How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Does anyone know if Black Dragon uses EEP or if it's still on windlight?

I'm thinking it's still on windlight because  none of my new EEPs are loading up in there..

I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong and them just not showing, or if it's the viewer never went to EEP?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.:)❤️

No, it's fully EEP enabled. Your library of settings should all be there. Isn't it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, it's fully EEP enabled. Your library of settings should all be there. Isn't it?

They show up in Fire storm in my settings folder under sky, which are the only ones I added..

They show up in black dragon inventory but not in my environment settings under sky presets.

I just thought of something.. I wonder if mine is before they added EEP

My version is, Black Dragon 6.4.18.48191 (64bit)

I know it's been a good bit since I updated mine.. I'm betting I'm out of date.. hehehe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They show up in Fire storm in my settings folder under sky, which are the only ones I added..

They show up in black dragon inventory but not in my environment settings under sky presets.

I just thought of something.. I wonder if mine is before they added EEP

My version is, Black Dragon 6.4.18.48191 (64bit)

I know it's been a good bit since I updated mine.. I'm betting I'm out of date.. hehehe

Oh! Definitely update. It's possible that is the issue, but in general there have been a fair number of updates over the past year or so, including one that apparently really improves performance about 2 weeks ago. Try that!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh! Definitely update. It's possible that is the issue, but in general there have been a fair number of updates over the past year or so, including one that apparently really improves performance about 2 weeks ago. Try that!

Thank you for the quick help on that.. I went there and ya I'm way out of date..

Thank you Scylla :)❤️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you for the quick help on that.. I went there and ya I'm way out of date..

Thank you Scylla :)❤️

There is a BD Discord channel. I'd send you there, but I'm not myself on it for . . . reasons. But it's very active, and Niran is, i think, often there to help with problems and issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:57 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm enjoying the Black Dragon Viewer More and more.

This is my first attempt at taking a picture using it..  I can't wait to learn more about it tomorrow :)❤️

Waiting

Black Dragon is my first pick for photography. It is NOT the easiest to use nor are all the controls you need in places you would expect.

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Does anyone know if Black Dragon uses EEP or if it's still on windlight?

I'm thinking it's still on windlight because  none of my new EEPs are loading up in there..

I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong and them just not showing, or if it's the viewer never went to EEP?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.:)❤️

As has been said, BD is EEP updated. However, NiranV does not particularly like the UI that most others use. So you'll see lots of experimentation in the UI. I kept _itching about how fast the UI was changing and how annoying it was to be relearning where things had moved to every month. Whether I had an effect on NIranV or not... at least the change rate is now tolerable... at least for me.

There are threads here about BD and NiranV has and does participate in them. So search around and find one or two and read through them. It will make your use of BD much more enjoyable.

NiranV did not like the 3D controls the Lab introduced and Firestorm included. And things are a bit differently divided in the panels. There is an abbreviated Environmental Editor, which is a small panel for changing between EEP assets. Then there is the Sky Editor, which is more like Firestorm's Personal Lighting in Phototools, but with a NiranV twist on panel design.

Then there is the BIG panel for environment and lighting named Machinima Slidebar. This has most of the viewer's rendering settings in one place. I think this is the only panel, other than Debug, where you can get to NiranV's addons to the render system. I think a some are scattered through Preferences. But I can never find the ones I want when I want them using Preferences. I reserve use of Preferences for setting my defaults.

I have all of those controls as buttons on the right-side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

All Change-Blank.png

I'm catching up with all the great photos on this thread having not been around so much again for a couple of weeks. I love your photos. I think we all take something different from them, depending on our own headspace. I'm a bit obsessed with old-style locomotives just now, and when I saw this I squealed with delight, thinking I was looking into you travelling on the night train, with a lot on your mind and unable to sleep. The carriage is too warm, you've undone your clothing a little, but aren't letting your guard down.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Black Dragon is my first pick for photography. It is NOT the easiest to use nor are all the controls you need in places you would expect.

As has been said, BD is EEP updated. However, NiranV does not particularly like the UI that most others use. So you'll see lots of experimentation in the UI. I kept _itching about how fast the UI was changing and how annoying it was to be relearning where things had moved to every month. Whether I had an effect on NIranV or not... at least the change rate is now tolerable... at least for me.

There are threads here about BD and NiranV has and does participate in them. So search around and find one or two and read through them. It will make your use of BD much more enjoyable.

NiranV did not like the 3D controls the Lab introduced and Firestorm included. And things are a bit differently divided in the panels. There is an abbreviated Environmental Editor, which is a small panel for changing between EEP assets. Then there is the Sky Editor, which is more like Firestorm's Personal Lighting in Phototools, but with a NiranV twist on panel design.

Then there is the BIG panel for environment and lighting named Machinima Slidebar. This has most of the viewer's rendering settings in one place. I think this is the only panel, other than Debug, where you can get to NiranV's addons to the render system. I think a some are scattered through Preferences. But I can never find the ones I want when I want them using Preferences. I reserve use of Preferences for setting my defaults.

I have all of those controls as buttons on the right-side.

Ya, I don't have a problem finding things in it.. I think it's the Skies that I got from the MP..

Everything else that shows up in the little environment settings window under Sky Presets, don't have permissions on them and the ones that aren't showing up have no transfer in their permissions.

I can use them from my inventory, but they don't show up in the sky preset drop down list with the others in my settings folder under skies, So I have to keep my inventory window open to get at them..

They work in FS and BD, but in BD I'll just have to use them from my inventory.

I've looked and search through the forums and on the net and the only information I can find is on the skies that you upload, not the ones we get from the MP..

I'll get used to it, it's  not that hard to use by just double clicking them. It was more just bugging me as to why those didn't show in the list with the others. hehehehe..

Thank you for the reply and the information Nalates, I really appreciate it.❤️:)

ETA: ok I'm not gonna eat up any more of the thread.. I think it has something to do with permissions being put on the presets, because I just went and bought some full perm ones to test that out and they loaded right into the sky preset window..

I can rest easy now.. hehehe

Thank you all so kindly for taking the time.. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.. ❤️hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1