What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Oh, it's more benign than that. From the notecard:

"you can now buy heads separately from the HUD for 1500 L per head, instead of the previous 5000 L. The main HUD will be 3000 L and is a one time purchase - but the first 24h it will be 50% off - 1500L"

So it's actually now cheaper to buy a head plus HUD (4500 instead of 5000), but a clear benefit is that anyone who already owns a LAQ HUD (with or without a head) can buy other heads for 1500 instead of paying 5k to include the HUD they already have.

Gotcha - Okay, not as horrid as it initially sounded.

• Like 1

I realize that the primary reason for trying a demo is to check out the fit.  However, part of it is also to see how the colors really look inworld, because way too many creators' photos just don't match what you really get.  Thus I get highly frustrated when I get a demo like this for something that is not actually a white outfit:

Demo-1.thumb.jpg.23768a5f1d07236942850d4df5bb6d94.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I realize that the primary reason for trying a demo is to check out the fit.  However, part of it is also to see how the colors really look inworld, because way too many creators' photos just don't match what you really get.  Thus I get highly frustrated when I get a demo like this for something that is not actually a white outfit:

ASjdlsajdlajd come on now, just why? I can't even :( Stuff like that makes me believe the creator sucks at texturing and is afraid to show their work.

You're so right about the colors though, I fell for this the other day. Shame on me for not getting the demo >.> Bought a pair of socks that had two stripes on them, there was a color change HUD to go along with it. The stripes looked white in the ad.

....in game they were the exact same shade of grey you see when a texture hasn't rezzed yet. ¬¬ The other colors looked good but I was still peeved because I bought them for the white stripes. Gave it 4 stars because the product itself was great but don't make stuff look white when it isn't!!!

White for some reason always seems to be the main color people screw up. I don't understand what's so hard about it. White is white, not grey, not slightly cream, it's just...white. O.o

Sorry for that little mini rant x3

• Sad 2

With a little help from forum folks (thanks so much) I've begun setting up a sci-fi themed platform for my own amusement. Version 1.0 below. To be updated constantly... because that's how I roll (I.e. I'm never happy and live life perpetually tinkering...)

Snapshot_028.thumb.jpg.00e5692e9915da8ce22f94fbe6d11952.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jae Villa said:

Continuing to work on my sci-fi garden. Version 2.0 is much more to my liking. :) 

Snapshot_031.jpg

Any chance I'd be allowed a peak in world once you're done? I really like what I'm seeing so far and I wanna see more than just a single picture :$

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Any chance I'd be allowed a peak in world once you're done? I really like what I'm seeing so far and I wanna see more than just a single picture :$

Aww... of course. Though I can't promise timescales! This is just the middle of the platform. Once I'm mostly happy with it I've got to start putting up buildings. I'm thinking of it as the town square of a human settlement on an alien planet. But feel free to hit me up inworld for a TP :)  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.