Grotesquely swollen inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Magnek Fang said:

135k and I'm gaining faster than I'm purging. Ah the joys of hunt season.

Lol, was just telling a friend earlier how march is crazy with the good hunts x3

Just finished the wonderful as always Steampunk Hunt. Now I'm about to tackle Twisted. I'm a masochist.

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It terrifies me how many of you are willing to discard 'the other sizes' or 'the other makes'  Who hasn't wanted to change size and shape from time to time,  but no longer has the M L and XL sizes after a thorough spruce up of the inv ? Gutting and expensive. I work on a 'keep all sizes just in case' basis. Plus two backups of everything.

I have a Maitreya body and truly cannot foresee ever changing to another mesh body, thus I see no reason to keep the non-Maitreya sizes.  The Maitreya size will continue to work with my shape even when I play with my shape size here and there.

If I end up wearing something older, that only comes in the original standard sizes, then I do keep multiple sizes since I do tweak my shape here and there.

6 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I am such a packrat! My "to be processed" folder is mostly split by month (and year - sigh) acquired.

I will admit to still having some unpacked items from a few few years ago.  

1 minute ago, Syn Anatine said:

Lol, was just telling a friend earlier how march is crazy with the good hunts x3

Just finished the wonderful as always Steampunk Hunt. Now I'm about to tackle Twisted. I'm a masochist.

The first bit of this month was hectic for me, so I'm just starting the Steampunk hunt today -- I love this one.   

The Twisted hunt always depends on my mood.  Since they do no hints at all and some of the merchants hide things really well, I have to be in the right mood to handle the possible many frustrations of that hunt.  I completed it last spring, but skipped most of it last fall because I just couldn't get in the right mindset.  We'll see if I manage this spring one or not.

• Like 1

Mine has never been over 30k; currently siting at 28k, though I suspect it'll break 30k fairly soon. I'm not concerned though, it seems very small compared to most of you!

My alt is at 9k. O.o I need to take the poor guy shopping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The first bit of this month was hectic for me, so I'm just starting the Steampunk hunt today -- I love this one.   

The Twisted hunt always depends on my mood.  Since they do no hints at all and some of the merchants hide things really well, I have to be in the right mood to handle the possible many frustrations of that hunt.  I completed it last spring, but skipped most of it last fall because I just couldn't get in the right mindset.  We'll see if I manage this spring one or not.

Psst store #34 is really really nice about it. :SwingingFriends:

But I totally get it, I have skipped Twisted before for that same reason or stopped partway through.
The Steampunk Hunt is quite honestly my favorite. I don't even do it for the gifts (they are just a bonus!), I do it because a) it's like a walk down memory lane, some places  haven't changed in literally a decade! and b) because some things I see just blow me away with creativity and c) the utter randomness of the stores.

It features everything, the very best, the very random, and the verrrrry old.

• Like 2

Just now, Matty Luminos said:

Mine has never been over 30k; currently siting at 28k, though I suspect it'll break 30k fairly soon. I'm not concerned though, it seems very small compared to most of you!

My alt is at 9k. O.o I need to take the poor guy shopping.

I think it's a female thing. Not necessarily a RL gender thing, but a female avatar thing. With 90% of stuff being directed at females (going by events and even a lot of hunts since that topic has come up) it's only logical female avatar users end up with a lot more stuff while the poor men get to stand in a corner looking sad and forlorn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syn Anatine said:

I think it's a female thing. Not necessarily a RL gender thing, but a female avatar thing. With 90% of stuff being directed at females (going by events and even a lot of hunts since that topic has come up) it's only logical female avatar users end up with a lot more stuff while the poor men get to stand in a corner looking sad and forlorn.

I dunno, I never seem to have much difficulty finding tons of stuff that I want to buy. I'm more limited by my budget than by lack of options (which is the main reason why my alt is sitting at 9k).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It terrifies me how many of you are willing to discard 'the other sizes' or 'the other makes'  Who hasn't wanted to change size and shape from time to time,  but no longer has the M L and XL sizes after a thorough spruce up of the inv ? Gutting and expensive. I work on a 'keep all sizes just in case' basis. Plus two backups of everything.

I've tried nearly all the other bodies. I made my choice. The only way I'd change bodies is if a new one came out that I liked better so saving the sizes for bodies I've already ruled out seems more like hoarding than being thoughtful. Not to forget that most, not all, but by far the majority of creators I shop with have redelivery terminals so why should I clutter up my inventory with useless objects?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

That's the beauty of mesh bodies. You can change your size and shape as much as you want using the sliders and the clothes for said mesh body still fit (within reason).

Those standard sizes of L, M, XL and such are for system bodies where you do have to go up in sizes if you change shape. This does not apply to mesh bodies. One sizes fits all for them.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 1

I do all that 'trashing unwanted sizes, LM, notecards, textures', and still my inventory is dangerous lurking around 96-100,000. 

I have most things saved in Appearence folder, often 2-3 variation of an outfits.. I had complete outfits but found it added to the count so I have been going through this too and removing huds and other things I can get later. When Ive save shoes and make-up, I go to inventory and delete everything worn but those items. This has reduced the count by thousands. (I delete the trash everyday before I sign off). 

I have said, I will delete something if I want to add any more, so I dont go over 100,000. The only thing I havent done to trim inventory is to box up seldom used items. Thats in a future plan.

14 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I am way past the standard sizes, since I only use a mesh body. My common issue was that I always had to change breast size to fit in to the fixed standard sizes.

Plus that my clothes with only standard sizes came early, before mesh bodies, and they are IMO crude and not so well made as  the last years creations.

I would rather delete all standard sizes than the system layers. I still wait for BoM.

I get a lot of stuff in "containers" like shopping bags, boxes and HUDs that attach to screen. As long as I keep them, I can unpack a new set and get the sizes from there.

Of course I must find the containers, place them in folders and name them..... things I don't do.

Packing things in boxes is dangerous. They get lost in my inventory. I really need a organizer service. Of course I can't hire someone, it's too risky and it is not allowed. I could loose my accounts and be banned. But still, I can dream of an Inventory Angel?

18 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I have been wearing my Maitreya body for four years.  I have never kept any of the other sizes, I threw out all the standard sizes years ago.  I have never once missed any of it. I don't feel at all like switching bodies, so those sizes would just be a waste of space to me.  Soooo out they all go :P

I am pretty ruthless with my inventory.  If I don't wear it, like it or am tired of it.....it gets trashed.  That said, I still have very hard time keeping my inventory down to a reasonable number.  My goal a couple of years go was to keep it around 50k to 60k, I am currently at 118k.  *shrugs* 

25K is nothing. Builders and bloggers regularly have over 100k or more. I know I have in that neighborhood since I just closed my main store. Textures can add up fast. 

As for eliminating sizes I don’t use, I have the Maitreya, all 3 Belleza, both Tonic, Toodledoo teen, Altamera, both Slink and probably a few more I don’t remember so I need them all, depending on the look I want.

30 minutes ago, Magnek Fang said:

As a Twisted Hunt veteran, I have to ask how bad it is.

2017 I was about 20 items short of finishing. It was over 700 items, only 3 days to do it and the last 100 came live only in the last 5 hours...

PS on topic: It ain't no good hunt if you are afraid of 25k items =^.^=

Edited by Fionalein

17 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Psst store #34 is really really nice about it. :SwingingFriends:

But I totally get it, I have skipped Twisted before for that same reason or stopped partway through.
The Steampunk Hunt is quite honestly my favorite. I don't even do it for the gifts (they are just a bonus!), I do it because a) it's like a walk down memory lane, some places  haven't changed in literally a decade! and b) because some things I see just blow me away with creativity and c) the utter randomness of the stores.

It features everything, the very best, the very random, and the verrrrry old.

I love Twisted!  It was my first hunt, it and Steampunk together in the fall of 2009.  Now I only go to my favorite stores to hunt and skipping to the end, but I used to be so dedicated trying to complete the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

2017 I was about 20 items short of finishing. It was over 700 items, only 3 days to do it and the last 100 came live only in the last 5 hours...

PS on topic: It ain't no good hunt if you are afraid of 25k items =^.^=

Dear Lord, did you open all?! 😲

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Grotesquely swollen what?????

Is this some sort of sneaky way of getting around the forum censor?

I posted similar.

59 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

After 11 years, 12K, half things I created named "Object".

What the hell is wrong with the rest of you?

The best name, so long as they don’t object to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.