LaraX?

Rowan Amore

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

2) if this body isn’t as ubiquitous on the clothing market as OG Lara was, will you stick it out with the new body or go back to OG Lara?

Β  Β I'll have to see it in-world to decide whether or not I prefer the new version, I suspect I will though. Then I'll just have to try on what clothes do work with the new shape and what ones don't, and save the current version of the body for when I want to wear any of those (unless the clothes too get updated, but I highly doubtΒ allΒ the clothes will be).Β 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

so, when the new LaraX is released, will the old Lara still be available, and the new buyers will be able to choose between Lara and LaraX? Or will LaraX replace the 5.3, thus phasing out the older version?

Β  Β The 'old' (current) version will remain, so there'll be no trouble to continue using that for current clothing.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

I don't think I've ever seen any stores drop Maitreya. Maybe I'm shopping in the wrong places though.

Β 

While it is still (thankfully) rare, I have come across a few stores in my travels that do not sell clothing for the Maitreya Lara body.

The "big three" in female mesh bodies at this point are Maitreya Lara, Meshbody Legacy, and eBody Reborn, with almost all stores creating apparel for them.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β The 'old' (current) version will remain, so there'll be no trouble to continue using that for current clothing.

But will there still be a market? And no - please don't tell me about the creator backlog that will remain around for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'm not lying, the differences are minor and if you bothered to look at how the clothes fit you'd agree.

I have, and no I do not agree. Small change can equal a huge difference. You don't have the body. You haven't even seen the body in person. You are basing your opinion on pictures, gifs, and clothing.Β 

There is a reason many say .. no demo .. no buyo. Putting on a piece of rigged clothing in a size made for your body does not always mean that the clothing fits well. You have no idea how well that clothing you tried fits the actual body.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

2) if this body isn’t as ubiquitous on the clothing market as OG Lara was, will you stick it out with the new body or go back to OG Lara?

I'll stay with OG Lara. I have things I know won't/can't be updated to Lara X (mermaid tails, if those don't fit, for example - with the creator gone from SL, there won't be updates and I'm not feeling swapping to another brand right now), so staying on 5.3 until the majority of creators in my preferred niches are comfy with Lara X isn't a biggie for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

1) is this body going to be an instant buy or a wait and see how it does purchase?

My 3 female avatars all have Lara 5.3 already, and will get the update automatically.

As Persephone, I'm eager to try the new Lara X to see how I can shape it, but I will likely still use Belleza Freya as my primary body.

Alycia and Tasha - who both use Lara 5.3 now - will gradually collect Lara X clothing, but continue to use Lara 5.3 as long as most of their clothing fits the older body better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

But will there still be a market? And no - please don't tell me about the creator backlog that will remain around for a while.

Short answer - no.Β 

A mesh clothing maker will assume that everyone who now has a Lara body will also have access to a Lara X body. If they rig their new tank top for a Lara X body, it will be a market of many bodies and few clothes. If they maintain the old rigging they'll be in competition with eight years worth of tank tops and lose the custom of those who want something for the new body.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I'm interested for my alt that has the body. Does anyone know yet if the shoes will fit and if it can be made curvier.. especially up top?

The hands and feet are not supposed to be changing. The breast slider is supposed to be more responsive, so encreasing bust size will likely make them show through older tops. The butt will be rigged to the butt bone and be responsive to physics, so if you have physics enabled, it may show through older pants and skirts.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I'm interested for my alt that has the body. Does anyone know yet if the shoes will fit and if it can be made curvier.. especially up top?

Gryphon has said in Discord that feet and hands have stayed the same, so shoes and hand jewelry should have no fitting issues.Β 

As far as curvier on top, those who know can't tell you, and those who don't know .. well they don't know! But, since there's some clothing out already, you could get a demo and play with the sliders on said demo clothing. But keep in mind that demo clothing may or may not fit properly. You just won't know for sure until the bodies are actually out.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Short answer - no.Β 

A mesh clothing maker will assume that everyone who now has a Lara body will also have access to a Lara X body. If they rig their new tank top for a Lara X body, it will be a market of many bodies and few clothes. If they maintain the old rigging they'll be in competition with eight years worth of tank tops and lose the custom of those who want something for the new body.

Instead they try to force us to buy new pants with the tank top, which might as well mean no sale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Instead they try to force us to buy new pants with the tank top, which might as well mean no sale.

Β  Β Using Lara X is entirely optional though, there's nothing stopping anyone from continuing to use 5.3 (or even older versions). The market may change, but since it's a free body for anyone who already owns Maitreya jumping back and forth between the two to wear whichever ones one's clothes fit with is going to be easy enough. Unless you're going to wear transparent trousers for 5.3 with a top for X there shouldn't be much of a problem.Β 

• Like 8

More new items for Lara X out on the marketplace now.

Think maybe there has been a time allowance given for creators to get a solid wardrobe of stuff out before release? I'd guess Maitreya being Maitreya they'll probably want an event or something to coincide with the release too or at least shortly afterwards.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

At the risk of starting some Dramz, there’s a couple things I’ve been wondering:Β 

1) is this body going to be an instant buy or a wait and see how it does purchase?

The first question is primarily for those who never owned Lara.

The second question is primarily for the people that wear Maitreya as their primary body, but of course anyone can answer.

Since I own Lara, I can not reply to 1. But I think most of those who own Reborn, Legacy, Kupra etc etc, already own Lara. They got tired of it, and changed to another body.

They moved on. Will they use Lara X now? Who knows.

It has been some negative talk about Lara, that it is an old body and that newer bodies are better. Lara X will now be the new body, and I guess it can get people who never owned Lara, to buy Lara X. And it is said that Lara X will be easier to make a curved shape with.

Maitreya will not raise the price too high. They will not do as Belleza and try to sell Lara X for 5500 L. Maybe the price on Lara X will rise with some hundred L. I assume Maitreya will have a Black Friday sale this year as previous years, and I think Lara X will be included in the sale. If it is not released for Black Friday, it will be a Christmas sale. All this is only me speculating.

For your question 2, I will use both.

I hope that creators will put Lara X clothes on the market quickly. But I doubt many creators will upgrade previous releases to Lara X. Maybe a few will do it with the latest releases. Not enough to make a difference. I have a lot of clothes for Lara, and will not dump them. It is said that Maitreya works with creators to refine the rigging and making it easier to work with. I have never tried to rig clothes, but I have heard that Lara is difficult to rig for. Lara X will be more creator friendly.

Since I use Bom, and since it is a body with all in one, it is going to be very easy to switch between them. I do not need to use appliers, the Bom skin will work as well on both. I only use materials layers once in a while. Going between the two bodies will be as easy as changing hair.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

While it is still (thankfully) rare, I have come across a few stores in my travels that do not sell clothing for the Maitreya Lara body.

I won't name them but it's still good for comedy value. I have one old dress bought for Freya that included a notecard listing a long pile of complaints, moral, technical, and conspiracy, for why the store would NEVER EVER support Maitreya.

You can still get that dress and last I checked even the demo still has the notecard. Almost the entire rest of the shop is Maitreya only. Somebody needs to edit the notecards in their old products. :)

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I hope the creators I frequent will go back and rerig their most recent releases for LaraX, and I wouldn't mind paying for that, either. Like many, I also have eight years of scouring creators' releases and enough clothes to last until LL shuts off the lights for SL.Β  As new items become available, I will go back and forth between Lara 5.3 and LaraX.Β  I would be daft to ditch the closet of clothing I have for Lara 5.3.Β  I've DEMO'd other mesh bodies and my preference is Maitreya Lara. I've worn her since she was released. I am not changing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I won't name them but it's still good for comedy value. I have one old dress bought for Freya that included a notecard listing a long pile of complaints, moral, technical, and conspiracy, for why the store would NEVER EVER support Maitreya.

You can still get that dress and last I checked even the demo still has the notecard. Almost the entire rest of the shop is Maitreya only. Somebody needs to edit the notecards in their old products. :)

Β 

Ha ha! Copy and post the text without the store name? 😏

• Like 2

As a Maitreya-only gal, I'll grab both the LaraX and LaraXPetite body updates as soon as they hit the market. As an artist I'm mostly looking forward to tweaks to the shoulders and overall shape, and very happy that rigging for clothes will be easier (does this mean more Petite selection? one can hope).

I have more than enough outfits in every category to run with 5.3 as long as need be. So many clothes for Lara 5.3 in fact, that I have broken my major clothing outfit folder structure down to include a favourites folder and a standard one; i.e., Casual/Favourites and Casual/Regular. I rarely peek into the Regular one anymore for an outfit since I have so many in faves.

When I can buy or replace maybe 33% of the clothing in my favourites folders, or heck even a handful of my really really faves, I'll make the switch to LaraX full time. Honestly, I'd have more than enough variety of outfits if even only one in four of my Favourite outfits were available for LaraX.

Later ... It will be very interesting to see how some of my utterly favourite clothing brands adapt to and support Lara. Not the big mainstream women's clothing brands (I have nothing against the big name, just prefer smaller more interesting fashion designs), more specifically the ones that make smaller collections but provide quality and often times quite unique styles.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KenzieFoxx said:

Will we get the new body if we own the Maitreya for free? That seems to be what I am reading. Thanks!

Yes, it'll be a re-delivery and should automatically appear in your Inventory with a notice. I remember from your Fashion post that you bought the Petite add-on and that you will have to go into the store and re-deliver there, but it's a separate body and not an add on this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 5:23 PM, steeljane42 said:

It is indeed style dependent. Like I said before in some other thread, I do know some smaller creators who have dropped Maitreya in the last 1-2 years, and their sales weren't affected much as they just don't make things that appeal to general Maitreya crowd.

Quick check of my recent stuff.

Minuit, Bonnie (ex Otaku), Renie, CX, Val'more, MUSE, Gaia, Unholy, Cruel, Killjoy, Nar Mattaru, Skellybones, Sulfur, Lunafell, Soapberry, Mekaci, Rokins, Crybunbun, Triggered, Insomnia Angel, Imbue, Tanaka, Ghoul, Valentine (V-tech).

Some of those never supported Maitreya in the first place, but most did and not anymore. Out of that short (and far far from full) list above I was mostly surprised Valentine and Gaia dropped it, the rest are somewhat expected.

I was just at the Biggirl event.. Gaia I think is just doing what a few do, which is rig certain outfits that way.. Their recent release at Biggirl has Maitreya Lara in it..

Then also seen at K9 that they have a release that doesn't have Maitreya.

They could just be finding it easier for some outfits to just rig for these certain bodies or they could be testing to see if their sales get impacted by taking Lara out and putting it back in..

I didn't really want to necro your post, but seen a concern for Gaia and figured I would give you a bump..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was just at the Biggirl event.. Gaia I think is just doing what a few do, which is rig certain outfits that way.. Their recent release at Biggirl has Maitreya Lara in it..

Then also seen at K9 that they have a release that doesn't have Maitreya.

They could just be finding it easier for some outfits to just rig for these certain bodies or they could be testing to see if their sales get impacted by taking Lara out and putting it back in..

I didn't really want to necro your post, but seen a concern for Gaia and figured I would give you a bump..:)

No worries about necro-ing the post, but as far as this Gaia release goes - it's not a new one, just updated 2022's release, which had/has Maitreya in it. She does that for B-tier events like BigGirl. For anything actually new she has dropped Maitreya for a bit by now, not sure if in preparation for the X's release, or "just because".

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 1