Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

[14:54] [redacted]: Hi, you are beautifull, i would like to meet you.  I have 1 500 000L$ so i can give you for example 50 000 L$ for "wasted" time, send me friendship :)

dean-what-gif.gif.0b9d2b371c65265991f007ace26e3a74.gif

Just because your display name says Dean Winchester, it doesn't mean you are Dean Winchester. 9_9

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

[14:54] [redacted]: Hi, you are beautifull, i would like to meet you.  I have 1 500 000L$ so i can give you for example 50 000 L$ for "wasted" time, send me friendship :)

dean-what-gif.gif.0b9d2b371c65265991f007ace26e3a74.gif

Just because your display name says Dean Winchester, it doesn't mean you are Dean Winchester. 9_9

Did you offer him pie to verify his identity? I miss the old Bobby.

• Haha 1

[Someone]: Hey, how r u?
[Me]: Hello, I'm fine.
[Someone]: Ah okay.
[Me]: Can I help you with anything?
- Silence after that -
>.>

[Someone]: Hey. Hey! Hey, listen! Hey. Heeey. I see you online. Hey! Heeeey. Hey. Don't be shy, talk with me! Hey! Hey! Heeey. Are you there?!? HEY. HEY I WANT TO TALK WITH YOU. Hey! HEeeEEEeeEEEeEEeey!

These, besides the usual "hey, wanna f!#$" and "do you have L$ 10?", are the most annoying for me and happen at least 2 times per month. Bonus points for sniping me with them right after I log in and still rezzing.

6 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

These, besides the usual "hey, wanna f!#$" and "do you have L$ 10?", 

Those are fine, at least you know what the person wanted and aren't having a random stranger walk up, pass you a conversation, and expect you to carry it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok, so this isn't actually about pickup lines -- in fact, in some ways it's quite the opposite -- but it's an odd thing that has happened to me twice this week with two different male friends.

So, I have a reasonable number of men friends in SL, and they are, literally, just friends (although one of them is an ex), because I'm busy being very celibate and virtuous in SL these days. And I've met with two of them, both married in RL (this is relevant) on two separate occasions, and different places (they don't know each other) this week, and on each occasion, they have suddenly "disappeared" in the middle of a conversation for, like, 20 minutes. Not logged off . . . just fallen silent in the middle of talking for a pretty lengthy period.

And when both of them reappeared, and picked up the discussion again, they apologized for disappearing because they'd had to quickly "hide" the viewer interface on their screens behind some other program, because their wives had just walked into the room, and they didn't want to be caught talking to a woman in SL.

And to be clear, I wasn't even dancing with either of them. The subject of our conversations was completely inoffensive and non-sexual, and everyone was fully dressed, and in a non-sexual environment. And, again, this has happened twice in a week.

So, is this a thing that happens a lot? I've always had male friends in SL, and I don't ever recall being "hidden" because it would be potentially "compromising" to be seen just talking to me.

Apart from finding this a bit hilarious, and feeling a bit empowered because I've apparently suddenly become the "dangerous other woman" without doing a damn thing to earn my new position as femme fatale, I had what is, I suppose, a kind of odd response, at least the first time it happened.

I suggested to my friend, the next time this happened, and his wife saw me on the screen, that he sit her down at the computer and let me talk to her, through his avi, to dispel any concerns she might have about my relationship with her husband.

I don't know. Good idea? Bad idea? It may be a little irrational of me, but there's a part of me that thinks that I can communicate with their wives, as a woman, better, or at least more credibly, than they can.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Apart from finding this a bit hilarious, and feeling a bit empowered because I've apparently suddenly become the "dangerous other woman" without doing a damn thing to earn my new position as femme fatale, I had what is, I suppose, a kind of odd response, at least the first time it happened.

Well you have quite the reputation you know!?

But seriously, they probably have a wife that is very prejudiced about SL in general, or maybe very jealous. Maybe even the guy friends have been caught before by their wife f-ing around in SL before and got a bit of a fight over it . They just don't want to have to explain themselves for any possible reason.

LL should build in one of those "boss keys" old games used to have! Press a short key in game and it pauses (sets AFK) and pops up a spreadsheat :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, janetosilio said:

[redacted] your so beautiful

*five minutes later in the conversation *

[redacted] your soooo beautiful

*two minutes later*

[redacted] your sooooo beautiful

[redacted is typing]

me: STAPH!!!!!!

WELL... what if you are? 

😎

And it does get old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Well you have quite the reputation you know!?

Yeah, that's me, the Jezebel of the Grid!

7 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

But seriously, they probably have a wife that is very prejudiced about SL in general, or maybe very jealous. Maybe even the guy friends have been caught before by their wife f-ing around in SL before and got a bit of a fight over it . They just don't want to have to explain themselves for any possible reason.

Why not just let their wives see the transcript of our chat on screen? Other than that they would probably fall asleep reading it . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, is this a thing that happens a lot? I've always had male friends in SL, and I don't ever recall being "hidden" because it would be potentially "compromising" to be seen just talking to me.

My guess is that either they don't want their wives knowing they're on SL at all, or not all of their encounters in SL are this chaste and their wives are not happy about it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why not just let their wives see the transcript of our chat on screen? Other than that they would probably fall asleep reading it . . .

Because probably the wife will not say anything, or ask about it, so they don't "have" to explain. But they will get the eye!

I don't know. To be honest, when I get rl visit, I also close SL no matter whats on screen, because I don't feel the need to have to explain what it is or what its about. My SL is for me alone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Because you probably aren't the only woman in their SL lives and they are not just friends. The wife probably either doesn't know they mess around or does and the guys are trying to hide it.

Been there, done that. He knows what will happen if I ever catch him doing that again.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

These are very rational answers, and I'm sure you're probably all right. Although, I still would have thought that, if you are "under suspicion," and not actually doing anything to deserve it, a better way to allay those suspicions rather than potentially reinforce them would be to just show that you aren't up to anything,

Or, let me chat with your wife. Which would be enormously amusing.

On balance, though, I've decided that, if I get to choose, I'm going to go with Zeta's original (and mostly hilarious inapt) response, that my "reputation precedes" me, and I am a Scarlet Woman whose very name makes other women blanch with terror.

Lock up your men, ladies! Guess who just TPed in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

These are very rational answers, and I'm sure you're probably all right. Although, I still would have thought that, if you are "under suspicion," and not actually doing anything to deserve it, a better way to allay those suspicions rather than potentially reinforce them would be to just show that you aren't up to anything,

Maybe whilte chatting with you, they had 10 other IM chat windows open with all their mistresses :)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.