What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started the day confused, and even a little annoyed, that LAQ had sent me a copy of one their heads on the same day that they announced that their heads and HUDs would be priced separately from now on. I wondered if it was some kind of promo: give out a head but then make people buy the HUD so they can use it..

...then I realised it was just an update to the Neve head I bought on offer in December O.o

Neve.thumb.png.98862e8a5d947fabe3ec6a262a220aa8.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

..... they announced that their heads and HUDs would be priced separately from now on. ....

Wait a minute - someone is going to sell something but the HUD that controls it will cost more money?  If the price of the two items combined comes up to no more than the previously priced heads w/ HUD, then all is okay, I guess.  Otherwise, they go on my list of 'greedy creator, not gonna buy from them again'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wait a minute - someone is going to sell something but the HUD that controls it will cost more money?  If the price of the two items combined comes up to no more than the previously priced heads w/ HUD, then all is okay, I guess.  Otherwise, they go on my list of 'greedy creator, not gonna buy from them again'.

Oh, it's more benign than that. From the notecard:

"you can now buy heads separately from the HUD for 1500 L per head, instead of the previous 5000 L. The main HUD will be 3000 L and is a one time purchase - but the first 24h it will be 50% off - 1500L"

So it's actually now cheaper to buy a head plus HUD (4500 instead of 5000), but a clear benefit is that anyone who already owns a LAQ HUD (with or without a head) can buy other heads for 1500 instead of paying 5k to include the HUD they already have.

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the price of the two items combined comes up to no more than the previously priced heads w/ HUD, then all is okay, I guess. 

Yes, the price of the two parts = the old price of the complete package.  Anyone that already had a bento LAQ head should receive a stand-alone version of the new HUD as a free update.

Old head (with HUD) was L$5000.
New heads will be L$1500 and the HUD is L$3500 -- this is all assuming I remember it correctly, of course.  Your first LAQ head will still cost the same.  The big savings comes from buying additional heads since you will be paying a fraction of the cost from what the old versions costs.

[edit]
Lexxi beats me with real info so ignore my numbers :)

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.