What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

HMMMMMMM I need to check out how to do that

It's easier than you may think..the "Bakes on Mesh" thread is very long and very few of the posts actually give the details!

The "Bakes on Mesh" project viewer is required, also a special Omega Bakes-on-Mesh enabler to do it the way I did (with Omega-enabled mesh avatar).

Then..you remove your body alpha and can just wear system skins, tattoos, and/or clothing!

However, you cannot mix Mesh skins with System tattoos.  This basically "bakes" whatever your system avatar is wearing onto your mesh body.

If you want help, let me know.  (No one actually offered me help, just advice on steps.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's easier than you may think..the "Bakes on Mesh" thread is very long and very few of the posts actually give the details!

The "Bakes on Mesh" project viewer is required, also a special Omega Bakes-on-Mesh enabler to do it the way I did (with Omega-enabled mesh avatar).

Then..you remove your body alpha and can just wear system skins, tattoos, and/or clothing!

However, you cannot mix Mesh skins with System tattoos.  This basically "bakes" whatever your system avatar is wearing onto your mesh body.

If you want help, let me know.  (No one actually offered me help, just advice on steps.) 

uhhh fancy ^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After the project is done, 1) you won't need the special project viewer, and 2) some Mesh body creators may pre-enable their bodies for "Bakes On Mesh", making it easier.

yeah I read about that...can´t wait... DAMNIT Rhian needs some new pics ^^

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

3 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

HMMMMMMM I need to check out how to do that

Note that until it is rolled out, you not only have to have the special viewer to DO it, but also to SEE it.  Per the inworld meeting that someone posted, anyone on another viewer will see either a grey body or some other default texture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Note that until it is rolled out, you not only have to have the special viewer to DO it, but also to SEE it.  Per the inworld meeting that someone posted, anyone on another viewer will see either a grey body or some other default texture.

I read that. That stinks for them! Note that I unboxed a fresh Belleza avatar for this, in case “going back” is difficult. Luckily, Mesh “attachment” clothing still works. Just can’t mix and match BOM clothes/tattoos and Mesh skin, etc.

I see this project as drawing MORE users towards mesh, ‘cause they can use their old stuffs!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I see this project as drawing MORE users towards mesh, ‘cause they can use their old stuffs!

^^ This.  One of my biggest issues when I went mesh was not being able to use most of my system skins, especially my primary one.   Granted, some of the older skins might still not work, but some will.  Much of my older system clothing would likely have gotten tossed anyway, just because most flexi skirts are pretty horrid.  It would be nice though to know that not every single system item that you had would have to be trashed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Unless you already did =@.@= but I've started saving some system layers again for this very thing. 

During my inventory cleaning over this past year, I have trashed TONS of system stuff.  Granted, most of it likely needed to be trashed simply because so much system clothing back then was not really that good anyway. 

Since I still have a system head, I have not trashed ALL of my old skins (only the ones that I couldn't get a mesh applier for) and have not trashed any of my makeups that were done on the tattoo layer.  During future inventory cleannings though, I will carefully check things like system tops & pants to see if they are worth saving.  Probably half of my inventory (30-40k worth) is still old stuff that I'm going through and most of that is clothing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Testing Bakes-On-Mesh, got my old skin and tattoo back! Too bad the tattoo seams are soo much worse with the mesh body.

Jake BakesOnMesh Wings! With Jeans 20180407.jpg

Nostalgia often makes us remember things better than they actually were, back then you old folks most likey had nothing better.

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Nostalgia often makes us remember things better than they actually were, back then you old folks most likey had nothing better.

*sigh* It is important to me to have my real-life tattoo on my avatar. Until I can get it re-done (better, and better resolution) for Mesh, this is a compromise I have to deal with.

*Edit* If you cant say something nice, come sit with me.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.