SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

As I have stated before MY MAP seems to be last in line for changes. Here is what I see.

I had a look at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP264/54/255 and the text is more clear there.
I can now see that it says "ERMAGERD WÜRFFEL HOOSE".
So I guess it was built by the Swedish Chef :D :D :D 

image.png.bd67ea14e53a9679f4df2859a7dba974.png 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

• Moles
15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps they are using real-world locations for inspiration.

Yes and no... but that is all I'm going to say about that.

What I will say is that we are refining and improving our techniques and practices as we go.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

that is all I'm going to say about that.

/me swoops into the thread and sees Abnor.  Oh!

*offers a cookie, whispers 'Swamp!' into his ear, and sashays out, dropping a wink over her shoulder*

Needs me a bayou cabin, fan boat, and gumbo.  Oh, and Nadine's big 'ol Live Oak.   Yaas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

...I think we can all agree that Bellisseria is looking more lovely every day.

I totally agree. The new regions that have been released over the past couple of weeks seem even nicer than the ones before. With all the little variations in the landscaping in each region it's beautiful. Hats off to the Moles!!:) I'm so looking forward to the future themes, to see what they come up with.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I had a look at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP264/54/255 and the text is more clear there.
I can now see that it says "ERMAGERD WÜRFFEL HOOSE".
So I guess it was built by the Swedish Chef :D :D :D 

image.png.bd67ea14e53a9679f4df2859a7dba974.png 

There is the face of a grinning frog (or at least eyes and grinning lips) in the middle of it so I guess it is a mole having fun with the watching crowd. The whole thing MAY be a texture on a sort of plattform that covers what they are REALLY doing underneath! ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Has anyone noticed this one yet?

It disappears when you zoom in, so it may accidentally be showing on the map.

The text seems to say "Würffel House", which would be a play on "Waffle House", and "Würfel" is german for "cube".

As for the structure itself, I am guessing that it's the diner which is the current premium gift. But what if it isn't?

So it's a gambling den? Würfel actually means dice - a cube would be a Kubus. The word Würfel is just used as synonyme for cubes in common speech because most dice are ... well cubes.

Würffel with 2 f however must clearly be a name as that spelling variant isn't legit otherwise.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Würffel with 2 f however must clearly be a name as that spelling variant isn't legit otherwise.

I think it's just play on Waffle House.

Image result for waffle house

Just in case you (or someone else) don't know, Waffle House is a chain of restaurants where you can get breakfast 24/7

And if you already knew, I'm sure there's someone that doesn't 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I think it's just play on Waffle House.

Image result for waffle house

Just in case you (or someone else) don't know, Waffle House is a chain of restaurants where you can get breakfast 24/7

And if you already knew, I'm sure there's someone that doesn't 🙂

Waffle House is used as a measure of natural disasters: how many remain open, how busy they are, following hurricanes and such.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I honestly think the Moles and Lindens love doing things like this purely for the speculation it generates. They probably have a good chuckle back and forth reading out the comments, or scratch their heads and wonder what any of us were thinking. Good for a laugh. I don't ever expect anything is as it appears until its revealed. #trustnoone

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

There is the face of a grinning frog (or at least eyes and grinning lips) in the middle of it so I guess it is a mole having fun with the watching crowd. The whole thing MAY be a texture on a sort of plattform that covers what they are REALLY doing underneath! ;)

If it's not actually a waffle house there are going to be a lot of disappointed tinies.

• Haha 8

Okay so maybe it's been mentioned before and I think I am going cross-eyed reading through the various topics here trying to find the relevant information. So please forgive me if the answer is there and I just overlooked it. But does anyone know or have some convincing theories (since speculation has become a sport) as to what the coloured mega-prims above each region mean; the ones being worked on? 

Snapshot_018.thumb.png.c6ae825b75fccc5ef3175f88f49930db.png

I theorize it's likely to do with QC or stages of completion perhaps, but since I'm an expert of little, I thought I'd actually ask others who might know.

I was just camming around as I've never really bothered before to such an extent, generally just relying on pictures here for updates. Now I see these squares (and have seen them on other pictures of course) inquiring minds would like to know... or at least have some idea... or a good guess that gets the old grey matter ticking over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Teager said:

Next week's regions have been named!

What makes Penitent Beach so Penitent? Maybe it needs a hug.

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's where they'll build the penitentiary.

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

So it's a gambling den? Würfel actually means dice - a cube would be a Kubus. The word Würfel is just used as synonyme for cubes in common speech because most dice are ... well cubes.

Maybe it's a Halfway House for penitent f5 refresh gamblers?  (Halfway House as in a special place for them to reside when they have been released from prison under supervision before they are set free into the community) ...and also perhaps @Love Zhaoying 's Waffle House test facility for aftershock trials due to extensive terraforming aftershocks?  Those Clever Moles would probably create a Multi-Purpose Centre!  

Image result for Funny Mole

Show Win GIF by SBS6

👆  Waffler!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Had a thought about the Würffel Hoose -- It could easily be Patch's "large community area" for the trailers. We have the Pickle Shack or whatever for the boats -- and I will pick the swimming pools (I think there are  four maybe?) as the icon community area for the tradtionals. I was thinking "lake" when he made that comment and this is pretty lake-like (though not as I imagined it). And it looks like docks going in -- so rez areas for boats.

Not sure about the big prim floating over the hills. Looks mostly like it is hiding something down below in the mountain area :D. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Had a thought about the Würffel Hoose -- It could easily be Patch's "large community area" for the trailers. We have the Pickle Shack or whatever for the boats -- and I will pick the swimming pools (I think there are  four maybe?) as the icon community area for the tradtionals. I was thinking "lake" when he made that comment and this is pretty lake-like (though not as I imagined it). And it looks like docks going in -- so rez areas for boats.

Not sure about the big prim floating over the hills. Looks mostly like it is hiding something down below in the mountain area :D. 

It's Area 51 and the aliens are hiding underground. They don't want us to see it. Or maybe it's Stargate command there.    😂😂😂

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Haha 8