just lovely.

It has been fun playing GOH.   I got this plot a few days ago in Baxter, I will most likely release it in the next few days as I was lucky enough to get ocean front in Bandstand.  Still amazes me the parcels people give up, perhaps this person wanted sand instead and gave this one up and if so I hope they got what they wanted.

baxter_002.jpg

baxter_001.jpg

• Like 11

That one is great, @karynmaria! I got another really nice abandoned Victorian last night. I don't have a photo at the moment, but it's elevated and faces a park with lake and pedestrian bridges, and has roadway on either side so that the only neighbor is in back. The neighborhood itself looks great with no excessive snow prims like I've seen in some of the others I've landed in. Hard to decide which one to keep... or try again for one like that one in Baxter? 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I've been casually playing Game of Homes with the Victorians the past couple of days, now that there are plenty of houses to go around, and it's fun to see how many beautiful spots are out there. I got this one in Llyn Brithyll last night; I assume it was abandoned. The first photo is the view from my back porch, and the second shows what is to the side of the little lake.

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

What a perfect view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3