Jump to content
Nyll Bergbahn

Indecent and grossly offensive behaviour in a Linden Premium Home Moderate sim

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ignoring the fact of the very adult content, which is visible from other Linden homes, there are > 20 bots running on that parcel, plus an illegal Linden home extension that encroaches onto Linden owned land.

 

 

index.png

Oh ... I thought when you build linden home extensions they should remain in style and on your land? This is no "extension" it is just a black shoebox...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What they did wrong was making a big ugly box and filling the sim with bots. If they had kept the windows closed so you couldn't see from inside, left the outside of the house looking normal, didn't charge any L$ for anything and weren't selling anything, locked the furniture so you had to be in their closed group to use it, and didn't list it in search (which you can't in Linden Homes anyway) then it wouldn't be breaking the rules.


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

Linden Lab's Premium Home Sim Covenant includes the following (I have highlighted some pertinent points):

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, 
you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

Linden Home is for residential use only.
Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided.
Land cannot contain sky boxes, temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools — 10x10x10m (no megaprims).
Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred.
Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme.
Linden Homes should not be used as sandboxes.
Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.
Ownership is limited to one Linden Home per Premium Account.

Living in a community includes courtesy towards your neighbors. Here are some guidelines for etiquette in Linden Home regions:

Use local chat say, rather than shout.
Adhere to the Maturity Rating for the Linden Home region you're located in.
Respect your neighbors' privacy.
Review general Second Life etiquette suggestions and incorporate them into your Linden Home experience:

As you are aware, Premium Home sims are located in Moderate regions and use is usually strictly controlled. Occasionally, people breach this Covenant setting up clubs, shops, horse breeding stables or guilty of other transgressions and in my experience after living in my Premium Home since they were first released, Linden Lab usually deals with these promptly and efficiently within a day or two of an Abuse Report. 

It's therefore quite shocking to find Linden Lab ignoring its own Covenant and Community Guidelines, permitting a resident to convert and extend one of its quad Premium Homes near me into a sadistic torture chamber which is clearly adult and extreme adult at that. In it, he has 20 bots, both torturers and victims, all female avatars, operating a horrific range of sadistic torture equipment depicting violent and highly offensive acts. One involved a girl impaled on a spit and roasted over an open fire; another a girl being violently electrocuted while being hung on a rack; another being tied to a circular saw table while a blade cuts her open; others depict brutal whippings, rape and various tortures. The building is not in use as a home in any way whatsoever. I don't know if other people come here to use the torture equipment, they may do outside my time zone.

Some of torture equipment mentioned above has changed over the past week so will likely rotate over time. I'm just describing some of what was there and some of what still is. I would post photographs but they would breach the Community Guidelines here, being too explicit.

Despite three Abuse Reports from me and Abuse Reports from friends of mine, Linden Lab's Governance Team has done absolutely nothing to stop this gross and offensive violation of its own rules in one of its own designated Moderate Premium residential sims. 

If the Moderators want to remove this post, so be it (I'll post it on other sites), but if they do so, I hope they will notify someone senior in Linden Lab about this disgraceful situation. The resident should be told in no uncertain terms to take his torture chamber to a suitable adult sim and revert the home to normal residential use and not cause offence to all the other residents in the area by allowing this place to exist there.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make Linden Lab take action, please do make suggestions. 

LM please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

LM please

Did you read the thread? It poofed thanks to Linden sorcery ;)

 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

Despite three Abuse Reports from me and Abuse Reports from friends of mine, Linden Lab's Governance Team has done absolutely nothing to stop this gross and offensive violation of its own rules in one of its own designated Moderate Premium residential sims. 

Good to see it's solved. ARs can take a number of days, a lot of snowflakes complain about their Bae saying a swear word which clogs the queues.

The best way is to always AR and wait. It can take a week, but if it's a real problem and not someone being trivial, the Lab do act.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see it myself to see the bots, only then noticed LL has already taken care of it, and the house as well!

image.png.bc0c87a654a29f82d2709991b5da178a.png

Poor busy Governance will need to log in and re-rez the house outside the parcel because it got deleted as well. D:

Hopefully no one gets assigned that home while it isn't rezzed, that'll be a bit confusing for them!

Edited by Chaser Zaks
emoticons are weird
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Went to see it myself to see the bots, only then noticed LL has already taken care of it, and the house as well!

image.png.bc0c87a654a29f82d2709991b5da178a.png

Poor busy Governance will need to log in and re-rez the house outside the parcel because it got deleted as well. D:

Hopefully no one gets assigned that home while it isn't rezzed, that'll be a bit confusing for them!

It must have been sincere violations when they nuked the whole house...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Images of a secluded sandbox closed for the public, the soiled house rezzed, Moles in protective gear spraying disinfectant and rubbing on the stains, while muttering under their breath: "This wasn't what I signed up for"))

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on my lunch-break and don’t have time to detail-read the thread as yet; but did anyone take the step of contacting the home-owner directly and asking them to lock-down their security settings? 

If they took the simple step of hiding their personal activity from people not involved in it, this would go a long way towards ending the “broadly offensive” portion of the situation.

The land-encroachment is a different issue, but a lot of new residents have had issues with land and build rules in the past. Now, if this isn’t a New Resident; that excuse goes right out the window ?

giphy.gif

 

Edited by AmandaKeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have those homes about as close together as you can get them..

Backyard parties must  be tight..O.O

 

I did post something else,but it was already said,so rather than just say deleted I posted the above..:ph34r:

 

 

 

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

 but did anyone take the step of contacting the home-owner directly and asking them to lock-down their security settings? 

If they took the simple step of hiding their personal activity from people not involved in it, this would go a long way towards ending the “broadly offensive” portion of the situation.

The land-encroachment is a different issue, but a lot of new residents have had issues with land and build rules in the past. Now, if this isn’t a New Resident; that excuse goes right out the window ?

at the first... nah.. with such breach of guidelines, maturity rating, and violating the agreement to use a Linden Home... AR is the way to go.

Not reading the rules, ánd extra rules in case of a Linden Home?... you even have to agree seperate before the house is available... just a handfull of lines... no excuse foranyrything.
Its mostly those people think they'r on mainland, or rules aren't for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AmandaKeen sometimes you're actaully happy you can directly AR them and do not have to take the civilised route... I guess for OP and many readers this was one such case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

I’m on my lunch-break and don’t have time to detail-read the thread as yet; but did anyone take the step of contacting the home-owner directly and asking them to lock-down their security settings? 

If they took the simple step of hiding their personal activity from people not involved in it, this would go a long way towards ending the “broadly offensive” portion of the situation.

The land-encroachment is a different issue, but a lot of new residents have had issues with land and build rules in the past. Now, if this isn’t a New Resident; that excuse goes right out the window ?

giphy.gif

 

Doubtful it seems more likely than the op wanted it stopped altogether as it doesn't fit their version of morality than they merely wanted it out of sight. The same reasoning as caused the persecution of the LGBT crowd through the years. It is not enough that I don't see you do it you should not be doing it in the first place 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

@AmandaKeen sometimes you're actaully happy you can directly AR them and do not have to take the civilised route... I guess for OP and many readers this was one such case.

I do get your point ?

Personally, I like to think that taking the (sometimes uncomfortable) route of treating other people as People pays more karmic dividends.  

Even if the effort fails, you can always say; “I tried to do it the respectful way first”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

I do get your point ?

Personally, I like to think that taking the (sometimes uncomfortable) route of treating other people as People pays more karmic dividends.  

Even if the effort fails, you can always say; “I tried to do it the respectful way first”.

It would be nice to think even if an AR was submitted the lindens would take the view. Make it comply to TOS than outright ban or remove. I don't know if this happened here or if the owner point blank refused to comply with TOS in which case good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one of the most extreme depictions of sadism and torture of females I have seen in almost 12 years in Second Life. Only those who submitted the original Abuse Reports before I posted on the Forums saw the full extent as some of the worst depictions had been replaced by then but no doubt would have made a return at some future time.

There were just too many serious infractions of both Maturity ratings and specific Premium Home sim rules to take any approach other than Abuse Reports. Given what he called himself and the bots, there was no civilised route to take.

To try and equate this to LGBT issues is nonsense and quite honestly, I'm glad my sense of morality left me shocked at seeing these sadistic practices depicted in a home environment. 

Thankfully, all is now well in the region.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

at the first... nah.. with such breach of guidelines, maturity rating, and violating the agreement to use a Linden Home... AR is the way to go.

Not reading the rules, ánd extra rules in case of a Linden Home?... you even have to agree seperate before the house is available... just a handfull of lines... no excuse foranyrything.
Its mostly those people think they'r on mainland, or rules aren't for them.

 

I can understand that AR-bombing people without talking to them is less-awkward......but is it proper just because we can?


?

Edited by AmandaKeen
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this instance yes Amanda, it was proper. There was clearly no intention at all by this resident to use the Premium Home as a home. It was converted and staged solely to depict extreme sadistic tortures of females.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

This was one of the most extreme depictions of sadism and torture of females I have seen in almost 12 years in Second Life. Only those who submitted the original Abuse Reports before I posted on the Forums saw the full extent as some of the worst depictions had been replaced by then but no doubt would have made a return at some future time.

There were just too many serious infractions of both Maturity ratings and specific Premium Home sim rules to take any approach other than Abuse Reports. Given what he called himself and the bots, there was no civilised route to take.

To try and equate this to LGBT issues is nonsense and quite honestly, I'm glad my sense of morality left me shocked at seeing these sadistic practices depicted in a home environment. 

Thankfully, all is now well in the region.

 

What two or more consenting adults do is frankly none of your business. Who died and made you the morality police.

Yes they broke TOS, yes they shouldn't have. However what they wish to do between themselves you have no right to judge other than to ask they don't make you watch. I am sure there are many things you do that others would find morally repulsive just as much. When you set yourself up as the morality police you hand that power too others to. The only issue should be consent. Equating this to the lgbt issues is exactly correct

In the past

Homosexuality is wrong they should be legally prohibited from doing it even though they are both consenting adults

You now

X is wrong they should be prohibited from doing it

 

I see no difference, I do see a hypocrite

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

I can understand that AR-bombing people without talking to them is less-awkward......but is it proper just because we can?

yes it's totally proper to use AR and not talk. I have no business with the neighbours but with LL. If somebody ruins the experience in my neighbourhood, mainland and linden homes,  LL is the one to control, check and act.

It's really sad the support system is overloaded and have to wait for so long, or even have to pull attention here before there's action taken. I think there should be a fast intervention team that gets a warning to have a look when really bothering situations appear.
don't forget the L homes are meant to be a experience to have a home in SL if you have such extreme likings a normal, even moderate, community is NOT the place where you should be.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

yes it's totally proper to use AR and not talk. I have no business with the neighbours but with LL. If somebody ruins the experience in my neighbourhood LL is the one to control, check and act.

It's really sad the support system is overloaded and have to wait for so long, or even have to pull attention here before there's action taken. I think there should be a fast intervention team that gets a warning to have a look when really bothering situations appear.
don't forget the L homes are meant to be a experience to have a home in SL if you have such extreme likings a normal, even moderate, community is NOT the place where you should be.

The support system is overloaded because people don't spend a few minutes trying to resolve the issue with their neighbour with a simple im and instead report it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...