SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Early morn for me, I have been out exploring some of the in progress areas. Open in the wee hours, a few still give a "sending you to a teleport hub" message which happily isn't accurate :D.   There are some gorgeous regions being made and a look at the map tells the story. Lots more water, winding paths, larger parks an interesting entryways.  

Posting a map screenshot for historical purposes. I so love how clean the Bellissera map is, you can actually get a feel for the regions. 

image.thumb.png.162c5d282fa5ac74da62d2926746f8ce.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 8

I hope that the folks who want the moles to just copy and paste regions will take a careful look at these new regions and see why they will be worth the wait. These individually designed neighborhoods just keep getting more and more beautiful. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Lots more water, winding paths, larger parks an interesting entryways. 

Gorgeous landscaping in this area. New plants as well? Unless I missed these hydrangeas elsewhere.

I found this path in SSPE137. At first wondering if it was a cycle-way, but maybe too many steps for that.

Tolkien_004.png

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Gorgeous landscaping in this area. New plants as well? Unless I missed these hydrangeas elsewhere.

I found this path in SSPE137. At first wondering if it was a cycle-way, but maybe too many steps for that.

Tolkien_004.png

Oh, wow! Is this these "boring flat regions"? That view is like a dream.:x

Edit; I have seen hydrangeas before. .

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Stop posting or I abandon my current home!! 😡

(No, post more)

As I was snapping, I thought "it's a good thing Baphy & I just ❤️ our respective houses... or I'd be F5ing my life away trying to get here 😛 "  Some very lucky new Bellisserians are coming right up.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 2

Yes, no matter what else is going on these days (and likely in the future LOL) I think we can all agree that Bellisseria is looking more lovely every day. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
faulty grammar
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pretty amazing, given all the disagreements.

Because inspired creation trumps even a brawl for engaging people's interest... (not that all disagreements are a brawl, healthy disagreement is a necessary part of building things together). The aftermath of making art is often joy, the aftermath of acrimony and drama... well, not as nice.  I still think, social media platform algorithms be darned: people will only watch a trash fire for so long, even one they helped start. Find ways to collaborate & bring more beauty into the world ;)

• Like 8

A lot of the landscaping plants are really nice.  On the one hand, I hope the Moles eventually give out packs of some of them, because the more re-use there is of the same elements, the less texture lag in the region.  I'd totally be happy to make my yard (should I ever have one lol) sort of an extension of the ambient landscaping.

OTOH, some of these plants are very like those I've bought *eyes rocks and those hydrangeas*, and I imagine shop owners might not be totally thrilled to be getting "competition" for bits of their product lines from the Moles.  Le sigh. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

A lot of the landscaping plants are really nice.  On the one hand, I hope the Moles eventually give out packs of some of them, because the more re-use there is of the same elements, the less texture lag in the region.  I'd totally be happy to make my yard (should I ever have one lol) sort of an extension of the ambient landscaping.

OTOH, some of these plants are very like those I've bought *eyes rocks and those hydrangeas*, and I imagine shop owners might not be totally thrilled to be getting "competition" for bits of their product lines from the Moles.  Le sigh. 

After examining many of the trees and such, given the LI, I'd opt for searching out things from other creators that are similar.  The LI is also why many of us want the textures used for the hedges, fences, and brick walls, rather than us using the actual objects that are in our home packs.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

After examining many of the trees and such, given the LI, I'd opt for searching out things from other creators that are similar.  The LI is also why many of us want the textures used for the hedges, fences, and brick walls, rather than us using the actual objects that are in our home packs.

While I don't disagree with LitleMe's statement on LI :D == I did want to explain WHY the land impact is "more than the current norm for plants".   

I still have some issues with the LI of houses, but not so much for the plants.  Here's the deal for folks that don't know. 

When you upload a mesh you have choices to make about what folks will see at different distances. And what they see, in part depends on their LOD settings in the viewer. For most Firestorm people the default is 2 and that is where I have kept mine for a few years now. Some people have their LOD set at 4 (or even higher OMG) which makes the viewer render everything at full resolution (simplistically speaking).   The Linden viewer default is 1.25 and sometimes 1, so it is IMPORTANT that the builds for Bellisseria work for EVERYONE.  And I am pretty sure that is part of the criteria for all the Mole made items.  

There was a long thread on LODs a couple of years ago mostly pointing at trees that "fell apart" if you were not REALLY close or set at LOD4. They are lovely trees and the li is much lower than the Mole trees BUT they looked REALLY BAD to anyone using LOD2 or less.    If you look at my screenshot you can see that the triangle count is very reasonable for something so complex. And notice how the trees WAY far away are still looking just like trees -- without parts missing?  That is because of the settings (and likely custom LODs) that were used when uploading.   So yes, this is a 3 li rhodie bush, BUT it can be seen well by everyone --- and that is an important point.

Sometimes I wander around Bellisseria and see some really poorly made items -- pretty but they completely break up (some at one of my neighbor's houses that I derendered so that I didn't have to look at the broken triangles).   This breaks the IMMERSION (a term talked about ALL the time in Sansar for VR :D).  It is jarring to see furniture on a porch that doesn't really look like furniture -- and the same with bushes and trees.   So, while there ARE some plant folks that make good, low LI plants with good LODS, if you are using LOD4 as your default I suggest testing at LOD2 at least before buying something that will be seen by lots of folks.   It's just being a good neighbor.  

Inside your abode? Doesn't matter near as much.

It isn't letting me paste in my screenshot so going to try and post and then  edit it in.  Fingers crossed. 

130667540_plantsLODs.thumb.jpg.70431eb0199e11375b31242ddc8d793e.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

last night i went for an explore. Seems to me that the later region builds are getting even better than the earlier regions in terms of landscaping.  Go Moles!

i did have a look at SSPE168 as well.  Whoever gets them houses will need to wear gumboots, as the ground is going to get quite muddy when it rains :😸

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Maybe it's responsible for horrors we can only imagine.

Or maybe it is a new incarnation of the cornfield - where penitent avatars get their homes moved to after negatively affecting the community? =^.^=

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

South of SSPE185 has now opened up with new regions. Yay.

New houseboats have been added east of the Pinrane Waves.

More progress being made this week.

I actually discovered that just before I noticed your post.

This makes me quite happy, because the now that they added in the regions with the canal means that my travel times by boat to the fairgrounds are dramatically shortened! 🙂

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed this one yet?

It disappears when you zoom in, so it may accidentally be showing on the map.

The text seems to say "Würffel House", which would be a play on "Waffle House", and "Würfel" is german for "cube".

As for the structure itself, I am guessing that it's the diner which is the current premium gift. But what if it isn't?

image.png.5b355ee06506f5b14a0aac277ae90c81.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Has anyone noticed this one yet?

It disappears when you zoom in, so it may accidentally be showing on the map.

The text seems to say "Würffel House", which would be a play on "Waffle House", and "Würfel" is german for "cube".

As for the structure itself, I am guessing that it's the diner which is the current premium gift. But what if it isn't?

image.png.5b355ee06506f5b14a0aac277ae90c81.png

As I have stated before MY MAP seems to be last in line for changes. Here is what I see.  

That being said, I don't think it is the diner. LOOK AT THE SCALE compared to the house boat plots.  That more than fills a 1024 lot. Of course it could just be a joke by the Moles. There is that possibility.

image.png.ace73765cceccadb0d5c216be0a08c2b.png

QUICK EDIT: Maybe that is the new "halfway house" that I was talking about on another thread *wink*. Interesting that it is so far south. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Haha 2