What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

Can you tell me where that is? I wanna parachute!

At the Essencia Hotel. Go up the stairs to the second floor to the elevators. Get in an elevator and push "R". It's a little slow ride, but it's also a tall hotel lol. Oh and then you'll get out on the roof and see helicopters, but you'll need to click the blue transporter on the ground and then it gets you to where the courtesy parachute is. 

Edited by TatianaNikolay
  • Like 2

Oh my WHEN did this happen.... *rolls her eyes*... I made my shape setting for a realistic height difference  I have with RL guys... I usually end somewhere between their eyes and their nipples. So my everyday shape is 6´5"ish bare-flatfooted... I do have a runway shape they are to start at 7"...so.... yeah ^^

NOWADAYS..... even the guys are running around in heights a dear friend of mine used to call walking rooster licker (the last 2 words were one and adult so... you know ^^)

I mean I do have a RL me shape, but that kept me from going to some sims because I´m 5"4....

It really starts to be a pet peeve of mine spech since I get looks and comments... WTF....

IDK what happened and WHY.... but yeah...On the other hand I rarely see other avatars so I don´t have a reliable source to do a new version of my shape (again... I hate major fixes....no I don´t get better at it unfortunately....  MEH MEH MEH

• Like 1

Getting annoyed at fashion bloggers who don't credit everything they're wearing. I just came across a fantastic SL fashion shot on Flickr and my immediate thought was "Holy crap, what body is he wearing? It looks amazing!" There was a link to his blog post, so of course I clicked it.

His credits list comprised only the outfit itself. Not the hair, not the skin, not the body, not the shoes, not the poses. And no, he doesn't even have one of those "this is my usual skin/body/hair, in case you're interested in those" type pages on his blog.

I had a sneaking suspicion that the body was Signature Geralt, but any guy who knows very little about mesh bodies, wants to upgrade to one, and loves that one... is going to be completely lost.

As for me, I'm just completely annoyed. Credit all your stuff, people!

Bah! ¬¬>:(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Replaced placeholder skyscrapers with more futuristic looking ones (well futuristic if you were living in the 80s and imagining the future... turns out in the future we have ALL GLASS ALL THE TIME). My little sci-fi city square is slowly taking shape. :) 

Snapshot_034.jpg

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Credit all your stuff, people!

Bah! ¬¬>:(

I wonder if some of that is they don't want copies of themselves running around. Whenever I ask people for shapes it's like I asked them for their creeeedit card number. 

Note the above image, it is not just about me and what I am wearing, but I just make up a part of the overall image. Listing what I wear seems a distraction from the whole of the image. I am not going to list everything you see,most of which isnt mine and would be hard for me to list. Beside this is the what are you doing thread, not the what are you wearing.

Lol he meant bloggers who, ya know, blog. Not random user who puts up random picture and certainly not specific posters in this thread.

Sometimes there is a lot to include but I try to include everything. Store slurls may be hit or miss on somethings but I’ll give enough info to find it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

I wonder if some of that is they don't want copies of themselves running around. Whenever I ask people for shapes it's like I asked them for their creeeedit card number. 

My shape slider numbers are the only thing that I don't give out, since those are personal to me. With the advent of Bento mesh heads if someone had my shape sliders too, they could create a literal clone of me. My face shape (for each Bento head that I own) is unique to me, and - while I'm more than happy to list everything I'm wearing so that people can copy the fashion look itself (or get ideas from it and find new items from it), I'm not fond of the idea of people copying my personal shape. So yeah, I'd have the same 'credit card number' reaction ;)

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Note the above image, it is not just about me and what I am wearing, but I just make up a part of the overall image. Listing what I wear seems a distraction from the whole of the image. I am not going to list everything you see,most of which isnt mine and would be hard for me to list. Beside this is the what are you doing thread, not the what are you wearing.

As Clover pointed out (while I was asleep - lol!) my post mentioned "fashion bloggers". That is: people who post fashion shots on Flickr with credits added - either beneath the Flickr post itself, or on a linked blog - but who only credit the 'featured items' (usually the stuff that's sent to them by their sponsoring stores) and not everything else they're wearing.

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Sometimes there is a lot to include but I try to include everything. Store slurls may be hit or miss on somethings but I’ll give enough info to find it. 

I used to include links to creators' profiles, since that was the best way to guarantee that - if a store moved - my readers could still get the latest SLurl from its owner's profile. But that proved to be a lot of effort, so now I make it clear what the store name is, especially in the case of a non-searchable name (for example, the store called ::K:: can't be searched, so I credit that with the creator's name as well, ie: Kitt Ragu for ::K::).

Pose-makers are the unsung heroes of SL fashion, so - whenever a pose is obvious (eg: it's not just a very close-up head shot) - I always list the store name for it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

As Clover pointed out (while I was asleep - lol!) my post mentioned "fashion bloggers". 

Yes, I know, I should have read the original post before reacting to the one with the short quote from you. Sorry

11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I used to include links to creators' profiles, since that was the best way to guarantee that - if a store moved - my readers could still get the latest SLurl from its owner's profile.

Sadly, even that doesn't always work these days.  There are a couple of tiny stores that I like a lot, but the store moves around a bit. Yet even the creator does not always remember to update their own profile.  :(

Today, I'm baking cookies!.cookies.thumb.png.c0e7132ded76544deb43b253430e6fbd.png

But with actual LOD's so it doesn't pop too badly on mesh swaps, though LI is ridiculous at 11-19LI depending on physics so no one will ever rez it unless I crush the LOD's to a single triangle however and make it look terrible for 90% of the time. #sad

:D

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I tried going to the Fantasy Fair this morning but it soon became apparent it was not for me.  Patience was never a virtue of mine.

I really just want to go wander around checking out the builds.  I figure I'll wait until the last couple of days and then go do that.  I have no tolerance for crowds, in RL or SL.  For some reason, the more crowded a place gets, the more stupid people get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I tried going to the Fantasy Fair this morning but it soon became apparent it was not for me.  Patience was never a virtue of mine.

I went directly to the vendor I wanted, got my stuff, and got out.  Am I missing some good stuff from other vendors?  probably, but as I don't know what they're selling,  I don't feel I'm missing anything, except the crowds and lag. :P

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.