What are your favourite dresses?

JasmineEdith02

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:54 AM, JasmineEdith02 said:

Untitled6.png

:)

i so remember being this look.  Layer dress with prim skirt. prim hair. prim shoes. And a rose even. I have all mesh stuffs now. But yeah. A simpler less complicated life and time

thankyou for posting and making me smile :)

• Like 2

There are still good reasons to wear layer clothes and prim skirts.  Each type of clothing has its pluses and minuses.

Clothing layers.  Pluses:  They always fit!  They never poke through clothes worn over them.  They are fabulous for anything that fits very close to the body, like swimsuits and underwear and tight tops or pants.  Besides, they may be making a comeback with the new "bakes on mesh" feature, allowing them to be worn with mesh bodies.  Minuses:  Textures can be muddy.  Wrinkles are painted on, not real.  Shading does not change with different lighting angles.

Flexiprims.  Pluses:  Skirts made of flexiprim panels move beautifully.  Minuses:  Your legs can poke through the skirt, requiring that you wear "glitch pants", pants of the same texture to hide this unwanted effect.  Biggest minus is they hang straight down when you sit, exposing your legs.

Mesh.  Pluses: Three dimensional, the most realistic looking clothing.  Minuses:  Oh boy.  They don't fit automatically, often requiring shape adjustment.  They require wearing an alpha mask to hide the parts of your body under the clothes.  The alpha mask doesn't always fit at the edges, making more or less of you invisible than you'd like.  If you wear a mesh body, the available alpha adjustment increments often don't fit the clothes.  Even when everything works, your legs often end at the hem of your skirt and look goofy when you sit.  Skirts are only affected by skeletal movement, and don't swish or sway or billow at all.

Frankly, I think the best use of mesh is mesh feet and shoes.  I think your appearance rocks, Jasmine!  (except for the shoes.)

What we REALLY need isn't animesh or even bakes on mesh.  What we need is a cloth simulation function and collision detection between clothing and avatars.  I know, I know...trying to render that in real time would be way hard, so we probably won't get it any time soon.  But I sure want it!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of my favorite dresses - I have quite a few in this style (wide flair skirt, anywhere from mid-thigh to just below the knee).

504822513_20170923-CheckingoutTallisArtShow.thumb.jpg.e969821615d7f631587a5b841fefc0ba.jpg

I remember that place.

As for favorite dresses that is a tough one since it varies with my mood, and what avi I am using, but this is near the top of the list.

12.16x_001.thumb.png.c03f8f2255c7d5f453ab55c5c7495a7b.png

I bought a demo of this dress before I went mesh, but could never get it to fit right with any of the five standard sizes.  When I switched to mesh and could wear the Maitreya version I was so excited.

• Like 8

On 9/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of my favorite dresses - I have quite a few in this style (wide flair skirt, anywhere from mid-thigh to just below the knee).

504822513_20170923-CheckingoutTallisArtShow.thumb.jpg.e969821615d7f631587a5b841fefc0ba.jpg

That dress is similar to this one:

Mel_20180805_1.thumb.jpg.30fe9b24963aaa5982c4e66dca434adb.jpg

Amazing how she tends to wear outfits I like. Almost like she's an alt. Most of the women I know don't usually wear dresses, so Mel mostly has this sort of outfit:

Mel_20180805_2.thumb.jpg.91cb551e136763cf9a08b1314532e1a5.jpg

• Like 11

If you want to find great dresses and other clothes check out iHeartSL.com. The site is a fashion aggregator, meaning EVERYONE shows up in their stream.

From there you can find the designers you like and the blogs that cover fashion in the style you like.

Events also get mention in the stream. 

As it is an aggregator there are typically 100+ new posts per day. So, lots to look at.

• Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you want to find great dresses and other clothes check out iHeartSL.com. The site is a fashion aggregator, meaning EVERYONE shows up in their stream.

From there you can find the designers you like and the blogs that cover fashion in the style you like.

Events also get mention in the stream. 

As it is an aggregator there are typically 100+ new posts per day. So, lots to look at.

Yes it is a great resource and nearly everyone is on it. There is an application process for the feed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

nearly everyone is on it.

Unless, like me, they swear on their blogs. I didn't bother applying, because I eff-and-blind like a trooper on my blog, and I refuse to change how I write just to get onto a feed.

What is prohibited content?

Would I be comfortable viewing this content with my parents or children in the same room? Would I feel comfortable viewing this content if my boss walked up behind me while I had this content on my screen?

If the answer is no, then it is not acceptable for iheartSL.

If your blog posts contain any prohibited content, your site will not be considered for syndication or removed immediately.

NO Adult or Mature content

I don't post any nudity etc (only my partner gets to see that, not my blog readership) but I frequently drop f-bombs amid the text, and that's regarded as mature content.

Not that it matters as part of this particular thread. Not many dresses suit Skell, though he's been known to rock a mini skirt on occasion ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Getting the topic back on dresses

While I could have taken that as an admonishment that men who don't talk about their favourite dresses should shut up because this thread is clearly for 'women stuff,' I shall instead apologise for responding irrelevantly to Clover's remark about a blog feed that features a lot of dresses by posting a picture of my favourite skirt (the Atlas Set by Titzuki). I hope that'll suffice :)

36469402815_f8a10b295a_h.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My favourite dress is the one I bought most recently, until I look back through my inventory and then my favourite dress is the last one I looked at..............

Yeah I'm shallow. I use the same measures for shoes. My favourites I bought today.

And hair...............

The only thing I don't apply this to is.............*drum roll*...................my friends.?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

While I could have taken that as an admonishment that men who don't talk about their favourite dresses should shut up because this thread is clearly for 'women stuff,' I shall instead apologise for responding irrelevantly to Clover's remark about a blog feed that features a lot of dresses by posting a picture of my favourite skirt (the Atlas Set by Titzuki). I hope that'll suffice :)

Honestly, when I first saw that you had replied to this thread, I had no single doubt that you got to have at least one dress in your closet to show off. ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.