Grotesquely swollen inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Who's got the biggest inventory ? Own up. I'm at an eye watering 25,664 items :( Going to organise it one day.

I try to keep my inventory under 35000, so when it starts to creep up I start the purging.

Done this many times. One time I was over 50000 and had to work it down over several days, it is so time-consuming. I ended up just closing my eyes and empty the trash, hoping I had not deleted too much.

I think only my alts have 25 k or lower.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I keep Blush's inventory under 100k with a target of 80k. So once she gets to 100k I do a major clean up to get it back down to 80k. But Debi's is another story. I want to keep hers as lean as possible. I have a max of 20k for her. So I am constantly sorting and deleting stuff from hers. But Blush pretty much stays in her workshop or a very empty sandbox making stuff so her inventory doesn't weight her down much. Debi is the social animal who tps all over the place helping others with their Maitreya bodies, dancing at live music events, or shopping like a maniac so it's really important to keep her as light weight as possible. Plus I just love knowing that I don't have a lot of crap in her inventory that she's never going to use.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got mine down to 48k a little while back ,down from 54k in one cleaning..which I'm been pruning it for a good while now..

I think the highest I've ever been that I can think of was in the 80k's..

It jumped back up to 50k,but I'm gonna really clean it good in July when I have some free time..Plus a lot of that is probably demos anyways..

I want to get into the 30k to 40 k's and I'll be happy..

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

when i went mesh i got my 30 k inventory down to 20 k by deleting all my system / flexiprim clothes, plus most notecards and objects.

Im back up to about 35 k now.

Might be time to delete all those appliers i bought when i first went mesh.

I use only Maitreya body, so I could delete all the other sizes that I get. It is just so much work.

I wish LL could offer a secretary service of trusted residents with RL info registered, that could come in and clean for me. Maybe a Premium perk, working as stylist with limited access granted by customers. Like, they can't access the  §L or empty trash, just clean up my wardrobe in the inventory and make folders of what they suggested could be purged.

One suggested delete folder with all the sizes I don't use, one with all the "thank you for buying my stuff" notecards and all the unpack scripts and hold bag animations, et cetera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I use only Maitreya body, so I could delete all the other sizes that I get. It is just so much work.

First thing I do when unpacking a new purchase is deleting all sizes except Maitreya, delete all notecards unless really needed (nearly never is a NC needed), delete any landmarks, add folders to the folder separating colors or functions of an item. Then if it's Debi's inventory it goes into my CTS wardrobe, if Blush, then goes into one of my very organized (well kinda organized) multi-level foldering system developed for my needs by me. Both of my avatars have "to be processed" folders for dropping the newly organized and sorted folder into when I don't have time to or just don't want to sort the newly purchased items into the full inventory. LOL I'm way organized in a very disorganized way!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Who's got the biggest inventory ? Own up. I'm at an eye watering 25,664 items :( Going to organise it one day.

*starts laughing maniacally*

25,000? Awe, sweetie, you just don't know. This is my second account and I have triple that.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I'm pretty sure the only way I'll ever again see an inventory number around or under 25K is to log in one of my alts.  Of them all, only my original main would possibly have any inventory higher than 25K - and that's still a 'maybe'.

I broke 100K just after the new year. I truly do plan to take some time and purge things again, but...............

• Like 4

Don't tell Strawberry Singh I told you this, but I saw hers once - at around 180,000+ - but I believe she's since put it on a diet 'cuz I saw it down to around 30k-something recently in one of her PP unpacking vids.

Edited by AnyaJurelle
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

First thing I do when unpacking a new purchase is deleting all sizes except Maitreya, delete all notecards unless really needed (nearly never is a NC needed), delete any landmarks, add folders to the folder separating colors or functions of an item. 

That sounds wise, if you have the delivery box as backup delete all but your current mesh bodies... you can always unpack them later of you need them, same goes for furniture and cars, keep them boxed up - you can always unbox in places that allow you to rez.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

First thing I do when unpacking a new purchase is deleting all sizes except Maitreya, delete all notecards unless really needed (nearly never is a NC needed), delete any landmarks, add folders to the folder separating colors or functions of an item. Then if it's Debi's inventory it goes into my CTS wardrobe, if Blush, then goes into one of my very organized (well kinda organized) multi-level foldering system developed for my needs by me. Both of my avatars have "to be processed" folders for dropping the newly organized and sorted folder into when I don't have time to or just don't want to sort the newly purchased items into the full inventory. LOL I'm way organized in a very disorganized way!

This ^^ - except for the CTS wardrobe part (none of my accounts have sprung for that). Since my "to be processed" folder sometimes gets a bit out of hand, I even have sub-folders in it to at least organize it roughly by category.

I'm pretty darn sure that I am not ever going to change bodies, so I don't need all those other versions of things.  I also seldom keep original boxes - only for a few special items where I don't want to take a chance the creator isn't around in the event that I want/need a redelivery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh yes, same here, clothes for all those other bodies I know I'll never use. But I just can't delete them, just in case i might want to change bodies someday.  Of course if I did delete them, I might cut my inventory in half

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since my "to be processed" folder sometimes gets a bit out of hand, I even have sub-folders in it to at least organize it roughly by category.

My folder ... 

processfolder.png.f3d6525062b7f189deaee7a37a487648.png

This is what I mean about being organized in an unorganized fashion... look at that Powder Pack .. that was 2 years ago .. and you know how long ago Luxe box ended!!!

But I am organized to a point! :D LOL notice that the emptied folders folder is currently empty ... I need to do some serious processing!! This is Debi's inventory btw ... I won't even let you see Blush's.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This ^^ - except for the CTS wardrobe part (none of my accounts have sprung for that). Since my "to be processed" folder sometimes gets a bit out of hand, I even have sub-folders in it to at least organize it roughly by category.

I'm pretty darn sure that I am not ever going to change bodies, so I don't need all those other versions of things.  I also seldom keep original boxes - only for a few special items where I don't want to take a chance the creator isn't around in the event that I want/need a redelivery.

I am such a packrat! My "to be processed" folder is mostly split by month (and year - sigh) acquired. I try to clean it up every January to get it down to one year, but I was a busy shopper last year and not a very good housekeeper. The really shameful thing is how long stuff stays in the meh folder before I actually get tough with me and delete it. I bought several different bodies before Maitreya came out with theirs, so even though I only wear the Maitreya, I don't throw out the others, just in case I change my mind. I generally had about 135K in my inventory but I've been working on it and I have it down to about 114 K right now.  Been busy lately and not much time to shop so that has helped.

image.png.95eacd420c2fd4ae26b1daa9b7f3a9cb.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rasterscan said:

If I were to unpack everything in my inventory.... *shudders* it would likely be well over 200,000.

As it is I have under 35k. I keep most things like textures in a changer. Other stuff that I don't use often are kept boxed. 

I have 6 (yes, six) toy boxes. 😇

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

It terrifies me how many of you are willing to discard 'the other sizes' or 'the other makes'  Who hasn't wanted to change size and shape from time to time,  but no longer has the M L and XL sizes after a thorough spruce up of the inv ? Gutting and expensive. I work on a 'keep all sizes just in case' basis. Plus two backups of everything.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

It terrifies me how many of you are willing to discard 'the other sizes' or 'the other makes'  Who hasn't wanted to change size and shape from time to time,  but no longer has the M L and XL sizes after a thorough spruce up of the inv ? Gutting and expensive. I work on a 'keep all sizes just in case' basis. Plus two backups of everything.

I do keep the originals in the original box as long as the box is copy/mod. If the original box is no copy then I create one and put everything from the original box in it. As long as the image is copy then I can apply it as a texture to the box. What I don't do is keep the sizes I don't wear in the folders. Only the ones I use. Everything else gets deleted, except for what is in the original box and/or the box I created for it. 

Your inventory is all stored on a single server, not multiple, so keeping more than one backup isn't necessarily going to help in the event of truly lost inventory. It just creates more clutter in your inventory and adds to the demands on the asset server. That's how I see it.

ETA: I also keep a copy of the image in the folder if the image is copy.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

The lowest mine has been in years was a few weeks back when I lost my whole inventory..

I was panicked at first.. Then there was a few moments of ,wow this is kind of nice seeing it so clean..then realizing I'm still a cloud..Then another peacful moment of,but it does feel nice and neat..

Could I start over?

Then reality would set back in..

What a roller coaster of emotions those few hours were,I tell you..

FewGrotesqueEmu-max-1mb.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.