Victorian Funfair at Merrymount

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, it hasn't crashed, but until the map updates we can enter from Carrollton Bay, where there is a bridge to it (tho on my viewer the bridge did not look complete).  However, Abnor just arrived, maybe he'll finish the bridge?  There will also be a bridge to Vic Island, once that's built out.   And of course there are water rez zones.  Hopefully there will be more water regions filling in around it, but I don't think any are there yet.

It's gorgeous.  I don't have time to really explore this morning, but it has lovely gardens in addition to the greenhouse, and the FunFair looks like a hoot.  There are pennyfarthing bicycles to ride - oh, and have your sound on when you do the fair rides!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Where is it - no link was provided and map search isn't returning a result. ??

The blog post will, I am told, be updated once the map has updated and it's possible to TP to the region with a slurl, but in the meantime, make your way to Carrollton Bay and then approach the region from there.

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Nestled just across from Carrollton Bay, Merrymount is a wonderful place for afternoon tea, a lazy Sunday playing games harkening back to the 1800’s, or taking in a nighttime fireworks display. Now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carrollton Bay/100/66/83 will get you in sight of Merrymount - Very nice. I especially like the carnival and the fairytale statues. I was grousing "there should be peacocks" and lo - there were peacocks! My only disappointment was that I couldn't figure out how to shoot off the cannon. 

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carrollton Bay/100/66/83 will get you in sight of Merrymount - Very nice. I especially like the carnival and the fairytale statues. I was grousing "there should be peacocks" and lo - there were peacocks! My only disappointment was that I couldn't figure out how to shoot off the cannon. 

Someone was able to shoot them off.  There were no Lindens or Moles around, so maybe you have to be in a special super-sekret group to work them.

• Like 5

I'm sure this is the SSPVCR I saw being developed. Yay! we have a Victorian Community Region now, soon to be connected to the new Victorian island. 

MerrymountVictorianCommunityRegion_001.thumb.jpg.7fb241012b577fa5926f9cc10ead2e6a.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carrollton Bay/184/70/2021 (neighboring region since the new one doesn't show on the map yet)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Since the official post does not allow comments, I would like to see how people are enjoying the Victorian Funfair at Merrymount!

ENJOYING SO MUCH ❤️

This is wonderful.  So full of joy.  I am especially impressed (as usual) by the sound effects and soundscape generally.  What excellent work ❤️

Edit to add applause for all the wee details there are to explore and admire.

pied piper.jpg

Edited by Lyric Demina
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Since the official post does not allow comments, I would like to see how people are enjoying the Victorian Funfair at Merrymount!

I hope to get one. It always seems like they're fresh out of them when I've been looking and I end up with log cabins which I like, but a change would be nice.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.