Indecent and grossly offensive behaviour in a Linden Premium Home Moderate sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

The Linden pointed out that the place was in breach of the rules by changing the house, and expanding it to move onto land that the user didn't own. You should have known that.

Yes and no one is arguing the guy wasnt in breach of TOS try and keep up

9 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

The main issue here is that the original home was modified by adding textured prims and extended past the parcel boundaries. 

That's the very next sentence to the one that you quoted. It wasn't difficult to know what the issue was, and it was not the open door.

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

That's the very next sentence to the one that you quoted. It wasn't difficult to know what the issue was, and it was not the open door.

sigh Phil, no where has anyone from any side of the debate claimed the guy was break TOS what is your point?

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

"The issue there and I agree its an issue is he didnt have the doors shut and he should have"

That's what you wrote. It sure sound like you thought the open was the issue.

The open door was a TOS violation and the op's main complaint

The textures and overlapping boundaries was also a TOS violation and the one Kiera Linden mentioned extensively

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, Phil finally found someone that likes to argue as much as he does - and whom also likes to always have the last word.  

Arguments tend to get really boring when all each party cares about is not being wrong and getting in the last word.

waves to littleme long time no chat, and not quite true I don't like to argue and will be glad to stop as soon as Phil admits he is wrong ;)

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

In this instance yes Amanda, it was proper. There was clearly no intention at all by this resident to use the Premium Home as a home. It was converted and staged solely to depict extreme sadistic tortures of females.

so is it the extreme sadistic torture of females that disturbed you or the fact it was being done in a Linden home?

12 hours ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

This was one of the most extreme depictions of sadism and torture of females I have seen in almost 12 years in Second Life.

This is where you went wrong. You're focusing on how disgusting and disturbing you thought content was. That just makes you sound like someone with a personal beef because you object to the content, not whether or not there is an actionable offense. So when they read your AR they immediately chalked it up to someone with a bug up their butt about something they didn't like and everything else became "blah blah blah blah." 

In regard to maturity ratings you should have kept it short and sweet. It is obviously adult content. It's visible from the outside. Done. End of story. The fact is, the only content that isn't acceptable in any circumstance is if it were depicting minors. By focusing on the nature of the content you undermined your argument and took it on an irrelevant tangent. If you want your AR's addressed, don't do that. All they want to know is, "What is the actionable offense here? Give me something and get to the point. I have 300 more of these to read today." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

I don't like to argue and will be glad to stop as soon as Phil admits he is wrong ;)

There's no chance of that happening. Not because I don't admit mistakes when I make them. I do. But because you don't have even any slightly reasonable arguments. For instance, trying to make out that, because homosexuality isn't depraved, neither is sawing people in half and roasting them on a spit. With that sort of reasoning you buried yourself without any any assistance from me or anyone else, so there's no point in wasting any more time arguing the toss with you.

The other reason it won't happen is because I already stopped arguing with you about it last night. All I was doing at the end was responding to one or two completely different bits, such as your 'open door issue'. If you want to continue the main argument, and bury yourself even further, you can do it without me. You've done a very job of it so far, and I have confidence that you will continue to do just as good a job with any more arguments you make.

Edited by Phil Deakins

• Moderators

From a Linden Home violation to a discussion of cannibalism and the humanity of people... I think this thread has run its course. Collect your finisher's medal, thread, for you have run quite the marathon!

And, in the meantime, we'll go ahead and lock this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

• Lindens
On 8/25/2018 at 11:32 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Not almost.  The exact same textures.  They are available at the info hubs.

So ...
Why are the textures available if we cannot add a wall inside the house?
Or are we talking just the exterior?

Hey Rhonda,

I'm just talking about exterior modifications in this instance.  Adding an interior wall with the same textures is perfectly fine, you just cannot add on to the outside of the structure.  ?

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.