What I LIKE or LOVE about Bellisseria

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the Lindens mentioned that they are seeing a lot of complaints and negativity on the forums about Bellisseria. So I thought it would be FUN to have a thread where we ONLY give positive feedback about Bellisseria. Sure, there are valid complaints or concerns, but please keep them on one of the other threads -- for this thread, please post only things you like or love about Bellisseria.

Offhand I could think dozens and dozens of things I like or love about Bellisseria, but for this post I will limit myself to only 5:

1) I love the new houseboats! They combine the best parts of the stilts with the best parts of the  houseboats and I particularly love the Dock Holiday one. I also love how they have been doing the new houseboat regions with all of those beautiful plants and trees and grass and stuff near the boats.

2) I love the beautiful mole landscaping in so many of the regions and styles. I especially love the vic neighborhoods, especially the coastal ones and the Trad neighborhoods near the lakes and streams.

3) I love some of the cute little things the moles throw in for us to find when I am out exploring. For example, there is a very cute Hipster Trap located in the park-like areas just outside of the Newbrook community center (and pictured below). There is a balloon ride located along the river in the Chalet area. There are dinosaur bones located along one of the railroad tracks. There are 3-eyed mutant fish in Permaglow. The list goes on... all sorts of fun thing to find.

4) I love sense of community in Bellisseria. I am so glad that we have a Bellisseria Citizens group to socialize and get to know each other. I love that there is a Bellisseria Entertainers and Events group to let us know about parties and other fun things to do.

5) I love that there are resident volunteers (such as the Bellisseria Bureau of Bureaucrats or BBB) that create fun things for us to do, such as collecting passport stamps or touring some of the beautifully decorated resident homes.

If you have some positive feedback for the moles, lindens or residents who have invested of themselves into Bellisseria, please consider sharing it here in this thread....

Hipster Trap_002 (2).png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

I liked the early treasure hunts they did - always fun, more so than the recent ones with winners. It was one riddle to solve and one gift hidden somewhere in Belli so everyone who found it got the same reward and those who struggled were helped along by others and no one ruined it with spoilers. 

I also love spotting certain fauna that is strictly linden /mole and that can't be found in the content packs as frustrating as that can be. Peachy Rhododendron being the obvious one. 

And I love the sense of humour too, (those poor snowmen come to mind) 🐧

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On the practical side, I love that my house doesn't count against the Li allowance. 

But I also love that I can abandon land and try for something different several times per day without losing anything. I agree on the cute little surprises here and there. It's fun just to wander, especially on the first couple of Belli continents. I like to watch the landscape change from one theme to another. That always features into my decision to stay at a location- whether I can see other themes from my parcel.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I love living in the middle of a huge interconnected geography.  It brings out the explorer in me.

And I love the community in these forums, always have even before Belli, and that if/when I build little things that others might enjoy I can put them out at my home to share. And people will actually stop by!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The mixed landscaping is great. To see the different trees and flowers together.

I love the new houseboats too. They came as a total surprise.

The wonderful way they arrange flowers by the Victorian houses.

The dirtroads in the Loglands and the fabulous Camper landscaping.

To sail from place to place.

To have 512 houses on 1024 plots!

The beauty of Sakura.

I read in another thread at the forum: "The thing people don't often notice is, anyone who complains, CARES enough to have an opinion and share it! "

I care - a lot! 😉

❤️ Bellisseria is a great thing LL has made. And I want LL to succeed, because I want to be in SL in many, many more years. ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Another thing to mention is that they listen to what we like and dislike and build as a response. I was so happy that houseboats and railroads came together - and campers with log landscapes and all the other mixtures, plus the updates to existing models

Edited by Chloe Bunny
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

All I have are Linden Homes!

I tried ALL the THEMES, even the older ones--I love the interconnected and endless neighborhoods. 

I never met people on mainland and rentals like I have met them in Bellis. You can't buy the protected views of Bellis for 2342412423424523534534645 Linden on mainland. LOL

I have several LHs all with lovely views and they will never be spoiled. I like that the landscaping is cohesive, and the lighting and terrain are nice in Bellis.

I have had rentals, a homestead, and endless mainland of various sizes and locations. Nothing keeps me as entertained as chasing and decorating LHs.

My normal history of SL, was to log on every 3-4 or 5 years, get a small parcel mainland and or a rental and play on it a month or two then leave again for a few years. Not the case anymore with Bellis being part of SL.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

There's lots that I love:

- The landscaping

- The landscaping

- The land..(you get it)

- Stilt homes!!! My home is my little spot of paradise.

- Features like being able to open the windows, and having a number of styles in one theme to choose from (though I'd like more hehe)

- The covenant so it stays looking pretty, and doesn't end up looking like mainland

- The many, many  little hang out spots and where you can  sit and enjoy the view or have a snack and a drink - there are tons of them and such fun to come across whilst out exploring

- The community centers (I often stop by the Newbrooke one to have an ice-cream:) )

- Some of the community features that have evolved out of Bellisseria like passports, driving licenses, parade of homes, and more (thank you to all the volunteers who make this possible!)

Plus some of what's already been mentioned by others. I think what's been created is wonderful and have really enjoyed watching the development since the early days of the project. It may not suit everyone, but I love it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I love that Bellisseria has connected most of the Mainland Continents. 

Its contiguous landscaping and beauty makes it my favourite place to travel and explore by land, air and water vehicle to my heart's content: 🏘️ 🚗 🏚️ 🚚 🏡 🚲 🚣‍♂️ 🤽‍♂️  🌊🏄‍♀️ 🛬 🌤️ 🚁🌄 🥰🚋🛤️🤩

I love to find little surprises (Easter Eggs) which the Moles have placed 😉 so carefully for us to find 💌

I love the Community gathering places and going to the parties at them !

I love the Events Centre near the Sprockets Cafe where we can see coming Events planned in each of the Community Centres.  We really enjoyed meeting up at Sprockets for coffee to plan our day's adventures in Bellisseria... we must resurrect that part of our routine! 

I love all the Resident volunteers who organize Events and fun activities for everyone to participate in ♥♥

cdd0e7c48c73bdb00eb6722c7dc78afc.gif

a9c7603d72d2c316c7363b17092d1e39.gif

Thank you Moles, Lindens and Volunteers who work so hard to make our Second Life a joy and a pleasure every day !

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

what they said... and...

Bellisseria is a huge value

Every square meter is designed

Belli connects the continents

4-corner marker buoys in water regions

Covenant... in particular, no general banlines, 15 sec orbs, 2000m min for skyboxes

Governance enforces "no encroachment" when public space is claimed as private

Trains!

Runways!

Compelling botanicals

Mole watching/interactions

Resident builds at Fairgrounds

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

What do I like?

• Price is accessible for most residents
  • Covenant is enforced, thank god
  • Variety of styles
  • Waterfronts without paying exorbitant prices
  • Roads
  • Public spaces/rez zones in abundance
  • Responsive support, better than most estates
  • Endless speculation about new themes
  • The neighbors (some of the people here are _____ (fill in the blank))
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

+ A Linden Home is the most economical, low stress SL home for me. I had mainland before, but was I mostly just standing on my sky platform and not actually using my land.

+ If I get tired of my sky platform now, I have my cute 2-story, 2 bedroom house, with a nice yard, a pool and ocean view. It's down-sizing for me, but the neighborhood is much better. If any neighbor puts up something that's horrible to look at or causes lag, I can report it and get it removed.

+ If I ever want to move, it would be easy to abandon and try a different style in another place, but I doubt I'll ever want to give up this virtual home.

- The one this I miss is not having enough land impact to build whenever I want or even to pull out some stuff from inventory. I want a nearby Premium sandbox. Then I'll be really happy with my Linden Home.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I find most of the themes very aesthetically pleasing over all.  I'd say that's quite an accomplishment considering they are not building just for me.  Most of the themes have a couple models sized small enough that I really enjoy decorating and using them a while. Sometimes I keep one a long time but I also love that I have the option to pick another whenever I want. 

Most of all,  because they are appealing to a large number of us they have allowed me to meet and make a few close friends.  I have had regions (now a homestead) most of my time in SL and love the space to do what ever I want but its not the same as the Linden homes from a social aspect. I will keep both.

Great topic for a post Teresa.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The two things I love the most:

1. The landscaping. It’s beautiful wherever you go & I find it really relaxing because…

2. The Covenant. Those views & landscapes are protected. If you get the area you love, no one is going to build a huge, view blocking eyesore & if they try you can get it removed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Landscaping, especially in the Sakura regions! Soundscaping (except for the poor, neglected Trad regions)! The general lack of ugly junk littering the view, the general lack of griefers. (Encountered my first naked-with-erection avatar outside my Newbrooke a couple of days ago, and it was a shock because it's been literally years since that last happened to me.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

That you can Decorate a nice home inside and out and not have to worry about someone moving in next door and building a Eyesore Track that foes thousands of meters into the sky. Enforced rules making it bar none the best place to drive, Sail or fly also there is a sense of community that is rare in SL

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

I forgot to add - I also love no one under 18! Keep on keeping them out.

Wouldn't this be the case with any Moderate rated land? Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want a home on general land, unless maybe they're a tiny who doesn't have to get naked when they change clothes.

• Administrators

Thank you @Teresa Firelight for creating this thread.  The positive emotions along with taking the time, and investing the thoughtfulness and creativity everyone has responded with so far are heartwarming and inspirational to the team and I.   Thank you, to all of you who have responded so far.  ❤️

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

I had a Belli home, until I took advantage of Premium Plus by getting a double-prim Mainland parcel.

What I "like or love" about Bellisseria is, the love and caring attention to details and quality that went into not just the individual builds, but the overall layout and design of the regions.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Did I miss something? Does PP give you double prims on mainland? 

13 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

There are some mainland regions that use Object Bonus where you can buy land.

@diamond Marchant By going PP+, I was able to get 2048sqm land and the associated Max # Prims without paying additional Tier fees. As Abnor Mole points out, yes - I bought "2x Prim" Mainland. So in addition to getting 2048 land without additional Tier fees, I get 2x the number of the standard Prim allotment on my land.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.