Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The way I heard it, they will only show items that are MORE expensive than your $L balance.  They want people to buy moar $Lz.

But . . . but . . .

So, anyone with L$15,000 in their account ends up with empty searches! Brilliance.

5 minutes ago, Windywinters said:

So I will not see my inventory?

No, this is just about searching for things to buy on the Market Place: it wouldn't impact on anything in-world at all.

Lindal is presumably joking, because this would be the stupidest move ever. The theory is that you are encouraged to buy more Lindens because everything you see on search would cost more than you currently have in your account. The practice would be that, the more money you actually had to spend, the fewer things you'd be able to find to spend it on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But . . . but . . .

So, anyone with L$15,000 in their account ends up with empty searches! Brilliance.

4 hours ago, Windywinters said:

So I will not see my inventory?

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, this is just about searching for things to buy on the Market Place: it wouldn't impact on anything in-world at all.

Lindal is presumably joking, because this would be the stupidest move ever. The theory is that you are encouraged to buy more Lindens because everything you see on search would cost more than you currently have in your account. The practice would be that, the more money you actually had to spend, the fewer things you'd be able to find to spend it on.

it was a joke based on the girl that was trying to get her friend to buy her something and saying how she only had this amount of money and @Lindal Kidd reversed what I said, also joking 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Which just wiped out all content creators so there isn't going to be any thing to buy anyway since no one can afford the exorbitant upload fee hike that will inevitably follow.

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes, yes, I was JOKING!  So was Sasy.

See?  We're smiling!

😄😄

Yeah, right.

14 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You ain't gettin off the hook that easy, Missy. 2125147983_shakefist.gif.b1acb05abe65ac2c3ce02f47b054f8e7.gif

THIS!

11 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

@Lindal Kidd I felt like I broke a cog in the internet, who knew we had such power to make such change :P  

Because no matter what you write and how you write it, *I* will inject my own emotions into it and take it very personally and HOW DARE YOU!!!

/me flags your post because PERSONAL ATTACK, nao U get ban-hammarrr! !!11!!ONE11!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

me standing at the crowded beach  and then girl IMs me.

random girl:hey, you are looking good,wanna have fun?

me:sorry,i m not into girls

random girl:okay....

and then she comes closer to me and says in local chat :STOP IM ME PANTALEVA and hit on me,I M NOT LESBIAN.

i asked how she can proof that i IMed her or even hit on her,and she dissapeared)))also i don t like when person writes your name in a wrong way..(

I came across Mr Persistence yesterday. He was after the obvious, and the questions were relentless, including two tp requests and a friends request....all turned down.

Me: "You ask a lot of questions for a guy with a blank profile"

Him: "I don't think it matters"

He's about four months in.......

• Haha 1

My shopping tip of the day:

In your MP store of choice, set the values high so that only FPs come up.

That way you only get a few pages. Find what you want and just get the colour you want. Or the FP, obviously. 😎

It works incredibly well with hair.

• Like 1

This one rolled in a few minutes ago:

i just i just wanted to tell you that i appreciate the time you took to make your avatar the epitomy of beautiful
[17:24] Autoresponse sent: We're sorry but the number you have dialed is out of order.

I was afk getting dinner started anyway. lol

Guilty shameful secret here...

I learned a lot of my vocabulary from reading.  Most of the time, though, when I came across a new word, I would pick up its meaning from context, and guess at its pronunciation from its spelling.  This worked well for most words, but I was deeply embarrassed the first time I used "epi-TOME" in a spoken sentence.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I learned a lot of my vocabulary from reading.  Most of the time, though, when I came across a new word, I would pick up its meaning from context, and guess at its pronunciation from its spelling.  This worked well for most words, but I was deeply embarrassed the first time I used "epi-TOME" in a spoken sentence.

I love reading. So when I was in elementary school, I was reading books many years ahead of what my teacher had on our vocabulary lists. For more years than I care to admit I thought that chaos (Kay-os) and chaos (Chah-oes) were 2 different words that meant the same thing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well... an epic tome is an exceptionally good book so you weren't too far off the mark. 👼

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes! For me it was hors d’oeuvres. I read it frequently in books as a child and was sure it was pronounced hores devores, and didn’t connect it to the spoken word for a embarrassingly long time.

• Like 1

I had  a friend who insisted on pronouncing certain words and phrases the wrong way on purpose,

such as:

oon-a-cue

horsey doovers

purse a phone

Ses tea la vee

she also liked to creep up beside people at parties and whisper "mingle mingle mingle"

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I had  a friend who insisted on pronouncing certain words and phrases the wrong way on purpose,

such as:

oon-a-cue

horsey doovers

purse a phone

Ses tea la vee

she also liked to creep up beside people at parties and whisper "mingle mingle mingle"

She sounds like fun.  I have, at times intentionally played up the stereotype of a ditzy SL fashionista who only understands shoes. Or sometimes I play up the stereotype of a midwestern small-town "rube".  But only after people say I'm smart or something when I discuss tech or solve a problem, which is mostly with people who know I'm not a "bimbo". Though truly, The CC only un-der-stands shoes.

seh est la vye

purse-a-phony

silly voose plait

And to be sure, if I actually visited a francophone country I would try to pronounce things properly.

Lines I hate the most:

"Hey"  meaning those that just say "Hey" as an introduction.

And thusly most of the clumsy come-ons people have reported.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.