SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wonder how long it will take for people to put some ugly flat green prims down to cover the hilltop parcels? We have a few of those prims in my sandy beach neighborhood and it looks so odd. (Note to self: need to derender them.)

That's something. I posted about the moss patches, they have this nice, irregular shape that blend in with things. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Violetility-Mesh-Ground-Covers/9300841

Edited by Marianne Little
added a link
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That's something. I posted about the moss patches, they have this nice, irregular shape that blend in with things. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Violetility-Mesh-Ground-Covers/9300841

I love those moss patches and use them on my beach parcel. They do have a border that shows up in certain windlights, but otherwise they are perfect!

• Like 4

The bit that currently interests me is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE185/131/68/23

It's a region with a ring of road around the edges. No inner roads and nothing in the middle. Before, I'd have assumed they were going to fill it with houses, but they've put in the houses all around it now, with no signs of placing anything in the space. Maybe a pending community area? A really giant waffle house?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

The bit that currently interests me is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE185/131/68/23

It's a region with a ring of road around the edges. No inner roads and nothing in the middle. Before, I'd have assumed they were going to fill it with houses, but they've put in the houses all around it now, with no signs of placing anything in the space. Maybe a pending community area? A really giant waffle house?

CORNFIELD.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wonder how long it will take for people to put some ugly flat green prims down to cover the hilltop parcels? We have a few of those prims in my sandy beach neighborhood and it looks so odd. (Note to self: need to derender them.)

I have seen people say they are going to derender something....but I have no idea how to do that.  Can you please explain?  I use the SL viewer....I am thinking that when I temporarily downloaded & used the Firestorm viewer - I saw the option when I right clicked an object...but in the SL viewer - I don't see that option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

I have seen people say they are going to derender something....but I have no idea how to do that.  Can you please explain?  I use the SL viewer....I am thinking that when I temporarily downloaded & used the Firestorm viewer - I saw the option when I right clicked an object...but in the SL viewer - I don't see that option.

I'm not sure, but I don't think derender is an option in the SL official viewer. I use Firestorm. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think derender is an option in the SL official viewer. I use Firestorm. 

I used the Firestorm viewer for a while - but then I started having these weird lights connected to me....I could not figure out how to stop them - so I quit the viewer.

Just the other day - I saw a guy walking around Bellisseria with those same lights on him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

I used the Firestorm viewer for a while - but then I started having these weird lights connected to me....I could not figure out how to stop them - so I quit the viewer.

Just the other day - I saw a guy walking around Bellisseria with those same lights on him.

I wonder what that was? I don't think I've ever seen it... I wonder if I am wearing them, too? lol

1 hour ago, RacyAcey said:

That shows you that the lights were not Firestorm related, since you saw it in the LL viewer as well. 
My guess is that it was some kind of RLV item which connected to you (and the guy) without your knowledge. Since the LL viewer does not have RLV, the lights could not attach to you and you saw no lights.
That is my theory 🙂

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I wonder what that was? I don't think I've ever seen it... I wonder if I am wearing them, too? lol

This is what it looked like - sometimes the lights were between my legs, seemed to be kind of attached to my left hip.

5.27 - funny lights attached to my hip area_003.png

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

That shows you that the lights were not Firestorm related, since you saw it in the LL viewer as well. 
My guess is that it was some kind of RLV item which connected to you (and the guy) without your knowledge. Since the LL viewer does not have RLV, the lights could not attach to you and you saw no lights.
That is my theory 🙂

perhaps - I never saw them on me when I was in the SL viewer...only Firestorm.....and when I got rid of the Firestorm viewer I never saw them again on me......perhaps it was some kind of coincidence ....perhaps I will give the Firestorm viewer another try.

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have a prim like that and if you stuff all the edges under hedges then it just looks as if you took great care of your garden, got some humus, grass seed, organic fertilizer and water it regularly, I do love to have a green garden.

44 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

This is what it looked like - sometimes the lights were between my legs, seemed to be kind of attached to my left hip.

It almost looks like you have a face light glommed onto your right hip.  The experimental EEP viewers do that sort of thing, but Firestorm isn't in that game yet.

15 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I have a prim like that and if you stuff all the edges under hedges then it just looks as if you took great care of your garden, got some humus, grass seed, organic fertilizer and water it regularly, I do love to have a green garden.

Some people do take care to make such a prim look decent, and some just flop a flat green prim down and call it done. I'm talking about the second kind, that truly looks jarring in a neighborhood of beaches!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

perhaps - I never saw them on me when I was in the SL viewer...only Firestorm.....and when I got rid of the Firestorm viewer I never saw them again on me......perhaps it was some kind of coincidence ....perhaps I will give the Firestorm viewer another try.

I can't quite tell in the pic you pic you posted, it looks like particles but if they were particles you probably would know.
At the same time it looks like colored, glowing, full bright orbs, like a set of poseballs that someone has been playing around with. The blue and pink adds to that.

If you try FS again, and you sew that same thing again, try to call one of us to come and check it out. We may be able to help identify the phenomenon.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, Chic Aeon said:

LOD settings in the viewer

i agree with pretty much everything you have said about object LOD

i just add a thing about Mole built stuff. The LL viewer default LOD is 1.125.  Everything the Moles make and place inworld has to not crumple at this level.  From what I have seen of Mole-built stuff, I think they have met this challenge quite well

i think also that other builders when comparing Mole stuff to their own, might as a build test set themselves the same challenge.  What's the least LI we could use to make our stuff, and have it not crumple at 1.125 ?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

5.27 - funny lights attached to my hip area_003.png

You might have had the "Enable selection beam" on in Firestorm preferences. When it's enabled then the particles will appear when editing objects. The particles emanate from the left hand. To disable the particles, just un-tick that option (I have shown that option with blue arrow in my picture below).

Firestorm_Selection-Beam.jpg.5e57409e542a4aecf041840461e15d4a.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I thought that, too, and enabled the selection beam to see if I could recreate what we see in the photo there. I was not able to make it look the same, so I am still wondering what is going on there!

The particles have various shapes. They are select-able via the "Color_Assortment" drop down tab.
For example the "Circle" looks pretty much the same as in the OP's picture. You must be walking, just like the OP,  to see them properly.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

The particles have various shapes. They are select-able via the "Color_Assortment" drop down tab.
For example the "Circle" looks pretty much the same as in the OP's picture. You must be walking, just like the OP,  to see them properly.

Ah, maybe that's it, I was standing still. But I admit I stood there in my kitchen clicking on things to try out all the various shapes and colors!

• Like 1