Shop (store) ideas that won't fly

I have spotted a gap in the market.

Many sl avatars are amply proportioned in the chest area, but the underwear available is clearly not adequate to provide proper support.
Shoulder straps which are too narrow, fabrics which look flimsy, cup coverage which barely reaches the edges, I am sure you have seen the examples yourself.
So many residents are heading for back pain and ongoing discomfort.

In addition, many clothing lines sport tops and bottoms which don't meet in the middle, leaving scope for cold draughts and risk of chills.
I could also mention the ultra high heels sold, with no thought for foot health, and don't get me started on skimpy swimwear which would be unlikely to survive a few laps of any municipal swimming pool.

In short, what is needed here is a traditional lady's wear store, which sells well constructed underpinnings, thermal base layers, longline blouses, sensible wide fitting footwear and a range of high stretch, tummy taming swim garments which cover all the vital areas with a considerable margin of safety.

Of course I forgot to mention traditional waist high knickers, not necessarily in old fashioned floral designs, because you can be trendy, whilst being sensible. Nightwear could be added later, possibly something in a brushed cotton.

I think about starting this kind of shop every year, and then think, nope, nobody's going to buy the stock, sigh.....

Anyone else have fabulous ideas that just won't work?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I think about starting this kind of shop every year, and then think, nope, nobody's going to buy the stock, sigh.....

I would, while rping as a biggie :) Or I'd direct an alt to be one of those ladies in need of decent support and comfort.

• Like 3

I was thinking about making a shop to support whaling. It'd have the usual sailor clothing and rubber boots but also specific items needed for hunting whales such as flensing knives, blubber boiler kettles, harpoons, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I was thinking about making a shop to support whaling. It'd have the usual sailor clothing and rubber boots but also specific items needed for hunting whales such as flensing knives, blubber boiler kettles, harpoons, etc. 

Isn't that what the whole gacha thing was about? Ohhhh, right, different kind of whale hunting.

Me, personally, would make a shop to sell virtual bubble wrap sheets. You would attach them like a hud and pop the bubbles with a satisfying sound. I would allow folks to share (transfer) the bubble wrap sheet of course, so you and a friend can pop bubbles together!

Oh yeah and you could link it with friends so all of them can hear the pop without annoying anyone else.

And I'd sell it at 25L$ a sheet.

Hm. Actually...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Isn't that what the whole gacha thing was about? Ohhhh, right, different kind of whale hunting.

Me, personally, would make a shop to sell virtual bubble wrap sheets. You would attach them like a hud and pop the bubbles with a satisfying sound. I would allow folks to share (transfer) the bubble wrap sheet of course, so you and a friend can pop bubbles together!

Oh yeah and you could link it with friends so all of them can hear the pop without annoying anyone else.

Hm. Actually...

I have a bubblewrap HUD made by Pavl Duke !!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

You can get a lot that at your typical neighborhood torture store

I've noticed a complete lack of concern for sun-coverage. Residents flock to tropical regions without even a drop of sunblock. If residents want to maintain their youthful appearance and glowing skin I think they should take the necessary steps to do so. That's why my store is entirely dedicated to selling parasols and sunblock.

Edit to add: Oh and sun hats, those gigantic ones.

Edited by Branduff Bisnovat
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

I've noticed a complete lack of concern for sun-coverage. Residents flock to tropical regions without even a drop of sunblock. If residents want to maintain their youthful appearance and glowing skin I think they should take the necessary steps to do so.

goth%20block%20square%20package.jpg?1602

Somebody else already sells protection from the Evil Yellow Sky Orb

GothontheBeach.thumb.png.4eb76aeef9e9b8588236686c585b6b4a.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

A store called "My Baby's A Genius🧠👶 

We'd sell tummy talkers that shout in local "Yes mother! The answer is \pi=4-\frac{4}{3}+\frac{4}{5}-\frac{4}{7}+\frac{4}{9}-\frac{4}{11}+\ldots".

Or try to start debates about religion and politics :) 

I think we'd sell two before all the clubs banned them xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

A shop on the Marketplace.
Keeping the marketplace functioning stably seems far too ambitious for Linden Lab at the moment. :(

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

"Come Back Tomorrow"

That sounds like the name of one of those second hand bookshops run by somebody in half moon glasses, who wears carpet slippers, and cardigans with leather patches on the elbows, and who only opens for 1 hour a day, and hates customers wearing out the piles of old books by LOOKING at them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/7/2024 at 3:21 PM, ValKalAstra said:

Hm. Actually...

I'd buy bubble wrap to wrap around my avatar. It could make popping noises when someone bumps into me or I bump into a doorway or someone else.

The store could also sell giant bubbles to wear around our avatars. If people don't want their avatar to be seen by others, they could be made opaque to others, but not to the owner. Even better, sell bubbles that can hide other people's ugly avatars, so we don't have to see them

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Cursed store names: "Our Store Moved", "Currently Closed",  "I Hate You All",  "Come Back Tomorrow",  "Are You Stupid", "No Furries", "Sold Out", "Hyped & Overpriced", "Slop"

I'd like to see a cursed store that actually moves, or maybe just a rotating store if they can't move it's location every week. The entrance door would always be changing. They could also switch around the doors and windows frequently, so we can never be sure what is an actual doorway or just a window. 

There was a store called Country Clutter once. I forget now if it was in SL or RL.

• Like 3

One of my little shops has an entrance but no exit from the other side :D

"You can check in any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Apologies to The Eagles...

Edited by Emma Krokus
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

One of my little shops has an entrance but no exit from the other side :D

"You can check in any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Apologies to The Eagles...

Nice! If you don't have an Eagles hint, you definitely should one or two

@Zalificent Corvinus"That sounds like the name of one of those second hand bookshops run by somebody in half moon glasses, who wears carpet slippers, and cardigans with leather patches on the elbows, and who only opens for 1 hour a day, and hates customers wearing out the piles of old books by LOOKING at them."

(Sorry for using tag, I often forget that you can't edit posts to add quotes, but have to collect and multiquote before posting, getting old is no fun...)

I have several of those in my street (one of them, you need to leave your bag outside if you want to enter the second room, where they don't sit behind their half moon glasses, perhaps they're afraid that someone steals their precious dust along with a book), ty for that rather fitting summary, it will make passing them double, and entering them and getting that hate treatment, whenever I manage to stumble in during that elusive opening hour, triple the fun! Love those shops in my street, books and otherwise, though, they ARE fun.

A service shop for mainland dwellers, where you can rent someone who'll take care of "bad neighbours". 

Slogan on shop door: "We'll put the good in your neighbour"; small print in the contract,  "or send you our 4-guy mover team and moving truck for a more immersive experience, while you move to your 13th mainland plot". Logo... Al Capone or GoodFellas or similar cutout, obviously, and fitting soundtrack playing on entering.

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 1:49 PM, Raspberry Crystal said:

I have spotted a gap in the market.

Many sl avatars are amply proportioned in the chest area, but the underwear available is clearly not adequate to provide proper support.
Shoulder straps which are too narrow, fabrics which look flimsy, cup coverage which barely reaches the edges, I am sure you have seen the examples yourself.
So many residents are heading for back pain and ongoing discomfort.

In addition, many clothing lines sport tops and bottoms which don't meet in the middle, leaving scope for cold draughts and risk of chills.
I could also mention the ultra high heels sold, with no thought for foot health, and don't get me started on skimpy swimwear which would be unlikely to survive a few laps of any municipal swimming pool.

In short, what is needed here is a traditional lady's wear store, which sells well constructed underpinnings, thermal base layers, longline blouses, sensible wide fitting footwear and a range of high stretch, tummy taming swim garments which cover all the vital areas with a considerable margin of safety.

Of course I forgot to mention traditional waist high knickers, not necessarily in old fashioned floral designs, because you can be trendy, whilst being sensible. Nightwear could be added later, possibly something in a brushed cotton.

Maybe this is why I subconsciously decided to slim down a bit recently. I was running around as a thicc figure, but... IDK LOL! If the prices are reasonable, you might have a fangirl or two visiting the in world store! 😀

(Speaking of which... I want to try the mature mod I saw someone post here at Skin Fair, it's apparently in the North sector. Wasn't able to go there at all yesterday, might have better luck later.)

• Like 4

On 3/8/2024 at 1:46 AM, Branduff Bisnovat said:

I've noticed a complete lack of concern for sun-coverage. Residents flock to tropical regions without even a drop of sunblock. If residents want to maintain their youthful appearance and glowing skin I think they should take the necessary steps to do so. That's why my store is entirely dedicated to selling parasols and sunblock.

Edit to add: Oh and sun hats, those gigantic ones.

All us pale freckled redheads who like sailing and the beach appreciate your effort, thanks!

• Like 4

A virtual proxy to an eBay store, where you buy items in L$ as a currency conversion rate equivalent to the real items listing price. When you buy it you have to send the seller a notecard with your address irl in order to have the real item shipped to you.
I guess you could do that with any real storefront, have a SL virtual store mirror it where you buy items in L$.

• Like 2