SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I do wonder how the Moles are going to make this issue work.
jgyXx63.jpg

Most likely they will just terraform the land on the border, and close to the border, in the region where the trailer parcels will be. Should be fairly easy thing to do. After that they can put the actual trailer parcels and trailers on the region. Naturally this is just speculation. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

You can not walk across the bottom of the Berknear Bay and area.

Yes you can! At least you could when I was there. All the new regions are accessible.

The ones that were put in today are:

• SSPE230
  • SSPE231
  • SSPE232
  • SSPE233
  • SSPE234
  • SSPE235
  • SSPE246
  • SSPE247
  • SSPE248
  • SSPE249
  • SSPE250
  • SSPE251
  • SSPE265
  • SSPE266

Suspiciously absent is SSPE264, which is where the "Würffel Hoose" is supposed to be.

Also notable is that a community area is planned to be build at SSPE231 at the mouth of the new river.

image.thumb.png.b0da40d5abd3f369e229db84c70fb969.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Most likely they will just terraform the land on the border, and close to the border, in the region where the trailer parcels will be. Should be fairly easy thing to do. After that they can put the actual trailer parcels and trailers on the region. Naturally this is just speculation. ;)

They will have to, but they can no longer touch the terrain in SSPE247 because that one has been "locked", as in that no changes are allowed to be made to that region. So it will have to be done on SSPE230 and I like the way that the terrain in that region looks at the moment... 

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I do wonder how the Moles are going to make this issue work. That raised border exists on the North side and on the East side of the region. There are no adjoining regions south or west, but when there are, they too will probably have raised borders.
Correction, to the south will be another copied and pasted region, that will fit like a glove, but that region too will see the same issue.

jgyXx63.jpg

Doesn't really answer the question (considering connectivity between regions) but it reminded me of this;

124876354_roadend.thumb.png.31efc02459f50f0a9a2e11b966f9eedf.png

(The road to nowhere at Rabelais: 207, 106, 22 - maybe good for driveways?)

• Like 2

It's been 8PM already, and I have spotted Kona Linden and Naughty Mole being at work (if they didn't fall asleep at the keyboard).
It sure looks as if they are frantically catching up on a lot of work because weren't the moles and Lindens supposed to stop working at 5 or so?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Doesn't really answer the question (considering connectivity between regions) but it reminded me of this;

124876354_roadend.thumb.png.31efc02459f50f0a9a2e11b966f9eedf.png

(The road to nowhere at Rabelais: 207, 106, 22 - maybe good for driveways?)

That's to make it easier to get your mountain climbing gear to the base of the mountain, rather than having to carry it up that steep hill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's to make it easier to get your mountain climbing gear to the base of the mountain, rather than having to carry it up that steep hill.

Some entrepreneurial soul (whomever gets one of those places) should set up a stall in their backyard there on the roadside; one "selling" hiking equipment (though not actually selling, just giving the appearance of a stall), and on the other side of the road have parking spaces and a merchandise faux-stall. Imagine tee shirts on display "I survived Rabelais!" Add that to the Bellisseria tour! *taps temple*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I do wonder how the Moles are going to make this issue work. That raised border exists on the North side and on the East side of the region. There are no adjoining regions south or west, but when there are, they too will probably have raised borders.
Correction, to the south will be another copied and pasted region, that will fit like a glove, but that region too will see the same issue.

jgyXx63.jpg

Sadly that is result of cookie cutting, which, the LDPW has been so against and proud to say they don't do it. We can see these regions and others on the SSP that are waiting for their turn, are clearly copy pasted finished regions.

In one side I dont like this since hurts the whole idea of making all-original areas on the continent, but at the same time i can respect is not really done in an abusive way. Couple sims every now and then is not the same as copy pasting an entire map or chunk of a map, and it does helps speeding things up a bit, which is clearly the priority at this time.

5 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

They will have to, but they can no longer touch the terrain in SSPE247 because that one has been "locked", as in that no changes are allowed to be made to that region. So it will have to be done on SSPE230 and I like the way that the terrain in that region looks at the moment... 

Some changes have happened (observed 23 July 2019 at 0:53 am).

• SSPE247 region where the traditional houses were is empty - no houses, no roads, no trees. Just plain land left there.
• In SSPE230 region the yellow trailer parcel markers and the green boxes marking the path have been removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Some changes have happened (observed 23 July 2019 at 0:53 am).

• SSPE247 region where the traditional houses were is empty - no houses, no roads, no trees. Just plain land left there.
• In SSPE230 region the yellow trailer parcel markers and the green boxes marking the path have been removed.

Well, sonnofamother, they ARE putting in a crapload of overtime!
I half-and-half knew it when I saw Naughty Mole and Kona Linden still hanging around the new regions after 8pm but I did not expect anyone to actually be at work at this time of night (1:46 AM SLT) !!!

EDIT: I just checked it out and it is so weird to see that they apparently are rethinking those regions. But better to have that happen now than when they are almost done with the regions.

Before:
image.png.3f1e49515e3900945faa7659f50a9d3a.png

After:
image.thumb.png.f67f9dc841892ab08fa385536a8121f8.png

• Like 3

Moles are nocturnal!

Also, I really doubt that the raised border terraforming is the location's final form. They literally just dropped it there yesterday. 

Give 'em a minute or two to make some adjustments and work their Mole magic before lobbing the cookie-cutter allegations!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Well, sonnofamother, they ARE putting in a crapload of overtime!
I half-and-half knew it when I saw Naughty Mole and Kona Linden still hanging around the new regions after 8pm but I did not expect anyone to actually be at work at this time of night (1:46 AM SLT) !!!

Moles live all around the globe and some may find it easier to do their share of the work in THEIR business hours instead of LL's ;)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Moles are nocturnal!

Also, I really doubt that the raised border terraforming is the location's final form. They literally just dropped it there yesterday. 

Give 'em a minute or two to make some adjustments and work their Mole magic before lobbing the cookie-cutter allegations!

To be fair they already cookie-cut two regions (SSPE217 & SSPE233 being same as "Princess Caroline" & "Templeby" regions).

Edited by Seba Serpente
  • Confused 1

• Moles

As a general remark on terminology,  when we talk about not wanting to "copy paste regions" that means we don't want to try to cut corners by omitting the terraforming and decorating phase and cloning several instances of the same original region or groups of region.    That is, each region on Bellissaria is unique, having been terraformed, parcelled and landscaped individually.

That's a completely distinct concept from developing a region in private on SSPnnn and then cloning it over to Bellissaria when it's ready to go live (as we did with the original release and the Squishy Pickle regions).  

As it happens, since people been wondering about it, 217 and 233 are clones of existing regions we are doing as an experiment to see if cloning an existing region and modifying it to fit saves any time. Some of the problems people have noted with those regions go to show why it doesn't, and why trying to speed things up by cloning existing regions doesn't work well in the end

That's all we're going to say about it.   The regions are not yet complete so any other assumptions at this point are no more than mere conjecture and speculation.  

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 17

34 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

The regions are not yet complete so any other assumptions at this point are no more than mere conjecture and speculation.

But speculation is part of the fun of watching the developments!

Of course, if I have made some unfair statements then I hereby offer my sincere apologies. It is not my intention to be "that kind of user".

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Seba Serpente said:

Sadly that is result of cookie cutting, which, the LDPW has been so against and proud to say they don't do it. We can see these regions and others on the SSP that are waiting for their turn, are clearly copy pasted finished regions.

To be fair they already cookie-cut two regions (SSPE217 & SSPE233 being same as "Princess Caroline" & "Templeby" regions).

A large number of those waiting keep SCREAMING that LL should go ahead and clone some stuff and that if the cloned areas are far enough apart, nobody will notice.  Given that, I can fully understand the Moles experimenting with that process.

Further proof that they really are considering the ideas that people throw out there - not just immediately discounting everything - even if the ideas end up being not workable.

As a side note - many of us might have noticed the cloned regions and then asked questions here in the forums, rather than just making assumptions and commenting negatively without even requesting any sort of clarification. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As a side note - many of us might have noticed the cloned regions and then asked questions here in the forums, rather than just making assumptions and commenting negatively without even requesting any sort of clarification. 

Oh, Lil, that's just crazy talk.  :SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4