What I LIKE or LOVE about Bellisseria

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Iv said this so many times already i guess ppl are tired of it (thats why i didnt respond immediately...). If it wasnt for Bellisseria I wouldnt be here (😍Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant😍).

With that said, at one point I saw the benefits of mainland once again. It was when i built my Embassy for Peace and Human Rights in Belli (Newbrooke) and it was concidered "to political" (I just had to imprison Putin in a dark room inside my Embassy, I couldnt help myself). So I moved it to mainland instead, prison and all. So nowadays I say "Yay" to Bellisseria and "Yay" to mainland too. They both has immense values to me ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

Iv said this so many times already i guess ppl are tired of it (thats why i didnt respond immediately...). If it wasnt for Bellisseria I wouldnt be here (😍Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant😍).

With that said, at one point I saw the benefits of mainland once again. It was when i built my Embassy for Peace and Human Rights in Belli (Newbrooke) and it was concidered "to political" (I just had to imprison Putin in a dark room inside my Embassy, I couldnt help myself). So I moved it to mainland instead, prison and all. So nowadays I say "Yay" to Bellisseria and "Yay" to mainland too. They both has immense values to me ❤️

Technically, aren't LL Premium Homes Regions "Mainland"? 

Unpopular Opinion: Traditional "rent or buy from other people" Mainland "just" has terrible / unenforceable Covenants compared to LL Premium Homes Regions.

But otherwise, the "urban landscape" / consistency of design, etc. aspects of LL homes sure beats the chaos of "traditional Mainland".

• Like 3

I can certainly echo what everyone else has already said here!  I especially love:

Beautiful homes and landscaping and a covenant that keeps the regions tidy, especially the skyboxes kept at a good height, even my own

I love all of the rez zones and the mole-built rides along the rivers and railroads and the cute little spots to find and enjoy everywhere

The great variety of community, resident run fun stuff like dances, train rides, boat parades

I LOVE HOPPING!  I have hopped my way through every theme and made return hops too.  Houseboats are my fall-back choices, they are lovely!

I LOVE MOLE WATCHING!  That is the best sport in the universe!

I am a PP+ resident so having the extra 1,024 sq mtrs available has gotten me exploring mainland again, especially waterlots around Blake Sea

• Like 8

Posting a pic of my Linden Homes which I think are adorable, and I am enjoying my unspoiled views and built in wonderful landscaping! I added a lot of decor because I like decorating them inside and out like little dolls houses. I enjoy making digital art in Second Life. :)

1941f35b7191262b6486eb0f7c9501e5.jpg

ff9da38113c1fce068bbb9be840a9277.jpg

746754de4e10b19873298d6a37b3344e.jpg

00fbfd979d7e1632d308bbe082f21be0.jpg

37fab4169b4784e4e569676e9f08c86f.jpg

2b528f0326defcaf5c620b4fe14cff0e.jpg

99754d5030ab96cc826b4742ea37b9d9.jpg

• Like 18

The landscaping is gorgeous, having a home that does not count against your Li is really nice, it is almost like having a parcel of land on the mainland that doubles the allottable Li on your parcel;  all without the outrageous expense one would have to pay for otherwise which could be an investment of hundreds of dollars.  Since my parcel in Bellisseria is only 512m^2, this is of great significance as houses can take a huge amount of the allocated allowance.  The house I use is 167 Li, which would otherwise nearly deplete what I would have had left over. There are plenty of themes to choose from, and each them provides a variety of houses, which can further be customized to be more to your liking.  

Boating is an enjoyable experience among the many rivers as well as water surrounding the continents, it is especially nice when you know you will not be kicked out by mistakenly crossing into a property with a 0 second security orb or having your boat accidently hit banlines.  In addition to boating, there are so many trails one can ride their horse, and while I find driving to be a bit difficult in parts of Bellisseria, it offers the advantage of having a few accidents without consequence as much like boating it is free from zero second security orbs if you mistakenly drive into someone's property.  Flying is opened for everyone, one could fly without very much concern of hitting low hanging skyboxes and again, no 0 second security orbs.  The railway is extensive, so if one just wants to casually travel while having a less hands on approach to navigation it is possible.

It is a great place to just wander around, without much concern of being met with a rude message generated by a security orb and being transported back to your home.  The landscaping as noted is gorgeous, when I just want to relax and not strain my eyes trying to fit through narrow passage ways while boating in order to avoid the security orbs.

Snapshot_1683.thumb.png.03eea018c204e859f988f9da65fc7c58.png

In addition to all of the above, when I do want some customization having the ability to build a skybox in the sky provides a creative outlet for me.  The original Linden homes did not allow for one to do so.  

• Like 9

I love the different themes and that they are all interconnected. You can drive, fly or sail around the whole of Bellisseria, and onwards onto the rest of Mainland. 

I love how easy it is to abandon and try again for something different, at no additional financial cost, if I get bored with the location. And I love that the house doesn't count against my land impact. Decorating a Linden Home is far easier than decorating a 1024m parcel on regular mainland.

I love the community. Not just the events but the other things like parade of homes, the Gazette, the BBB etc. I have made some lovely friends during my years in Bellisseria.

I love the little public places that the Moles have dotted around the various regions. I love having neighbours whose houses are in the same theme as mine, rather than an expanse of abandoned land or, worse, some ugly blocks as far as the eye can see.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So in addition to getting 2048 land without additional Tier fees, I get 2x the number of the standard Prim allotment on my land.

So if your purpose for getting PP was to get 2048 of included tier, you overpaid. Getting 2048 of included tier by buying two Premiums is significantly less expensive. The Object Bonus is in no way related to Premium Plus.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

So if your purpose for getting PP was to get 2048 of included tier, you overpaid. Getting 2048 of included tier by buying two Premiums is significantly less expensive. The Object Bonus is in no way related to Premium Plus.

No, my purpose was to get 2048 tier AND double prim allowance (by buying 2x land).  Yes, the two are "unrelated".

For "two accounts" to share the 2048 tier, I would have needed to deed the land to group, etc. I don't want to do the "two accounts, bonus land" game.  That is just silly for 1 person in my opinion.  Sorry if my terminology is wrong here, but I'm just not interested in that approach.  

Until one day when I "need" two premium accounts, 1 Premium Plus Account suits me just fine.  It meets my needs and I got what I want. 

So, since I am very happy with the result, and did not need to get two Premium accounts, I did not "overpay".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, my purpose was to get 2048 tier AND double prim allowance (by buying 2x land).  Yes, the two are "unrelated".

For "two accounts" to share the 2048 tier, I would have needed to deed the land to group, etc. I don't want to do the "two accounts, bonus land" game.  That is just silly for 1 person in my opinion.  Sorry if my terminology is wrong here, but I'm just not interested in that approach.  

Until one day when I "need" two premium accounts, 1 Premium Plus Account suits me just fine.  It meets my needs and I got what I want. 

So, since I am very happy with the result, and did not need to get two Premium accounts, I did not "overpay".

You did overpay, but you don't want to utilize group so that's okay for your purpose. As long as you know. I would definitely do the 2 accounts for 2048 and get that sweet stipend on each account. Why pay more when you can pay less?

Edited by AzureWaves
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you're happy with you're choice, then that's all that counts.

Using 2 accounts with the group land bonus would be my choice for mainland, but it is a bit more complicated than just having one account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What I like about Bellisseria:

• The themes, you can tell the moles and Lindens put a lot of thought into the design and landscaping, I especially like that the sounds are different for each theme and that sometimes there are surprises, like fireflies!
  • I love to decorate, and having the surrounding area outside the house be gorgeous makes it easier to be inspired
  • Hopping is a lot of fun!  Sometimes a house looks perfect, ticks all the boxes, whatever, then when you get into it, it just doesn't feel "right".  I like being able to pull up stakes and try again.
  • The community and all the fun activities
  • The mystery of What is Coming in the future and how SOON lol
  • I feel like I am getting a lot of value and entertainment for my dollars/lindens, I don' travel much (or since COVID at all), and if it is miserably cold and rainy in RL I can go to a sandy beach house!  Instead of spending a lot of $ and effort trying to decorate the RL house for the holidays (and maybe falling off a ladder while trying to hang lights), I can do a house in Belli up with all my favorite Xmas trees and decors and put my Zooby cat into a silly red and green outfit and it feels very festive  :)   
  • Like 13

(Just a reminder.. the theme of this thread is intended to be things we like/love about Bellisseria. I know it is SO easy to wander into other topics, especially when someone posts something that reminds us of them. But please try to stick to the topic on this thread.)

And expanding on what Malayaa just said.. I totally agree with her. I also love how easy it is to change houses when they dont feel 'quite right;. Similarly, sometimes I start out loving a place. but after a while I get tired of it and want to move on to a new one. It is really nice how easy it is to do that.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fix typo
  • Like 9

This thread is long overdo. 

It's a shame that those with negative things to say tend to be the most vocal, but this is the case with almost every forum I have ever read.  I think the anonymity that the internet provides results in people expressing themselves in ways that they wouldn't if they were having a face-to-face conversation.  That does not mean that we should not provide critical feedback, but we can probably all do a better job of doing it in a manner that isn't insulting, entitled, or ungrateful.  

I'll also say that it's not just the Lindens and moles impacted by the negativity.  It affects most of us.  

My likes and  loves have essentially been expressed by others, but there is no harm in piling on, especially if it helps offset some of the negative comments that are so prevalent.   

• I love to decorate, and the Bellisseria homes provide the perfect canvas.  While most will disagree with this one, I'll even go far as to say that I love the LI limit.  Overcoming the challenge that it presents is very rewarding.
  • I love the endless sprawling connected neighborhoods with different themes, each with their own unique feel.
  • I love the truly useable public spaces and the inspiration to my inner explorer that they provide.  The hidden surprises in the water, on the water, and all over the landscape are simply wonderful.
  • I love the seemingly endless network of vehicle pathways.  I spend countless hours travelling the Bellisserian waters, roads, paths, rails, airspace, and natural terrain.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
spelling, grammar, etc.
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I was very bored with SL a few years ago. That was until I discovered Belliserria. I came in about the time the Log homes were released. I was immediately smitten with how well the whole project looked. I adored feeling like part of a community and living in a interconnected neighborhood. I truly believe Belliserris is one of the best things Linden Lab did for it's residents.

I love the feeling Belliserria gives me. I don't feel sequestered on some mainland or estate parcel where I have to wall off my area so I can avoid looking at builds that are less than pleasing. I feel like Belliserria opened up SL to me and made it an immersive place to explore. It stoked my creative fires and kept me quite occupied for a long long time.

I can no thank Linden Lab enough for Belliserria. You did well! Bravo!

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 16

I would like to add that I have LOVED everything about the start of Bellisseria with the Traditionals to everything up until now.  Never had any complaints, I just think what an amazing job Patch, the moles and the Lindens have done.   I love the choice of homes, the prim allowance that you have to work to to decorate successfully. I enjoy all the landscaping, and the variety.   I love the sense of belonging to a community or family, even if I don't participate much, I still like to see what is going on and occasionally wander out of my comfort zone to join in.   I have loved the chase for a property on release dates.  I love that it feels like a second home that is a constant.

I think if Bellisseria hadn't arrived I would have lost interest in Secondlife for a while, but being here has made me want to stay and continue enjoying what it has to offer.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I didn't fall in love with Belli until the Stilts release, and everything after.  No complaints on the designs, houses, landscaping.  They've done an amazing job and look forward to the next theme :)  I will say whoever came up with the idea of Belli, I have to imagine it has become a cash cow for Linden Lab, (considering there were times I had multiple premium accounts) should have received a nice raise!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

(😍Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant, Covenant😍).

Sorry i have to do this. 

• Haha 5

I forgot to mention earlier I LOVE THE SOUNDSCAPES.  So much so that I've added sounds to my trad, and to my houseboat in Kuga, where sadly I don't hear any Mole sounds.

One reason why I've kept my Log Home in Lost Caves so long is because it has lovely, soft coastal forest sounds.  Seagulls far away, nearer soft twitters and crickets.  Plus my lighthouse.  Lighthouse keepers cannot desert their post!

I do hope the Palm Springs Newbrookes have some of the urban soundscape that the rest of the Newbrookes have.  OK, there're one or two loud cat yowls, but overall I think it was a daring departure, and quite fun.

When traversing Fantasseria, I'm always listening.  You just have to move 15m down the road to hear an entirely different balance of sounds, and even in a single parcel the variation between night and day is very ear-catching.  Fantasseria reminds me of a production of Midsummer Nights Dream I saw long ago.

The scenes for King Oberon and Queen Titania took place in a forest, with extras costumed as fae plants and/or beings. This is a not uncommon choice, but this production had unusually hypnotic sounds.  One extra made insect clicks and whirrs, another made soft whistles, there was an occasional gurgle noise, and someone made a whooosh like wings.  No birds. They were individually mic'd, and as they slowly, haltingly moved about the stage the sound person fiddled with the volume of each.  I saw the production twice, and each time one extra with furry feet stomped once softly on the stage at (evidently) a time of their choosing, because it differed on the two nights.  King Oberon gave him a firm glare each time. An Oberon and Titania build would be fun to do there.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Got here a little late. The only thing I can think of (besides everything everybody already mentioned, and maybe somebody already did mention) are the new open floor plans. Love my trads even more now, and eagerly looking forward to the open Vic.

Great thread. Thank you, Teresa!

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.