A GoFundMe for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, clivesteel said:

I have an excellent suggestion for LL.

Create a new forum which will serve as a GoFundMe for SL, where residents who need some financial help can ask, and receive L$ payments inworld.

of course there are people who don't have a lot.. but there are jobs in sl, or get a skill in rl that  reaches over to SL ...and there are many people in SL who have everything they want and need without ever spending a single rl dollar, but know what?... thát takes lot of patience, and time... and the poor souls often don't want thát.

We want it , and we want it now, and it has to be the same as the ones that dó have skill or spend money. Well that's not likely going to happen.

but... strange thing is, for SL you need a quite powerfull machine to run, a quite good internetconnection and electricity... and name more... want a forum for that too?

Begging leads to one thing only... banned from many places, and blocked by 99% of the sl community (the remaining 1% are the beggars themself wondering what happened in that very quiet world0

• Like 3

So I assume you want others to pay for your enjoyment/hobby without any return/benefit and because a tiny part of your mind knows that would get you into hells kitchen under normal circumstances, you request a forum to be made that also sounds a little nicer than begging?

• Like 6

There is(was) an org. in SL that you can join to "sponsor" disabled members. I used to be a member and sponsored a person. That was a very long time ago. A GoFundMe is a very bad idea.. but, I think that the OPs idea is coming from a good place.. though maybe a little naive 

whimpy LL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Adequately elaborating on the quality of the OP's idea could easily guarantee a forum or even inworld ban for a couple of days.

So well, yeah, what Phil said...

... and that's from someone who suggested to mod the Arma 3 - Altis Life criminal justice system in such a way that it would also act as wellfare and benefit the victims of robberies and so on. The scripter of that server stopped talking to me for a while, dunno why. -_-

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, clivesteel said:

Create a new forum which will serve as a GoFundMe for SL, where residents who need some financial help can ask, and receive L$ payments inworld.

I actually wish LL would start banning this sort of thing from SL. 

Let's look at two examples of "unfortunate" residents needing help recently.

1. A creator and store owner in SL who needed "help with burial costs" for her deceased mother.  A fundraiser was held in SL, as well as a gofundme page (or so I heard) and where did all the money go?  Well if SL secrets and Plurk are to be believed, she had a fabulous RL shopping spree and finally got driving lessons!

2.  Another creator and store owner in SL who was evicted from her home along with her special needs son.  Instead of turning to RL help organisations, she turned them away due to having too much "pride" to accept their help and instead turned to the virtual world to fix her problems, and has received over 1,000,000L from SL residents.  So far she has only been able to cash $2,000 out of SL due to cash out limits, so where did this go?  Well $1,500 of it has gone to a lawyer to battle to get LL to allow her to cash out more Ls instead of on housing for her and her son.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ImaKinky Cyberstar said:

I actually wish LL would start banning this sort of thing from SL. 

Let's look at two examples of "unfortunate" residents needing help recently.

1. A creator and store owner in SL who needed "help with burial costs" for her deceased mother.  A fundraiser was held in SL, as well as a gofundme page (or so I heard) and where did all the money go?  Well if SL secrets and Plurk are to be believed, she had a fabulous RL shopping spree and finally got driving lessons!

2.  Another creator and store owner in SL who was evicted from her home along with her special needs son.  Instead of turning to RL help organisations, she turned them away due to having too much "pride" to accept their help and instead turned to the virtual world to fix her problems, and has received over 1,000,000L from SL residents.  So far she has only been able to cash $2,000 out of SL due to cash out limits, so where did this go?  Well $1,500 of it has gone to a lawyer to battle to get LL to allow her to cash out more Ls instead of on housing for her and her son.  

If it's true, that's disgusting. 
I wish there were actual laws against stuff like that. Aren't there? 

23 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Aren't there? 

Depending on the circumstances: fraud in criminal terms, civil law cases for the rest. 
And hopefully an overdose of bad karma.

I think the most disgusting example was a case over on a private SL forum. One highly liked poster unexpectedly died, her online partner for years overheard it on voice communication. Money was raised to allow him to travel to her funeral, during which he was mentioned and thought of as if he had been her spouse in daily life. But he rather thought it would be cool to spend the money for stuff he always wanted, but could never afford. Like, everything a mediocre successful adult would have, but what that douchebag failed to get on his own.     

Lesson: don't trust anyone and always be ready to expect getting tricked and cheated on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, clivesteel said:

Next week: Nailing jelly to the ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.