The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Looks just LOVELY! Very few houses and lots of landscape. Which region is that?

Its Toad Hollow. My plot has a landscaped section on one side which makes it private and also gives the impression of a huge garden. That and the river at the bottom of the garden made it a keeper. Think ive had it 3 weeks or more. The longest Ive kept any home lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haven Warrhol said:

I'd just be happy to get one.... I work days and seems every time they are released is during days and I miss out.   Trying to be patient but it's been months and I check every single day.  Almost about to just stop checking 😪

Shortly after the Christmas Expo ends, there will be a large release of whatever the new style is.  If they release the regions the way they did the original Camper release, it will spread across the entire day into the early evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Haven Warrhol said:

I'd just be happy to get one.... I work days and seems every time they are released is during days and I miss out.   Trying to be patient but it's been months and I check every single day.  Almost about to just stop checking 😪

Targetting abandoned plots would maybe work better. Try early morning before you go to work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Targetting abandoned plots would maybe work better. Try early morning before you go to work.

... or directly when you get home for one or two hours. After the release there usually stays a rest of homes that change owners a few times ... especially campers sometimes keep on the page for hours.

• Like 1

My new place. I decided to give Winchester a go here, since a majority of the houses in the immediate area are not Winchester(shockingly).

Overall I have nooooo idea what to do with my place right now.. kind of feel like i'm lacking on furniture lol..

image.png.1de337b3613e0b724a81ea55359575f6.png

Added a little blue to my screenshot as overall it was pretty orange and pretty overwhelming.

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, RockaBillySun Dethly said:

I wish more prims would be allowed for campers. I am going to abandon this camper as I do not have enough prims to finish decorating the inside :( I really loved the location and what I did so far with it so a bit sad to have to let go 😭

Snapshot_009.png

I am sad you have to get rid of it.  That looks so lovely I just love what you have done outside!  I have tried the campers too and just not enough prims for me either.  I have been spoiled with the traditional houses and the 351 prims.

• Like 3

Some souvenir pictures from the unfinished interior of my LH camper. As you can see it misses things like drapes, cushions, plants, frames and other niknaks and a bathroom sink. But I only have 2 prims left. I am gonna go through stuff again tonight to see if I can lower prim usage and maybe link some items in the hope it reduces prims. Otherwise I will be abandoning it tonight. It's location is Wicked Stepmother (74, 212, 39) if anyone would be interested grabbing this lot as it's really nice plot. I also turned off security system so you can come check it out if you would like to.

Pinter Etsy Collage 2.png

• Like 8

My horse has the oddest set of interests.  We were exploring around the north side of Antelope Lake this morning, checking out the flowering bushes and butterflies, the way he always likes to, when he discovered fire. Well, not fire generically.  He discovered a fire in a pit in front of the ranger cabin at the lake, and it fascinated him.  He stared at it for much too long, as if he was trying to decide how to make use of the new information. It was all I could do to drag him away and head south.

1410673914_Horse11-21-2019_Antelopecabin.png.90579a0fd2dfa66b531d39c8927c5347.png

Antelope Lake itself is beautiful,  but I really wanted to scout out the area around Sparkle Bottom, where there are two joined lakes, Sparkle Lake itself and Leech Lake.

The roads from Antelope lake southward are well kept and rather straight for some of the way. We made good time.  It seemed to me that the horse had already forgotten about fire and was starting to enjoy the new exploration.

1782863250_Horse11-21-2019_ToHuney.png.c5d100acb76e8fb8c86a97fca546d165.png

There was one tricky moment, as we passed through Huney Junction, when I spotted a small campfire next to some camper's trailer home, but apparently my horse didn't notice, even when some sparks drifted across the road ahead of us.

2001065944_Horse11-21-2019_Sparkle.png.d23c9c31b2afb073a56526ae2fcda3d5.png

South of Huney Junction, the maze of dirt roads leads almost directly to Sparkle Lake. going through some low rolling hills.  There were plenty of flowering bushes along the way, and a surprising number of butterflies for this time of the year.  The horse was invigorated.  I was confident that he had left the memory of the fire pit behind. ....

334904053_Horse11-21-2019_Marshmallows.png.f62d9797ee8725ec9170676f32efdb25.png

.... until we came across this picnic area.  I don't know why campers would walk off and leave a charcoal fire and four sticks with marshmallows roasting over it, but they did.  I could see the little wheels turning in my horse's mind.  He stared at that fire and those marshmallows for the longest time and then let out a happy whinny.  He had figured out what fire is good for.  I dismounted and we shared the marshmallows.  That was one happy horse.

885360222_Horse11-21-2019_SparkleLake.png.5b6e948b161dd6eddccde12f245badd5.png

Sparkle Lake is the largest geographic feature in the Sparkle Bottom district.  It's lovely and, as far as I could see, clean and clear.  It would have been a wonderful place for a leisurely swim, except that it's also a popular camping area.  There are just too many camping trailers there to make that a good idea if you're not packing a suit.  Leech Lake, which is connected and just to the south, is just as lovely and just as popular.  The lakes are fed by a stream that comes out of the hills to the west, though.  Instead of continuing south, then, I decided to follow the stream and find its source.

1309229829_Horse11-21-2019_ToBearLake.png.06ccc430fc47438e65c36346fe192ffb.png

The road to Roaring Bear crosses the stream many times, so it's quite easy to follow it gradually upslope.  There are several small waterfalls along the way, and some very lush vegetation. Satisfied by the marshmallows, my horse wandered along happily.

315548234_Horse11-21-2019_BearFalls.png.7942e9011b1b524a767d0ce03d1357d8.png

Finally, we reached the base of a magnificent waterfall-- actually a compound cascade -- coming down from the rocky slope above.  My horse seemed quite pleased to stay right there and wade around while I climbed the rocks to see what was at the top. 

527087557_Horse11-21-2019_BearLake.png.80997c86a3c0dd311fb827a26e5f7d34.png

In the end, sadly, the climb was disappointing.  There is a lake at the top, but it's dreadfully barren -- rocky all around and solid rock all across its floor.  Not only that, but it's not even waist deep.  It's hardly a place to dive in, and the rocks are uncomfortable to walk on.  I found a dumb-looking floatie that some kid abandoned, and tried paddling around with it for a while, but it just wasn't much fun.  I stayed for maybe twenty minutes, got dressed again, and went back down to the horse.

So today he won.  Now he knows about fire and has discovered what it's good for.  And I had a nice ride in the country but no new swimming hole.  Maybe I'll have more luck next time.  I'll just have to remember marshmallows.

• Like 14

Also in Fish Tale.

I managed to come to an agreement with Stanley the Koi. So long as I put some sort of enclosure up to keep the sharks out he would put up with a houseboat, the salt -water, possible boat rotor injury, neighbours with fish that might look at him funny, or herons (don't mention herons).

Personally I've never seen a shark, but apparently he's been on the forums and everything there is true and there WAS A PHOTO so it's not worth arguing with him. 

Honestly he never stops moaning. Who knows why when he's been in so many lovely ponds, rock pools, tanks and even a swimming pool* in the last few months of moving around. You'd think he would enjoy the change of scene.

* the swimming pool chemicals made his fins peel, allegedly, I couldn't see it but that's because I never pay attention to him and am always decorating, he says...sigh

Fish Tale is lovely BTW and the houseboat faces open water at the back and has plenty of open space at the front. I am very pleased with it. More photos when I'm done decorating.

(I think I just heard a fish blow bubbles in a disapproving way) 

houseboat_003.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I was in the mood for a short, easy trip this morning -- no climbing over rocks or fording streams.  So, there I was, daydreaming at the lookout rail at the Light of Aurelia, when I realized that I had never wandered down the coast. If you've never been up on the light, I recommend it.  The view is spectacular. 

2023519847_LightotAurelia11-24-2019START.png.1da421e27331c83bb4237d9d8f6b9c9c.png

From the lighthouse south, the coastline is a favorite for people with houseboats.  The coastline is studded with them as far as the eye can see. This is by far my favorite lighthouse in Bellisseria, so I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't taken time to get a closer look.

1090026307_LightotAurelia11-24-2019LOABridge.png.e0f59ea3a7f31daabbb882a48ddea983.png

These are quiet roads in this part of the world, ideal for a nice sedate scooter like mine that moves along at a leisurely pace.  If I am going to enjoy the scenery, I don't want to wrestle with some overpowered piece of machinery that is designed to zip from one destination to the next.

357430483_LightotAurelia11-24-2019Everett.png.8109795eae8686bcac7f371fdc5d7cfd.png

I took a left turn at the end of the bridge from the lighthouse and headed into Everett, which is a friendly-looking community. The road winds along the coast, flanked by well-kept suburban homes on one side and houseboat slips on the other. As always in Bellisseria, I am impressed by how many mature trees there are here.  They provide shade and add to the comfortable neighborhood feel.

2024694240_LightotAurelia11-24-2019Gangway.png.8e732d61dfa9cd338bd0ef6d2363f7a5.png

Not much farther along, in Gangway, there are several small stretches of rocky shoreline where the houseboat piers stand off a little farther from the land. These are pretty places to visit -- plenty of grassy areas where you can sit and smell the flowers and some other spots like this one where you can sit and admire the houseboats.

292891440_LightotAurelia11-24-2019Beluga1.png.5b449e42c777ff3d341ef94f75ab619a.png

At Beluga Sound, the coastline turns westward and the houseboats are moored farther from shore. Not too far off are the marinas on Pickle Island at Lillipop and Bennetts Cove. This is a great area for boating.  It's the gateway to the waters of southern Bellisseria and, not much farther south, to one of the two great rivers that flow out from the inland sea at Berknear Bay and Plafil Waters.  It's also a well-known favorite spot for mermaids, who enjoy the grotto where the coastal shelf drops off into the deeper waters of the Great Sea.

519668392_LightotAurelia11-24-2019BelugaSound.png.f25c660627d3c75986c48e96e4eb0c4d.png

As much as I love hiking and horseback riding in the hills and vales of Bellisseria, I am drawn to the open vistas and fresh air in places like this.  And by the seagulls.  I realize that they can be loud, pesky birds at times, but they are wonderfully confident and the clear masters of the shore. If you are a fisherman, you know that they are also a sign of abundant sea life.

823591678_LightotAurelia11-24-2019WalrusBeach.png.24759d3d56a351e004c7c94c57116b98.png

I hadn't planned to travel much farther than this and, in fact, found that the small road in Walrus Beach dead-ends into the easternmost end of the houseboat piers just about where they reach the mouth of the river. The main road to the south from here heads across the bridge to Porthole, Campwich Forest, and beyond.  For today, though, I was satisfied to stop here.

818140553_LightotAurelia11-24-2019END.png.421e987bd5614d25a52d294806cbe684.png

Here's the view back up the coast, with the Light of Aurelia in the distance. These are public piers, like all of them in Bellisseria, so you can wander among them wherever your fancy -- or your little scooter -- takes you. 

• Like 8

I'm seeing some great interior lighting in the houses you've all done, but the lamps I've found so far are like interrogation lights, lighting up my whole house, the neighbor's house, and half of the houses in the region. Any suggestions? I'd like something that would give a softer light inside when I'm set for midnight. Geez, maybe I'm just doing something wrong...

44 minutes ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

I'm seeing some great interior lighting in the houses you've all done, but the lamps I've found so far are like interrogation lights, lighting up my whole house, the neighbor's house, and half of the houses in the region. Any suggestions? I'd like something that would give a softer light inside when I'm set for midnight. Geez, maybe I'm just doing something wrong...

If you learn how to manually edit, you can custom your lights.

I am surprised and a bit annoyed that so many lamp/light sellers sell with the light source set to the standard numbers of pure white, 1000 intensity, 10 m range and 0.750 falloff. If they don't use pure white, they use sickening yellow or bright orange. Sometimes they set the range to over 10 m.

You have to find the part of the lamp that contains the light. This is often in the bulb.

As you can see, the streetlight has this setting, but the range is set to 12 m. This can be ok. I suppose. I find this light too harsh, even if it is outdoor. I prefer to set the intensity to 0.5, and a range to 5 m instead of 12. I often fiddle with the falloff, but see no big changes from it. I don't know if you can see it, but I added just a hint of beige to the color.

Inside, in the small rooms in the Linden homes, I would not set light to more intense than 0.5. I often use 0.3, 0.2 and a range of 2 - 4 m. I change the color of the light to light peach inside, so it will not have that industrial look.

light_001.jpg

light_006.jpg

light_007.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2