Do you think you are an interesting person in SL?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Both of my lives are absolutely ordinary and as much as I like it that way, it wouldn't be interesting at all. I do consider myself to have a nice personality, but the catch is if I have the energy to let it out, most of the time I'm just a secret grumpy old man complaining about life. Even if I'm a 30 year old female.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Depends who's asking?

Right now I am living a peaceful and quiet life on my platform and, besides a nice chat, I am not really in the mood to "do stuff". I know I am interesting because many have told me so but I wouldn't consider myself anything special. There are tons of people like me, creative and a little weird (the good weird!) who like to create, to fix and to break stuff. 

There is one thing I am happy about my SL, actually it is about me. I started it as a person with basic English and no money. I didn't push hard, I didn't work like crazy, I was just meeting people, having good time with friends, trying different things and slowly I have come to the point where I have a nice steady income. It's not big money but it allows me to have fun and buy whatever I like and still say I never had to buy lindens. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

If you were to look at yourself in SL, like the things you do in SL and how you interact with others, how would you describe yourself? Are you an interesting person to be with? If you became the subject of an SL documentary and had a camera crew following you around would it be worth watching?

I don't think I am interesting at all. Most of my time is spent sitting or standing looking into space as I run Blender, or Gimp, (or the forums if I am stuck) on my second screen. Or my screen is covered in a scripting window.

Thanks to time zones, the little human-interaction time I have is spent dealing with Club Drama, exploring photosims with my Partner, or practicing knot-tying on my subs.

The camera crew might have some ratings issues with one of those things.

Edited by Callum Meriman

While I do go exploring off and on, I also spend a lot of time doing hunts and shopping, both of which I pretty much always do by standing in one spot and camming around. I highly doubt that anyone is going to find that very interesting to watch, but more power to them if they so desire.

1 minute ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Wow, look at you, all Ms. Popularity! Nobody ever sends ME any messages like that :-(.

I used to get them, and ones much worse, a LOT, back in my rabble-rousing days. Although back then, it was mostly via in-world IMs.

I treasure them all, and have a wall with framed copies of the very best ones!

(I really knew Laskya had "arrived" when I started getting a few for her!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ya know? . . . good question. Hmmm.

There's always a risk that someone will think you're serious when you're not, but the fun is in building up the trust to get away with it. My childhood friends would be mortified by the banter in our house. Some never got comfortable with it, some eventually figured it out. Some joined in.

We had a very low tolerance for defusing a tease via the equivalent of "(JOKING!!!!)", I suppose because we imagined some self doubt. The McMasters have thick skins, but we're sensitive. To deliver a tease with confidence, you must believe the underlying affection will be understood. I don't think there's anyone here who would question yours, so don't question it yourself.

And, to be perfectly honest, Parhelion really is so uninteresting that he makes people fall asleep. Just ask him.

(BTW, the little devil avatar you think so perfectly suits me... was given to me by Par... while I was asleep.)

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

Interesting person? Hmm.. yes and no. Often I'm logged in and can be in one spot for hours and hours apparently doing nothing. Extremely boring for any outsider watching me (Z_zzzz... big yawn...). ?

But then if all the idle moments were cut off by the camera crew from the documentary it might have some interest. I do a lot of exploring and see wide variety of places in SL. Like yesterday, I swam (yes, I indeed did so!) from sandbox to my home which was many, many regions away from the sandbox. I saw some interesting things while swimming under water. Fish, turtles, fish traps, underwater vegetation. And you know what? I saw crystals now and then. Ha, so I have found the place where the :ph34r: SL15B crystals have been stored (maybe for some later use)!

Very interesting, isn't it?
No?
Ok... -.- ... :/

;)xD

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Interesting person? Hmm.. yes and no. Often I'm logged in and can be in one spot for hours and hours apparently doing nothing. Extremely boring for any outsider watching me (Z_zzzz... big yawn...). ?

But then if all the idle moments were cut off by the camera crew from the documentary it might have some interest. I do a lot of exploring and see wide variety of places in SL. Like yesterday, I swam (yes, I indeed did so!) from sandbox to my home which was many, many regions away from the sandbox. I saw some interesting things while swimming under water. Fish, turtles, fish traps, underwater vegetation. And you know what? I saw crystals now and then. Ha, so I have found the place where the :ph34r: SL15B crystals have been stored (maybe for some later use)!

Very interesting, isn't it?
No?
Ok... -.- ... :/

;)xD

It's lovely to hear of your discovery while swimming :)  A member of the Pod Riders group recently drew up a list of old Linden builds that seem to have been forgotten, or not visited any more.  Yes, they are old things made of prims but we've been having fun visiting them.

• Like 1

I think that we all have our "interesting" qualities.

Everyone has at least one or two or fifty things about them that may be seen as interesting by someone else.

Personally... idk. I would have to talk to ppl more often (which engaging in the community forums is me trying to be more engaging lol), to be able to draw an opinion on if I think I am interesting. I would have to draw that conclusion based on how others interact with me, and then I could share an opinion.

I think the person that started this thread is pretty interesting :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I´m not interesting at all...

How the hell do you know? That's not for you to say, thank you very much.

You can say "I don't consider myself interesting". It's hard to refute that.

As for actually being "non interesting at all", my contrarian nature compels me to say you're wrong.

ETA: You're cute when you're confused.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Friends whose opinions I trust and value find me interesting, so for them at least, I am. That's all that really matters. ?

I'm gonna go out on a big limb on the presumption tree and ask... what about friends who's opinions you value, but don't trust?

I'll wait for your response before I find you interesting... or not.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How the hell do you know? That's not for you to say, thank you very much.

You can say "I don't consider myself interesting". It's hard to refute that.

As for actually being "non interesting at all", my contrarian nature compels me to say you're wrong.

but.... but... I´m just a lil weird critter....of course I´d never question your judgement  (I know better...) hm maybe I really should leave it to you, Maddie, @Sukubia Scarmon, @Clover Jinx and @Rhonda Huntress to decide as a jury?^^ You gals are probably the best judges^^

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

but.... but... I´m just a lil weird critter....of course I´d never question your judgement  (I know better...) hm maybe I really should leave it to you, Maddie, @Sukubia Scarmon, @Clover Jinx and @Rhonda Huntress to decide as a jury?^^ You gals are probably the best judges^^

You are super awesome in a uniquely satisfying way.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.