How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

42 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Really? Yet they didn't send me any messages. Such an amateur.

27 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Me neither...……...

Well if you want I can send you one. And I'm a nut job but not the same. 

1 hour ago, CordeliaDeVere said:

I spent some time at the beach but getting home was a problem, the phone box had been vandalised...………………...

SL115.png

SL113.png

That's not a tardis so you can't travel in that or you wanted to change inside? 

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, so you got one of those ridiculous messages, too? About how the only reason EVERYONE posts is to get likes? (To get a higher forum score.) And here I thought I posted for other reasons, but I was told, in multiple messages by the same nutjob person that it is ALL about the likes and to say anything else was to be lying. Hey, what do I know, right?

I never get on the good lists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.43.28 AM.png
So, this is me today... finally connecting the BoM dots. I can see how the potential layers can make a huge difference. My problem is that one of my tattoos developer/store is gone and I don’t think there is a system layer for it.... ugh.

You look amazing Sara!

I had that problem with no system layers on some of my alts tattoos, But Roxy got back one of my favorites that never made any appliers with BoM.

• Like 6

Catching up... again...

On 2/15/2020 at 6:15 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Some people put others down in order to make themselves feel confident. What they fail to realise is that confidence isn't thinking that you're better than other people; it's not feeling the need to compare yourself to other people in the first place. You can't fix yourself by breaking someone else.

It is often hard to tell if someone is trolling or projecting...

On 2/15/2020 at 7:05 AM, VictoriaGrwd said:

00818.jpg

Awesome Valintine's Day image ... or.. wait.. is that for.... never mine.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, CordeliaDeVere said:

Bumrose Marina again yesterday, and my new Genus, but not yet finalised...……………………...

Despite the odd name, it's a good place for taking photos. Ask Aedan...…………..hahahahaha.

SL15.png

Also a great place to sail to and from. Bumrose proper is difficult to fly a helicopter out of...   OH! OH! And they have this ...ere... never mine. Not the thread.

13 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Chasing dragons...

Snapshot_1011.thumb.jpg.0fc8b7efa5c13872ab62fca6cb584a80.jpg

I am so turning you over to PETA.  (Or is that PITA?)

10 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, so you got one of those ridiculous messages, too? About how the only reason EVERYONE posts is to get likes? (To get a higher forum score.) And here I thought I posted for other reasons, but I was told, in multiple messages by the same nutjob person that it is ALL about the likes and to say anything else was to be lying. Hey, what do I know, right?

I think the best answer is "Of course. Isn't it obvious?" Then maybe ask, 'Would you like to know other ways to collect likes? '

They likely have a problem and may be a bit slow. So they are unlikely to notice you are trolling them.

6 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I'm new in this forum and I found so many kind people that I'm really happy to be here but sometimes someone can hurt people without notice and without intention. 
For example for me not being a  native english speaking means do a lot of unintentional mistakes when I write something, I'm quite sure to have done it and I apologize for this...
(I think that someone know what I'm talking about)

an other example, few post above I writed that I was jelous of Conall but was a joke, but I'm not sure that was clear enough.

Not to worry. Over time your 'real' personality comes across. I think the majority of people here recognize there are language issues.

My thinking is one only needs to apologize when they decide they were out of line or truly regret something. Mistakes and language goofs are more of an acknowledgement thing... Oops stuff.

One meets so many interesting characters in Second Life...

1500665827_SilasMerlin_001.thumb.jpg.283d522763c67cb686c9b5a6fff82d7b.jpg

Taken at the Content Creators UG in Hippo...

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Clairity
  • Like 18

10 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, so you got one of those ridiculous messages, too?

No, because I blocked everyone from messaging me here anyway.

I did notice that most here 'like' WHO they like without regard to the actually graphic being posted, but that' s conduct being displayed at Flickr for instance as well.

Hence I post less here and there.

Edited by TDD123
displayed conduct
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I did notice that most here 'like' WHO they like without regard to the actually graphic being posted, but that' s conduct being displayed at Flickr for instance as well.

Hence I post less here and there.

I think that "likes" function, as @moirakathleen has just expressed so well on another thread, as a way of bonding us together as a community, and acknowledging each other. Worrying about who gets more of them is I think pretty silly, and undercuts that purpose. This thread is not a photo competition, a beauty pageant, nor even a popularity contest: it's a place to share, meet, and chat. Or it should be: if it isn't, I think you're doing it wrong, myself.

Sure, it's nice to get likes, but you or anyone else has my permission to not bother responding to my pics. That's not really what makes me feel at home here anyway.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo, and worse still, A FAULTY PARALLELISM! Ack!
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, BerryRoll said:

Sometimes, something interesting starts from one thing) from socks for example..

In motion

In motion 2

Akro_resize.png

This, and the videos, are wonderful! I like the way you manipulated the Windlights in real time, too.

Needless to say, I also admire your athletic ability. I need to do one that shows me doing what I do best. Drinking coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This thread is not a photo competition, a beauty pageant, nor even a popularity contest: it's a place to share, meet, and chat.

No, it's  not. Foremost, subjectively,  this thread is about individual (graphical) expression, which can be merited with likes or not.

I do find however there' s a grouptank in here disabling just that. And most are too involved with that to give an honest like when there should be one.

Edited by TDD123

5 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

No, it's  not. Foremost, subjectively,  this thread is about individual (graphical) expression, which can be merited with likes or not.

I do find however there' s a grouptank in here disabling just that. And most are too involved with that to give an honest like when there should be one.

What’s an honest like, though? That’s not for anyone but the giver of the like to know. I honestly like everything I give reactions to.

• Like 10

On 2/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, Tamanni said:

I had a feeling that I wouldn't stay human for long. After toying for a while with the idea of being a vampire, and rejecting it, I'm now a wolf.

200216_002.jpg.e078fe8ca2386a1694f34d619a3047f9.jpg

And a darn purty one too.

I have to say that I really liked the look you had developed for yourself as a human, both in terms of your avatar and your style.

However, your father and I have talked this through, and we both want you to know that we love you, and are completely supportive of you, whatever direction you might choose for yourself.

Even if it means that our future grandchildren will need to be taken for walks and brushed regularly during molting season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

What’s an honest like, though?

" Damn, I don' t like this person at all, but that' s a helluva good photograph. Wow!"  - like.

And to hit like after that thought.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I did notice that most here 'like' WHO they like without regard to the actually graphic being posted

This thread, in my opinion, has always been about "how does your avatar look today?" regardless of how well or how bad one is at taking and processing photos.  If you knew the person who started it - he appeared to be to be pretty zany and had a lot of different 'looks', and liked to have fun - so I generally think of this thread in that sense.  It is true that over time, there has been more emphasis on the graphic quality part, but that is a reflection of the interest of some people posting now who have been interested in, and sharing techniques, of improving graphic quality be it the visual part or the story part.  But that's not the only reason for posting in this thread and it certainly is not a requirement for posting in this thread.  I try to acknowledge everyone who shares here, because for me it's about "how do you look today" and not just about how well one can compose a picture (though I do also enjoy the beautiful compositions and stories that are appearing here now, as well).  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Just over at Moulin Rouge (Little Paris - Orsay) and deciding that B&W is better for these shots...…………...

I hope a bare butt is OK...……..*holds breath...….

SL116 (2).png

[Moderator Edit: Image with Nudity removed]

Edited by Dakota Linden
[Moderator Edit: Image with Nudity removed]
  • Like 28

10 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Foremost, subjectively,  this thread is about individual (graphical) expression, which can be merited with likes or not.

According to whom, TDD? If one goes by the thread's title, and presumably its original intent, it's simply about showing off our avatars.

Your choice of word, "subjectively," makes my point for me: there are no guidelines, rubrics, or rules determining how we choose to judge posts here. Some people value high quality photos (whatever that means to them), and others just like seeing how people look in-world. I myself like pretty much everything here because I value and want to acknowledge the fact that people are sharing with me: that's worth a "like," regardless of the quality of the photo or the look of the avatar.

Without set guidelines, the "awarding" of likes here is purely arbitrary and personal -- and hence, in most respects, meaningless for all practical purposes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, CordeliaDeVere said:

Just over at Moulin Rouge (Little Paris - Orsay) and deciding that B&W is better for these shots...…………...

I hope a bare butt is OK...……..*holds breath...….

SL116 (2).png

SL113 (2).png

My goodness, what a shiny bottom 😲😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I myself like pretty much everything here because I value and want to acknowledge the fact that people are sharing with me: that's worth a "like," regardless of the quality of the photo or the look of the avatar.

So you like about everything for your social conscience. Others like nothing, because they care for themselves only. And somewhere in between games are played for the likes.

Why else would one contact Seicher with a message 'what this thread is really about'  ?

Just now, TDD123 said:

So you like about everything for your social conscience. Others like nothing, because they care for themselves only. And somewhere in between games are played for the likes.

This is precisely the point. My "like" doesn't mean the same thing as yours, or Amanda's, or Eva's. It's apples and oranges. In addition to which, the number of responses will vary by the day of week, or time of day posted. If you choose to "like" posts that represent your interpretation of high quality SL photography, then great! But you can't dictate what motivates others. And so long as you can't, getting upset because you don't get enough warm fuzzies (or conversely, getting puffed up because you do) is senseless.

5 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Why else would one contact Seicher with a message 'what this thread is really about'  ?

Because they are a bit of an idiot, perhaps?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2