Who wants my stuff?

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Zzevir said:

I have a little money what I don't want to waste when I delete my account. First come first served. 

(I will send the money over the weekend, and it's just 1 k so not a lot really.) 

Why don't you donate it to one of the locations collecting for Ukraine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2023 at 7:42 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

My recommendation would always be to go and find a nice noobie and give it to them :) 1k would make a big difference to some new person's experience.

When I Was a noob, it would have been nice for someone to up and give me 1k Linden. But back then 1k went a lot further then it does now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, some people are flat earthers in RL too. In more ways than one.

I am reminded of the "Flatheads" from the original Oz books.

Their heads were flat because they didn't have brains. They would carry cans of brains around instead of actually using the brains.

https://oz.fandom.com/wiki/Flatheads

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 11:56 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

You can take your money out by using the Sell Lindens function on the website. 

If you really want to give it away though, Ii could really use to pay for my own account. 🙂

Have you seen the thing they want you to sign before you can take money out at their ruinous exchange rate?  Not worth it for under US$10...

@Prokofy Nevahas the best answer.  IMO.

Edited by Anna Nova
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 10:42 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

My recommendation would always be to go and find a nice noobie and give it to them :) 1k would make a big difference to some new person's experience.

When I was a few weeks old, I was hopping around to all the money trees I knew of, and a girl started chatting to me about how much she'd enjoyed SL but was deleting her account. We talked for a bit, then she said, 'never forget that rl comes first' and dropped 700 linden on me, then tp'd away. I occasionally gift newbies in her honor.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I vote that Persephone should have the money. She was the first.

The L$ should be allocated on the basis of effective altruism, not on the basis of who asked first. Specifically, who will do the most good with the funds. Each person that wants to be considered as a recipient should submit a 500 word post explaining why they should be selected.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Unity Evermore said:

The L$ should be allocated on the basis of effective altruism, not on the basis of who asked first. Specifically, who will do the most good with the funds. Each person that wants to be considered as a recipient should submit a 500 word post explaining why they should be selected.

The OP literally said 'first come first served' xD Congrats Persephone! 🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:

I can imagine how that would work.

*coughs*

Somebody wrote "Because... [ 499 copies of the word "Me!" )"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could just put your money and your stuff on a crossroad somewhere on mainland and watch  from a distance as everyone showing up start to lag and rubberbanding trying to get to it.. Kinda like one of those slow motion dreams where someone is chasing you and you just can't move fast enough.. then the closer and closer they get, then *poof* you wake up.. Only in this case, just when all your stuff is in reach, *Crash*.

hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.