Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

50 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Ikr!? Oh wait, no, now I did it. 😜

The weird thing is that I can actually type "I know, right" faster than IKR. I have to think about what I'm doing when I'm not typing actual words.

But I do sometimes use textspeak  deliberately for tone and effect. Two of my favourite textisms -- they're not really short forms I guess -- are "kthxbye" and "lolwut." Barbaric and rather adorable, all at the same time!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Ikr!? Oh wait, no, now I did it. 😜

It's embarrassing how long it was before I finally looked up IKR and SMH.  I could sort of tell from context what the person was trying to convey but never liked to admit that I hadn't a clue.

I sort of made up my own meanings, IKR was I kan relate and SMH was so much heck. But I kinda knew that wasn't right

Edited by kali Wylder
ETA what I thought they meant
  • Haha 3

On 6/13/2018 at 11:50 AM, Talligurl said:

Something more than that? Oh you want to be a customer and buy my art, I will send you a TP to the gallery so you can pick out what you want to buy.

How odd that I did meet a "more than friend" in just that way.  Her profile sent me to the gallery.  I bought one of the pieces I just could not live without and walked away wanting to know a lot more about the person who had made that art.  Stir, let simmer for a few months, and presto.  Of course, it helps a lot that my interest in her art was (and is) very genuine... as is my interest in her as an artist.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

One person saw my name in Genus group and asked about anything new for catwa at makeup store (where i work).And then i saw her at store, later she told me that she see  me.

[05:28] friendly stalker: Hello again, I recently saw your messages about genus head. anything for Catwa? smiles

[05:29] me: hello.in genus group i talked about classic avatar skins on mesh heads.) if you ask about Booty s beauty any new reelase, we are still have no updates))

[05:29] ] friendly stalker: Im there now and thanks for answer, well Im catwa user

[05:29] ] friendly stalker   : I thought it was kinda promo and I asked. I think you work in here

[05:30]  ] friendly stalker  : I can see you now standing

[05:30] me: how you can see me?

[05:31]  ] friendly stalker   : sends gyazo pic of naked me.

[05:31]  ] friendly stalker  : you dont want others see you?

[05:31] ] friendly stalker   : its about camera preferences

[05:32] me: i m at my home, and no one zoomed into me before  

[05:32  ] friendly stalker   : smiles and I just did that one time, Ill not disturb you

[05:32]   ] friendly stalker  : I saw your name here

[05:33] me : you don t had any rights to make pic of naked me

[05:33   ] friendly stalker   : sure

[05:33]   ] friendly stalker   : I dont need anybodys pic

she says it s sl cam settings.but can t explain which ones. so in my view it s not good, but person in the end  said that maybe i m in the bad mood and she done friendly thing..But i can t be happy when person gyazo me naked,grrrr!

Edited by Panteleeva

3 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

she says it s sl cam settings.but can t explain which ones. so in my view it s not good, but person in the end  said that maybe i m in the bad mood and she done friendly thing..But i can t be happy when person gyazo me naked,grrrr!

This is definitely not a friendly act.  We had a griefer recently at Caledon Oxbridge University who was running around taking naked pictures of avatars and sending them to those avatars, and to staff members, trying to get them upset and/or in trouble.

On your own land, you can protect yourself against people camming in from outside your parcel to see you.  In About Land, Options tab, uncheck the box that says "Avatars outside this parcel can see/hear avatars inside the parcel".

I'm not sure how these people are going about stripping our clothes off (on their viewer; we appear normal elsewhere).  I've been experimenting with Rendering Types, and trying to find some sort of HUD on the Marketplace that will do this, but haven't yet come up with anything that really looks like the answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This is definitely not a friendly act.  We had a griefer recently at Caledon Oxbridge University who was running around taking naked pictures of avatars and sending them to those avatars, and to staff members, trying to get them upset and/or in trouble.

On your own land, you can protect yourself against people camming in from outside your parcel to see you.  In About Land, Options tab, uncheck the box that says "Avatars outside this parcel can see/hear avatars inside the parcel".

I'm not sure how these people are going about stripping our clothes off (on their viewer; we appear normal elsewhere).  I've been experimenting with Rendering Types, and trying to find some sort of HUD on the Marketplace that will do this, but haven't yet come up with anything that really looks like the answer.

The last time it happends,when one guy zoomed into me and tried to say what I should wear,lol.told my boss and this guy was banned from land(I don't own land ,just have my own home spot with rez rights). In fact I can only ban from group,but left it for my sl boss in case of this 'friendly stalker'. Hope everything will be fixed.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Individual attachments can be derendered. Decent way to counter that is wearing BoM underwear, which can't be.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm not sure how these people are going about stripping our clothes off (on their viewer; we appear normal elsewhere).

In FS you can derender mesh clothing. They are attachments, after all. It's why I always use either the underwear applier that comes with the Lara body or I alpha certain body parts out. Sometimes it's just easier to alpha out most of the body, if not all, depending on what you are wearing.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Individual attachments can be derendered. Decent way to counter that is wearing BoM underwear, which can't be.

So, I've wondered about this. You can derender someone's attachments? Presumably by right clicking on them? Isn't it in some way obvious that you are doing so?

I've never tested it myself because . . . meh. Why would I? But I'm curious now.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I've wondered about this. You can derender someone's attachments? Presumably by right clicking on them? Isn't it in some way obvious that you are doing so?

I've never tested it myself because . . . meh. Why would I? But I'm curious now.

It is useful for attachments that are enormous, annoying or just plain griefy. Useful, but SL being SL, most seem to use it to remove your clothes instead.

Nobody but the user knows it's done since it's all client-side, like blocking someone.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

It is useful for attachments that are enormous, annoying or just plain griefy. Useful, but SL being SL, most seem to use it to remove your clothes instead.

Nobody but the user knows it's done since it's all client-side, like blocking someo

Well, that's mildly disturbing I suppose. Like upskirt shots or a hidden webcam in the women's washroom. 

I can't imagine you'd see much though. Most of the "interesting" bits are likely at least partially alphaed out, or hidden beneath applier clothing.

People are very weird.

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's mildly disturbing I suppose. Like upskirt shots or a hidden webcam in the women's washroom. 

I can't imagine you'd see much though. Most of the "interesting" bits are likely at least partially alphaed out, or hidden beneath applier clothing.

People are very weird.

I suspect it's less about the the view itself (plenty of places to see naked people in SL), and more about non-consensual voyeurism. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No no no, Belinda!

You are supposed to say,

"The bidding is currently at $L1550.  Do I hear 1600?  1600 Lindens for the time of your life!  1600, give me 1600..."

Well..........one guy did offer five grand. He's the only one though.

Still not enough......😛

Not sure if any amount is enough......it's just not my thing. 😊

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No no no, Belinda!

You are supposed to say,

"The bidding is currently at $L51,550.  Do I hear 51,600?  51,600 Lindens for the time of your life!  51,600, give me 51,600..."

I fixed your statement for you for accuracy. Just sayin'.

45 minutes ago, Eric Castanea said:

This thread pretty much sums up why I never say hello or try to start a conversation.

🙂

Then it speaks volumes about your conversation-starter techniques and subject matter, doesn't it?

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.