Indecent and grossly offensive behaviour in a Linden Premium Home Moderate sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One point I would like to make here is that anyone who fantasises about such things really does need to see a psychiatrist. And I'm being perfectly serious. Saying that it's just fantasy does not justify anything like that. It's depravity - nothing less.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Horizons is not Linden Homes. It's just another themed area like Bay City or Nautilus City.

You get a free home if you like - free of LI and unlike Linden Homes you can even choose and change it.

Just now, Fionalein said:

OK I break my promise... because you know what? They said that about Ted Bundy as well...

Ted Bundy was mentally ill and a psychopath. Having a sexual fetish makes you a psychopath no more than having depression.

Do most pyschopaths have a sexual fetish  : yes they do

Are most people with a sexual fetish a psychopath : No they arent

Do a large number of humans have an "aberrant sexual fetish" : Yes about 36 to 40 percent according to most research

See you have proved my point equating having a sexual fetish to being a psychopath

• Confused 1

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

One point I would like to make here is that anyone who fantasises about such things really does need to see a psychiatrist. And I'm being perfectly serious. Saying that it's just fantasy does not justify anything like that.

I tend to agree with you, but how is it really any different than the many horror movies that people frequent? I don't like horror movies and I would have ARd that resident the moment I viewed his residence. Mind you I would not AR anyone who does such things behind closed door and in accordance with TOS. But he clearly was not and was obviously doing it for a reaction from the neighbors. So AR it would have been!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

You get a free home if you like - free of LI and unlike Linden Homes you can even choose and change it.

But you have to buy the land. It's not something that you can sign up for like a Linden Home. It's totally different. So what you can rez a sci-fi residence! Have you looked at them? lol

6 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Ted Bundy was mentally ill and a psychopath. Having a sexual fetish makes you a psychopath no more than having depression.

Do most pyschopaths have a sexual fetish  : yes they do

Are most people with a sexual fetish a psychopath : No they arent

Do a large number of humans have an "aberrant sexual fetish" : Yes about 36 to 40 percent according to most research

See you have proved my point equating having a sexual fetish to being a psychopath

Err yes dude, and what about considering "killing people" a sexual fetish just like the rest... that's supposed to be normal? Are you serious?

Edited by Fionalein

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

One point I would like to make here is that anyone who fantasises about such things really does need to see a psychiatrist. And I'm being perfectly serious. Saying that it's just fantasy does not justify anything like that. It's depravity - nothing less.

You consider it depravity, homosexuality was considered a depravity not so long ago and punishable by law as well. Do you think therefore all homosexuals should go to a psychiatrist to get cured?

I don't care what other things were called depravity. It doesn't justify depravity. It just means that sometimes judgements were wrong, that's all. But not in this case.

What you unsuccessfully tried to do was put across the idea that just because something that isn't depraved used to be wrongly thought of as being depraved (if it ever was), everything that's called depraved, thefore, isn't depraved at all. There's a word for it that escapes me, but it's totally illogical thinking.

Anything else?

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't care what other things ere called depravity. It doesn't justify depravity. It just means that sometimes judgements were wrong, that's all. But not in this case.

Anything else?

Precisely.  No society that tolerates roasting people for food can be considered civilised.

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Err yes dude, and what about condidering "killing people" a sexual fetish just like the rest... that's supposed to be normal, are you serious?

1) There is no such thing as normal, not you nor me, nor anyone you meet

2) People with death fetishes from either side killer or being killed are actually more common than you might think. a very small percentage of them ever act out those fantasies in real life

3) RP in a safe space like this can reduce pressure to act on fantasies

So you see it as a bad thing why?

And just to point out for everyone that fantasises about killing there are more people that fantasise about being killed. Here is an article you might find interestin

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-excess/201404/dying-it

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't care what other things were called depravity. It doesn't justify depravity. It just means that sometimes judgements were wrong, that's all. But not in this case.

Anything else?

Ah so what makes you think your judgement is so right. I am sure those people who cast the word depravity at Turing felt exactly the same as you do Phi. Ah but then you must be right after all you are Phil Deakins

I'm not aware that Alan Turing was called depraved. He was shamefully treated by this country though.

But, again, you're trying to equate homosexuality with the things that are the topic of this thread, but you can't, because they are totally different. So you might as well get off that particular track. All it's doing is highlighting that you have no real points.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Precisely.  No society that tolerates roasting people for food can be considered civilised.

So should we arrest all the members of that rugby team who had their plane crash in the Andes and only survived by eating the dead team members for depravity? After all they survived but it wasn't civillised

Or how about all those people who like to tuck into the placenta nicely fried with onions after giving birth

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

3) RP in a safe space like this can reduce pressure to act on fantasies

yeah or help in developing what profilers and psychiatrists call a "maximal fantasy" ...

there are always two sides of your story... 

Just now, KanryDrago said:

So should we arrest all the members of that rugby team who had their plane crash in the Andes and only survived by eating the dead team members for depravity? After all they survived but it wasn't civillised

Or how about all those people who like to tuck into the placenta nicely fried with onions after giving birth

The rugby team belonged to a society that regarded cannibalism as uncivilised.

I presume the placenta eaters did not kill the baby first.

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

I'm not aware that Alan Turing was called depraved. He was shamefully treated by this country though.

But, again, you're trying to equate homosexuality with the things that are the topic of this thread, but you can't, because they are totally different. So you might as well get off that particular track. All it's doing is highlighting that you have no real points.

No it is precisely the point. Then it was homosexuals that were targeted because they had desires outside the so called normal. Now it others being targeted and demonised. Exactly the same disease Phil and you and Fiona are the virus

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

yeah or help in developing what profilers and psychiatrists call a "maximal fantasy" ...

there are always two sides of your story... 

That is a danger yes but most psychologists seem to feel releasing pressure in a space like this does more harm than good

4 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

No it is precisely the point. Then it was homosexuals that were targeted because they had desires outside the so called normal. Now it others being targeted and demonised. Exactly the same disease Phil and you and Fiona are the virus

If this weren't the SL forum, I'd tell you that you're just plain crazy, and not worth disccussing things with. But I can't do that because it's the SL forum. So I'll leave you to your ideas. I don't consider you worth my time for further discussion.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

That is a danger yes but most psychologists seem to feel releasing pressure in a space like this does more harm than good

And that is why we should listen to the proffesionals (psychiatrists treat psychoses) not psychologists (treat neuroses)...

Edited by Fionalein

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

Kanry, You're still missing the point. Would you consider a society civilised that condones cannibalism? 

That would depend on the circumstances Garnet

The world is short of food and we use the bodies of the naturally deceased to make a protein shortfall - yes

We hunt people without their consent for fun and eat them - no

There are scenario's in between some would be yes some would be no

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.