The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Wow, this is something to see!  Tower room, gingerbread, spires, shutters, fancy fencing.........  I am in awe, terrific work!!!

Thank you! It's a work in progress, and has even changed slightly since the snapshot was taken earlier today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Wow, I am just lurking around on Heirlong and seem to have landed in Pride Circle and just LOOK at all the goodies set out here!  Have I just been gone too long or is this new?  Yummy!

Pride Party Goodies at Heirlong.jpg

Had to go and taste some treats offered there. Mmm... 😋 😃

2019-06-15_treats.thumb.jpg.ffedfb5f1d2771981b271307100279b7.jpg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Is it open to visitors? ❤️

Just be careful of the butler when you're peeking in the windows. He can be a bit ... unpredictable.

But seriously, if the security system is not enabled, anyone is free to explore the parcel. If it's on, please visit another time. Thank you for asking ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Just be careful of the butler when you're peeking in the windows. He can be a bit ... unpredictable.

But seriously, if the security system is not enabled, anyone is free to explore the parcel. If it's on, please visit another time. Thank you for asking ☺️

I had to do a double take .. thought at first you said peeing in the windows .. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I had to do a double take .. thought at first you said peeing in the windows .. :P

I initially read butter rather than butler and couldn't figure out what butter had to do with peeking in windows.

Now it would make sense to be careful of the butter if you are peeing in the windows.  😲

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Now I'm going to have to take another look! I cammed down there earlier today and checked out your furniture while I was at it. lol  (Great job, btw!) 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now I'm going to have to take another look! I cammed down there earlier today and checked out your furniture while I was at it. lol  (Great job, btw!) 

Thanks Sylvia!

Never know who (or what) you might find lurking around inside though ...

Snapshot_028.png

• Like 16

I had in mind to get an airplane, there are many of them in MP, unpretentious, freebie. And instead I found this air ship, always freebie, but functional, with 3 speeds, easy to drive, on which you can also invite friends for an excursion. Then from the landing strip I came to the north of Bellsseria passing over the new neighborhood of New Amsterdam, under construction. But is it true that Sansar is north of Bellisseria? so I heard ... mmm we'll see ... 4th pic is my home at San Jocoso

elf_001.png

elf_002.png

elf_003.png

elf_005.png

elf_007.png

elf_008.png

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Oh no! Full bright trees, fence and pergola! 😬 😵
Maybe the owners have never seen them at night, so they don't know? 🤷‍♀️

2019-06-16_full-bright.thumb.jpg.621e4e21ecd952da7025db78a72095dc.jpg

My guess is that they are most likely running at lower graphics settings and the items would be too dark in their viewers without the full bright enabled. Those of us who use ALM get spoiled by the nuances, but can also be blinded by choices which limprove the surroundings for those with ALM turned off or unavailable. Unfortunately, there is little we can do short of crowdfunding more capable computers and graphics cards. Me, I just put on my sunnies and move on. 😎

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

My guess is that they are most likely running at lower graphics settings and the items would be too dark in their viewers without the full bright enabled. Those of us who use ALM get spoiled by the nuances, but can also be blinded by choices which limprove the surroundings for those with ALM turned off or unavailable. Unfortunately, there is little we can do short of crowdfunding more capable computers and graphics cards. Me, I just put on my sunnies and move on. 😎

And there are those who keep their sun at midday 24/7 and never know what night looks like in SL even on powerful machines. I just derender things like this when I see it. :) 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

And there are those who keep their sun at midday 24/7 and never know what night looks like in SL even on powerful machines. I just derender things like this when I see it. :) 

This ^^. I almost never use a dark WL; my go to is Nacon's Afternoon. When decorating, I try to remember to check for full bright things that might blind others, but I probably miss a few now and then since I don't see them the way others do. Derender is the best answer. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lukas Thetan said:

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

When I'm at home, unless I'm intentionally wanting to see the sunset or sunrise, my setting is always on some sort of daytime neutral setting like CalWL - because when I'm at home, I am usually trying various things on and I want the lighting neutral.  I typically only switch to other settings when I am out exploring or taking pictures.  

So, yeah, I could see how I might not notice if an object is set to full bright. 

*Makes note to self to check on this*  (though I do know that the above is not me, due to the landscaping)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This ^^. I almost never use a dark WL; my go to is Nacon's Afternoon. When decorating, I try to remember to check for full bright things that might blind others, but I probably miss a few now and then since I don't see them the way others do. Derender is the best answer. :)

Ha! :) My windlight is usually a bit too dark, LOL. While I love overall bright stuff, the point-light system really allows for subtle accents that are otherwise simply nearly invisible. It does mean I have like 40 lights in my Windlass, and some areas are *still* too dark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Ha! :) My windlight is usually a bit too dark, LOL. While I love overall bright stuff, the point-light system really allows for subtle accents that are otherwise simply nearly invisible. It does mean I have like 40 lights in my Windlass, and some areas are *still* too dark.

I can't see much at all in the dark, so that narrows my WL choices. lol 

(Alas, it also means that I can't see the details in dark photos, but I'm sure your decor is awesome!)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Yeah, eep! That fullbright is fugly. Like you said, though, fullbright is probably often a way for ppl to 'mask' their low graphics setting, so they're likely not even aware of it.

As I said earlier somewhere, LOL, fullbright still *does* have its places, though. Most notably on lit lightbulbs, and specific objects. Like I set fullbright on this vintage tape deck (see below). Sometimes adding yet another (strong) light source (especially in small corner like that) is something I find undesireable.

kira_7.thumb.jpg.4d907f64fb01b34349e755955a789893.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Yeah, eep! That fullbright is fugly. Like you said, though, fullbright is probably often a way for ppl to 'mask' their low graphics setting, so they're likely not even aware of it.

As I said earlier somewhere, LOL, fullbright still *does* have its places, though. Most notably on lit lightbulbs, and specific objects. Like I set fullbright on this vintage tape deck (see below). Sometimes adding yet another (strong) light source (especially in small corner like that) is something I find undesireable.

kira_7.thumb.jpg.4d907f64fb01b34349e755955a789893.jpg

you can always lower the full (bright) with some grey colouring,, so its not too bright. Some flowers fits it well, even with a good graphics card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

before having a fairly powerful graphics card, I also preferred full b. but now I really like the light dark effect that objects take following the night and day cycle, which I prefer to those who are always at noon. They probably didn't notice that at night some objects are lit up perhaps because they have disabled the day and night cycle

• Like 3