Do you think you are an interesting person in SL?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Phorumities said:

what i find very interesting is that in at least some shots with Arte Johnson there is clearly a Nazi eagle and swastika visible on the side of his helmet.

That simply wouldn't be allowed today, and of course lets not even mention Hogan's Heros.

Are those shows even allowed to be aired any more?

Look up the definition of satire, which is protected free speech in the US, particularly if it's political.

"The Man in the High Castle" is a currently produced television show containing lots of Nazi imagery (if the adverts are accurate, I've not watched the show). I believe it's broadcast in Germany, which has the most restrictive (and sometimes confusing) laws governing the display of such things. The general goal is to avoid the use of Nazi imagery and themes to promote the ideology it represents. There is (or should be) no problem depicting such things for art, educational, historical, or critical purposes. There will be argument over edge cases, particularly when people are purposely pushing the envelope.

When I was in Germany in 1993, the evening news was rife with stories of skinhead violence in Berlin. Thugs had pushed disabled people in wheelchairs down flights of stairs, in an effort to rid Germany of defective humans. It's not hard to understand that the government, and much of the public that voted for it, would want to stem that tide. At the time, there was also heated discussion over whether to continue preserving the Nazi death camps as reminders of what had happened, or to allow their demolition for new construction. I haven't followed this issue over the last 25 years but, at the time, the idea that those who forget history are condemned to repeat it was very much in play.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:07 AM, Bree Giffen said:

If you were to look at yourself in SL, like the things you do in SL and how you interact with others, how would you describe yourself? Are you an interesting person to be with? If you became the subject of an SL documentary and had a camera crew following you around would it be worth watching?

Dead dull. Any camera crew unfortunate enough to follow me around in SL would be comatose within the first 5 minutes. All I do is stand still behind a camera for hours on end (literally), photographing sims - with the occasional crash and re-log back to the same position to pick up where I left off. 

Interactions with others I try to keep to a minimum to avoid the inevitable dramas that tend to accompany pixel people.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:37 AM, Bree Giffen said:

If you were to look at yourself in SL, like the things you do in SL and how you interact with others, how would you describe yourself? Are you an interesting person to be with? If you became the subject of an SL documentary and had a camera crew following you around would it be worth watching?

Well I'm a Flickr artist with over 7 million views, married to a popular DJ at a club, manager of an inworld fetishwear brand (Hugo's design) and grid-wide action heroine.

...so yeah I'd say I'm worth a look?

21730981648_d6ec809604_o.jpg

14 hours ago, AlexandriaBrangwin said:

Well I'm a Flickr artist with over 7 million views, married to a popular DJ at a club, manager of an inworld fetishwear brand (Hugo's design) and grid-wide action heroine.

...so yeah I'd say I'm worth a look?

21730981648_d6ec809604_o.jpg

and modest , you forgot modest

• Haha 1

No, i'm very very very boring, i don't like to socialize much or talk to people. I try to avoid any closer contact. < This may change though, because everything changes always and i haven't been like this always too, so...

On 10/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, Bree Giffen said:

I am an introvert in SL, after seeing the stupid games people play, the lies told and the fake ass people I keep to myself. Absolutely not worth watching documentary.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:37 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

No I am not interesting enough but a documentary crew might find it amusing for about 5 minutes while I explain to new resident's it's not classy to get naked in my store and ask me or my customers to jump on the furniture with them.

I'd watch that ?

I think I'm in the middle of the spectrum but a little more introvert. I have a few friends ..but not a whole lot.

I don't like going to SL and RL clubs. SL because I lag all hell. RL because I hate drunks.

I dislike obnoxious people both in SL and RL. So yea I kinda avoid crowded places and people at all cost.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:37 AM, Bree Giffen said:

If you find it interesting to watch an adult play dress ups with her dolly, then go for your life! ?... Some of us grow up just to become kids again ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.