What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking about going to the Fantasy Fair yesterday - to see the builds and the quests, but decided to wait until later this week.  Instead, I went to one of the building classes at Builder's Brewery where you choose from one of several projects being offered by the instructor, and receive a folder with all the supplies and a NC with the instructions, so you can work at your own pace.   I like these types of classes, because I can feel like I actually created something :) 

So here I am at home, afterwards, admiring the new Fiesta tableware I created: 

41594080651_461926fcaa_h.thumb.jpg.64ffef93a41fd8c2052d53bd02742f4e.jpg

• Like 13

40 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I went directly to the vendor I wanted, got my stuff, and got out.  Am I missing some good stuff from other vendors?  probably, but as I don't know what they're selling,  I don't feel I'm missing anything, except the crowds and lag. :P

It wasn't the crowds that tried my patience because there were only about a dozen people per sim.  It was that stores are spread across 15 sims of fantasy forest.  That and the Pinterest catalogue to try and find anything new.  To me it was not so much a fair as a world hunt.  If you know a vendor already you can go and see which few things they have on sale.  If you want to see what other wings are offered that you might not know about ... well, MP search is better. 

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old hag and I do think they did a wonderful job on the landscape ... but it all seemed to hinder my shopping rather than encourage it.  I picked up a demo I had to go home to open and never went back :(

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It wasn't the crowds that tried my patience because there were only about a dozen people per sim.  It was that stores are spread across 15 sims of fantasy forest.  That and the Pinterest catalogue to try and find anything new.  To me it was not so much a fair as a world hunt.  If you know a vendor already you can go and see which few things they have on sale.  If you want to see what other wings are offered that you might not know about ... well, MP search is better. 

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old hag and I do think they did a wonderful job on the landscape ... but it all seemed to hinder my shopping rather than encourage it.  I picked up a demo I had to go home to open and never went back :(

I agree.  I was complaining to Orwar yesterday about the Pinterest board.  There were things on there that didn't really tell you the name of the vendor, so you had to hunt around to find it.  The Pinterest board didn't seem very organized to me, and didn't really help much.  I tried going back and looking around, but I just ended up picking a random shop, teleporting to it,  looking at the nearby shops, and repeating.  I got bored pretty quickly and didn't see even a quarter of it.  

• Like 1

Pinterest boards... the ones that force you to execute some hacking skills on them to even see them? Great way to advertize a shop... sorry, storeowners if you do not care to show me I will not go great length to work on seeing ads =^.^= (the being illegal to circumvent that annoying login wall in some countries comes on top of it)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I tried going to the Fantasy Fair this morning but it soon became apparent it was not for me.  Patience was never a virtue of mine.

I am so proud, I have something in common with Rhonda

• Haha 4

Driven near insane by the constant stream of workmen renovating my RL house  (now running 8 days over, not that I am counting much), I decided to do my favorite relaxation and landscaped my new little mainland plot I got on Monday.  A little secret garden (with the odd neighbour derendered)

Secret Garden.png

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Driven near insane by the constant stream of workmen renovating my RL house  (now running 8 days over, not that I am counting much)

Eight days over? My home has been under fairly constant renovation since 1937. It may be longer, but nobody from that time is around to relate their frustration.

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.