The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

• Moles

If you are in a camping trailer, you might also want to try the lighting options that are in the Content Pack for your home.  This hanging lamp, for example, generates soft ambient light from its bulb (intensity 0.4, range 2.8m, falloff 0.375) and a second, directed source that shines downward to create a much lower intensity, short-range spot to highlight the table or floor immediately under it.  This light was designed specifically to meet the needs of people decorating the smaller living space of a trailer home -- local, low level light at night and gentle fill-in light in daytime.

799c943fba5fc857e474e6c627a6ee6c.png  Night time

5063fd03930186bca51f71f825de3210.jpg Day time

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Mermaids see Second Life from a different perspective than land-dwellers.  It's, well,  .... wet, for one thing. And I suppose you might consider it boring, except for occasional incredible treasure discoveries and the time we spend frolicking in grottoes here and there.  The sea floor is fairly barren, which is why I personally prefer exploring rivers and lakes.  They have more twists, turns, and hiding places, and they are much more dynamic than the open ocean.

To give you a feel for what mermaids see, I thought I'd include some underwater shots that I took on today's trip down the great channel from Fourze to Piranhaconda Bay.

1156880622_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_START.png.63f67292f6e281b34b28e27c40e123f5.png

Here's what the bay at Fourze looks like to most land-dwellers. It has an outstanding lighthouse, a stretch of sandy beach, and some rocky places near the mouth of the channel, to the right in this photo.  This a very popular place for boaters and houseboat owners.  Although the channel looks like a river, it's not one.  Like each of the other two passages from the great inland Belliserian Sea, it is open to the ocean on both ends.

114696122_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_UnderLighthouse.png.ecee4542927425ad0b42c2a1c1029f20.png

Here's a mermaid's view of the lighthouse, looking through the rippling surface of the water. If you're not accustomed to this perspective, I guess it takes a little getting used to.Try squinting a little, maybe.

598087790_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_Castlewellian.png.67a85763a2d72c535d4ba4985881a133.png

The channel is wide as far as the high bridge at Castlewellan Overlook -- high enough, in fact, that even a very tall-masted ship can pass under it, provided that its keel doesn't scrape the channel bottom.  From here, the channel is straight and almost featureless along its bottom, all the way south to Proctor.

398487596_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_SpringCreek.png.8aee2ac0f1c5c0ff44d5a68e809193d5.png

Instead of staying in the channel itself, therefore, I decided to explore side channels in Spring Creek, where they are narrower and more irregular. Spring Creek also has many small islands that are fun to visit.  Some, like this one, are rocky.  Others, however, have nice grassy areas where you can spread out a picnic or just lie on your back and watch the clouds.

2112973181_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_Horses.png.40a13272ea730bab92469a9e55f4c579.png

This area is a very lovely one to explore on horseback, I'm told, although I would naturally have a hard time handling a horse myself.  From a mermaid's perspective, these bridges are meant for swimming under, not riding over.  They often have treacherous eddies that can force you against the support columns and give you a nasty bruise.

284973923_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_UnderBridge.png.3ac48d64c6b8ccb5ccf66fb2d4f6384e.png

This one isn't bad, even though the flow speeds up a bit between the bridge supports and that large rock on the left. You can see how rough the channel bed is, though.  It's those places where we sometimes get unpredictable turbulence.  Several small streams like this, all quite worth exploring, empty into Spring Creek and then into the main channel. I made my way up two or three of them before going back to the main channel and heading south.

2029501544_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_Pugwash.png.821c7e5a7294dc1e14b848993816fc24.png

At the southern end of the Spring Creek region, the main channel turns abruptly westward rather than cutting into Proctor. Here, the bottom is sandy and smooth, almost like the shallow ocean.  The banks are still rocky at first, but before long the channel widens dramatically and is flanked by beaches and sand bars. This is the Pugwash region, still unsettled today but likely to be opened for a new rush of Bellisserian pioneers before long.

1148055442_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_ChaseBoat.png.a2dbfde8cbab1cc41375af4b46b76579.png

Some people are already cruising here in power boats.  I couldn't resist playing a favorite game with this one, a game that most mermaids learn once they are strong enough to catch up to a fast-moving boat.  The propeller creates an eddy wake that can pull you along very rapidly and with almost no effort.  You just have to be careful not to get too close to the propeller and not to get tossed into some obstacle.

998722862_Fourzesouth11-30-2019_END.png.fe1a86718c6e96b06394550c8cefc81c.png

I stuck close to this one all the way to Piranhaconda Bay, where he started weaving to shake me loose and then roared off toward the Kuga lighthouse.  I guess boaters can be annoyed by the drag of a mermaid in the wake, but it does give them something to talk about later.

So, there's the trip for today.  You'll probably want to do it yourself on top of the water, but I thought it would be fun to show you what I see.  

• Like 21

I just moved into this plot in a wooded valley in the Poseidon Peak area.

It's  close to another plot I held in Ruthsberg , however the feel of the place is amazingly different for such a short distance travelled.

I can tip my boat into the river so best of both worlds.

I have neighbours at the back on my level, and the surrounding plots are up on the top of the valley sides so this feels quite secluded.

No road connection, not even a path!

(Though I could off-road onto a neighbouring thoroughfare.)

I am surprised and delighted!

day 1_001.jpg

day 1_004.jpg

• Like 12

On 12/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Raspberry Crystal said:

I just moved into this plot in a wooded valley in the Poseidon Peak area.

It's  close to another plot I held in Ruthsberg , however the feel of the place is amazingly different for such a short distance travelled.

I can tip my boat into the river so best of both worlds.

I have neighbours at the back on my level, and the surrounding plots are up on the top of the valley sides so this feels quite secluded.

No road connection, not even a path!

(Though I could off-road onto a neighbouring thoroughfare.)

I am surprised and delighted!

day 1_001.jpg

day 1_004.jpg

What an amazing spot!!! Love those views, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today was an excellent day to get outside and see what's in store for Bellisseria in the near future. I only had time for a short outing, but I did want to see what's going on at the American Cancer Society's Christmas Expo, especially the preview of the newest Linden Homes. It's tantalizing.  When I got to the event, therefore, I went straight north through the American Cancer Society region and over the bridge to Linden Reveal.

1031406949_Victorianpreview_3.png.16de1592e00feb937adc2cfc9aba4a89.png

There's a lovely park on the other side, full of hydrangeas and roses.  I don't know how they do it at this time of year, but the flowers are beautiful. All of the vegetation is, in fact. There are tall, majestic willows and more shrubbery than I have seen in many parts of Bellisseria. This preview area also has an elegant tiered fountain and a small pond that has a family of mallards swimming around.  I do hope that the new parts of Bellisseria have parks like this, and ducks. I like ducks.

556172936_Victorianpreview_2.png.448115290e9ffab60025fba5db02f255.png

Sadly, I had less time than I planned and couldn't manage to take more than a couple of photos, so I hope these are enough to tease you into going to see for yourself.  There are four styles of homes here, ranging in size from the one-story bungalow behind me here to three large two-story homes.  One of those, the Verne ( apparently named after the novelist Jules Verne ), is the red house that you can see behind the maples on the left side of this photo.  All of them are quite open and airy, with high ceilings and well-crafted woodwork. The rooms are going to be fun to decorate -- large and with plenty of wall space for paintings and other artwork.  They should be easy to modify with personal extras. I suspect that there will be decor options available in the content pack with these homes as well, although we can't see those during this preview event.

296767668_Victorianpreview_1.png.d9c63451686faba61d8897f3810d1ba4.png 

As you see in this photo, taken in the front doorway of the Hardy (another stately home) each house also has a large wrap-around porch that would be a fine place to put wicker furniture and perhaps a two-seat swing.  The entry of all houses is framed by beveled glass sidelights, and the outside doors have polished brass hardware.  Details like that make all the difference, in my opinion.

I hate to leave you with just a quick peek at these homes, so I do hope you get an opportunity to visit the event yourself -- maybe buy some presents for friends and family from one of 170 merchants and participate in the auction for a Premium membership and one of these lovely homes.  Oh, and buy an Ebbe Linden bear (very cute).  As soon as they open the new regions in Bellisseria, I promise to take longer and do a travelogue through Victorian neighborhoods.  I'm really an outdoor person, as you maybe have deduced from my other wanderings.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 23

Hello  citizens of Bellisseria. I always follow the news of Inara Pay and I received a notice that LL will soon launch the 4th theme of the Linden houses in Bellisseria, in Victorian style. From the Inara news letter:
On Thursday, December 5th, Linden Lab unveiled the promised 4th theme of Premium Linden Homes that will soon be made available on the continent Bellisseria, alongside the existing Traditional, Houseboat and Trailers & Campers themes .....
Now I ask Patch but even those who are already resident, like me in San Jocoso with the Winchester house, when the new houses will have been launched will we find in our mail box the update and the possibility to choose the new house? I think if LL didn't think it would be right to do it for someone like me who paid the annual pass for 2 years in a row. Thanks for feedback
a warm greeting Adriana. in Pic my warm Christmas fireplace :)

Caminetto ginevra_001.png

5 hours ago, deplove said:

Hello  citizens of Bellisseria. I always follow the news of Inara Pay and I received a notice that LL will soon launch the 4th theme of the Linden houses in Bellisseria, in Victorian style. From the Inara news letter:
On Thursday, December 5th, Linden Lab unveiled the promised 4th theme of Premium Linden Homes that will soon be made available on the continent Bellisseria, alongside the existing Traditional, Houseboat and Trailers & Campers themes .....
Now I ask Patch but even those who are already resident, like me in San Jocoso with the Winchester house, when the new houses will have been launched will we find in our mail box the update and the possibility to choose the new house? I think if LL didn't think it would be right to do it for someone like me who paid the annual pass for 2 years in a row. Thanks for feedback
a warm greeting Adriana. in Pic my warm Christmas fireplace :)

You will NOT get a choice of Victorian homes added to the current mailbox for Traditional homes.  They are 2 different Themes.  The new Victorian theme will encompass a huge number of regions located below the current southern continent border.  If you want one of the new Victorian homes, you will have to abandon your current Winchester and get a new home in a different location -- or use a Premium alt to get one for you.

The new area will be released sometime in the next week or two - likely no later than December 16th or 17th, but more likely some time next week.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You will NOT get a choice of Victorian homes added to the current mailbox for Traditional homes.  They are 2 different Themes.  The new Victorian theme will encompass a huge number of regions located below the current southern continent border.  If you want one of the new Victorian homes, you will have to abandon your current Winchester and get a new home in a different location -- or use a Premium alt to get one for you.

The new area will be released sometime in the next week or two - likely no later than December 16th or 17th, but more likely some time next week.

Thanks LittleMe, although I'm a little sorry that for us the first citizens of Bellisseria you don't change anything. But excuse my ignorance what is a Premium Alt ?? where do i find my dashboard? thanks
Adriana

2 minutes ago, deplove said:

Thanks LittleMe, although I'm a little sorry that for us the first citizens of Bellisseria you don't change anything. But excuse my ignorance what is a Premium Alt ?? where do i find my dashboard? thanks
Adriana

A Premium Alt is nothing more than creating another brand new SL account and paying to make them Premium also.  Then the second account could go get a Linden Home.  Quite a few of us have paid the Premium fee on multiple accounts and therefore we have multiple Linden Homes - one per Premium account.

Because of how they landscape the areas, it would be extremely difficult for them to try to offer newer, larger homes to be rezzed on the same plot as the existing Traditional ones.  All existing trees were placed to ensure that they would not poke into your Traditional home regardless of which of the 4 styles you chose.  However, these new Victorian styles are larger homes and thus if they rezzed on the Traditional plot, there is much likelihood of trees poking into the houses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A Premium Alt is nothing more than creating another brand new SL account and paying to make them Premium also.  Then the second account could go get a Linden Home.  Quite a few of us have paid the Premium fee on multiple accounts and therefore we have multiple Linden Homes - one per Premium account.

Because of how they landscape the areas, it would be extremely difficult for them to try to offer newer, larger homes to be rezzed on the same plot as the existing Traditional ones.  All existing trees were placed to ensure that they would not poke into your Traditional home regardless of which of the 4 styles you chose.  However, these new Victorian styles are larger homes and thus if they rezzed on the Traditional plot, there is much likelihood of trees poking into the houses.

I understand LittleMe, but creating another Alt means starting all over again since I couldn't transfer my avi and all my stuff into an inventory. So I stay where I am, not that I mind but a little bit I was sorry like  the new zones released between August and September are more beautiful than ours when LL first opened Bellisseria to move us. I don't want to leave and then find myself like many others wandering like a homeless wanderer waiting for the right moment. But all this I'm sorry ... from elegant residential neighborhoods we will become popular suburbs ...

5 minutes ago, deplove said:

I understand LittleMe, but creating another Alt means starting all over again since I couldn't transfer my avi and all my stuff into an inventory. So I stay where I am, not that I mind but a little bit I was sorry like  the new zones released between August and September are more beautiful than ours when LL first opened Bellisseria to move us. I don't want to leave and then find myself like many others wandering like a homeless wanderer waiting for the right moment. But all this I'm sorry ... from elegant residential neighborhoods we will become popular suburbs ...

I have a few alts that have a bare minimum inventory and simply own the Linden Home.  Using that alt account, I then set the Linden Home to a group that all of my accounts belong to.  That then allows this account, LittleMe, to "Set Home" to the Linden house and/or rez anything I want there.  I still don't actually use those accounts for very much of my SL life.  They pretty much only exist so that I can have a second or third Linden Home.

I think the upcoming release will be large enough that you would be able to give up your current home and immediately get a new one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3

I finally got another Houseboat.....still not the location I really want (attached to the land with the roads) - but I have settled in for now - since it was extremely hard to get this.  

I decided to decorate for Christmas....so not leaving here til after Christmas for sure.

I think hanging real lights in RL is easier than decorating in SL......lol.....took me 2 days to get all these lights up.  

I did not count the strings...or LI, and I have not yet linked them.....still will probably add a little more decor inside.

12.7 - Resting by the fire after 2 busy days of decorating._001.jpg

12.7 - Finished decorating for Christmas - smaller pic 2_001.jpg

12.7 - Finished decorating for Christmas - smaller pic 3_001.jpg

12.7 - Finished decorating for Christmas - dining, kitchen, living room_001.jpg

12.7 - Finished decorating for Christmas - kitchen, living room, chair nook, room divider - smaller pic_001.jpg

• Like 16

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have a few alts that have a bare minimum inventory and simply own the Linden Home.  Using that alt account, I then set the Linden Home to a group that all of my accounts belong to.  That then allows this account, LittleMe, to "Set Home" to the Linden house and/or rez anything I want there.  I still don't actually use those accounts for very much of my SL life.  They pretty much only exist so that I can have a second or third Linden Home.

I think the upcoming release will be large enough that you would be able to give up your current home and immediately get a new one.

Thanks LittleMe, for now I stay in San Jocoso, then maybe in a few months I could even try, of course they are much bigger so we will have to study the decoration well. Good idea that of the grp ... In fact with my partner we live in his villa at the Sea ... San Jocoso is just my refuge to work ...

good sunday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Where did you get the snow and lights?I've been looking for something like that.

LL added snow caps and lights to the content packs, so likely those.  Some have used different lights for lower LI though.

Note that they are scripted, so you simply rez close to the house/houseboat/camper and left click.  Some have had some issues with the lights snapping into place.  I've not used the lights yet, but the snowcaps worked great for me.

ETA:  The snowcaps for the Campers are not scripted - you have manually place them.  I hadn't used that one until today and just assumed it would snap like the houseboat.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

The snow is DDD Snow Piles Set - I only used the Snow Dust.  I also used the Snow in the LH content pack.

The Lights are ~AB~ Straight Xmas Lights - which come colored, you have to tint them white - which I had seen in someone else's post to do that.  I also used the lights in the LH content pack.

Edited by RacyAcey
  • Like 1