Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've given up waiting, I've traded in my Linden Homes for more land on my Mainland. If the 2048s ever happen and they are on the water I'm just going to have to add some tier through my husband's avatar to get one.  LL did get me with the promise of the 2048s to sign up for premium plus and even though it ends up costing about $5 more for the privileges if I just bought 1400 more Linden and extra tier. It's worth it somehow to me.Getting the $650 every week keeps me from spending too much So their misleading promise which was a long time ago roped me in I guess. I will have to be bowled over to go back to a Linden Home, just got burned out from the waiting and lack of prims. also I had decorated every Theme and most every home available in each theme. Probably just need a break lol probably be back in a few. Like all the times I tried to leave SL. just like it here too much. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

............. So their misleading promise which was a long time ago roped me in I guess. I will have to be bowled over to go back to a Linden Home, just got burned out from the waiting and lack of prims. also I had decorated every Theme and most every home available in each theme. Probably just need a break lol probably be back in a few. Like all the times I tried to leave SL. just like it here too much. 

I know I would feel just the same as you, if I had bought PPlus. 💔

What stopped me, was the price. I had expected to pay more, but not the price of two Premiums, and 50 US more, for one PPlus.

Yes, they tossed in free texture uploads, and that's good for creators. I would have saved 500 L on that, maybe a bit more. Uploaded models is still the same price.

I got a Premium Victorian to play with from a kind person. 😄❤️ Maybe it is a sign that I shall buy ordinary Premium and do a round with decorating the 1024 themes again. I have had time off from them now.

The PPlus price is so high, so over the top, that it need to be amazing PPlus homes, to have me pay it. Nothing to put my finger on, and a matching stable with a pony included. 🤣

• Like 7

On 2/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

I've given up waiting, I've traded in my Linden Homes for more land on my Mainland. If the 2048s ever happen and they are on the water I'm just going to have to add some tier through my husband's avatar to get one.  LL did get me with the promise of the 2048s to sign up for premium plus and even though it ends up costing about $5 more for the privileges if I just bought 1400 more Linden and extra tier. I

Yes, the waiting is getting old, Patch said it would be by the end  of 2022

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

I've given up waiting, I've traded in my Linden Homes for more land on my Mainland. If the 2048s ever happen and they are on the water I'm just going to have to add some tier [...] to get one.  LL did get me with the promise of the 2048s to sign up for premium plus

I totally get it; I have taken to hopping around and even given up Linden Homes to try out water lots and Blake Sea rentals.  I do regret buying into P+ so early (October) and not waiting to see the actual 2048 homes and parcels.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Patch said it would be by the end  of 2022

I had the impression last fall that altho he was HOPING to introduce them by the end of the year, early 2023 was more likely.  And altho I thought that the blog said that a new theme was "just around the corner", what it ACTUALLY said was:

Could another new theme be around the corner? 

Evidently the answer to that question is, NO!  Unless the corner they were referring to was the end of Q1.  Seems like the most likely introduction will be at the SL Living Expo, March 3-12, maybe release in April?  So hopefully we can at least see the new theme in about a month.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping there'll be a Vic update and community region soon!

• Like 1

Although Patch is undoubtedly responsible for many things, he's not responsible for all of the things. Being able to delegate tasks so that your team is on point and projects are delivered on time is the mark of a great leader. Anyway, crossing fingers for the new theme :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Give him a break. He's ultra involved in everything Belli. And if I remember correctly, he said something about being at death's doorstep or something like that.

I'm not having a .. sheesh.

He doesn't make the homes. Just like Elon doesn't make the rockets. 

He tells the minions moles to make homes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am in the "something is up" camp because I cannot imagine that they intended to go this long without delivering the key feature of Premium Plus. Due to Linden Lab being a black box, we have no idea what's going on. We have a Victorian island in the works, new houseboat options, a new border waterway between chalets and newbrookes, and a new community center for the trads (for pete's sake). Was all that stuff higher priority than something that people have been waiting (and paying) for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually what was said was end of the year, early 2023, so we are still in the announced timeframe.

As I said before P+ doesn't interest me, I can have 2Homes for less than a plus, but if I wanted that house I would wait and see, and after that I would decide. If I bought plus before the houses were relesead I knew I had to wait, at least till early 2023. So, worst case scenario, March. And it is around the corner.

• Like 1

2048sqm homes may not be as close to ready as we expect 

As mentioned in another post https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/495858-what-to-do-with-2048sm/?do=findComment&comment=2557563

On 2/2/2023 at 6:40 AM, Abnor Mole said:

Hi Sapio. There is a 2048sqm Linden Home option in the works. We just have to complete making and releasing it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

2048sqm homes may not be as close to ready as we expect 

As mentioned in another post https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/495858-what-to-do-with-2048sm/?do=findComment&comment=2557563

It could be almost a year some of us have been paying before we see anything. I now regret falling for  the hype. Maybe it was because until now LL has always been on point. But this is absurd, Premium+ is the only membership not seeing any movement and it is the most expensive of their offerings, if movement doesn't  happen soon people will start dropping it.

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

It could be almost a year some of us have been paying before we see anything. I now regret falling for  the hype. Maybe it was because until now LL has always been on point. But this is absurd, Premium+ is the only membership not seeing any movement and it is the most expensive of their offerings, if movement doesn't  happen soon people will start dropping it.

i know i will    ,i think its madness to pay for three accounts 450  euro's a year   ,im really going to drop some and go back to one account only this year   , thanks Lindenlab  

I have been wrong before, so do not bet money on it:

Demos unveiled in the Home & Garden Expo in March.

The first regions ready and released for Bellisseria's 4 year anniversary, 15th April.

If they can't make it in time for the Expo, it will be demos unveiled on Bellisseria's 4th anniversary.

Something should happen to celebrate the anniversary. A thing like open floorplans, in an existing theme, will not cut it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have been wrong before, so do not bet money on it:

Demos unveiled in the Home & Garden Expo in March.

The first regions ready and released for Bellisseria's 4 year anniversary, 15th April.

If they can't make it in time for the Expo, it will be demos unveiled on Bellisseria's 4th anniversary.

Something should happen to celebrate the anniversary. A thing like open floorplans, in an existing theme, will not cut it.

A FYI, the gal that has put together the Home Expo for many of the "longest running event" years will not be doing it and it has been "reimagined" into something else that doesn't seem much like home and garden now  looking at the sponsors which I have never heard of.  :D. 

She will be doing a Home and Garden event like Expo but not RFL and in May.   So folks like me that were wondering, that's the deal. 

https://sl-living-expo.org/     RFL event

http://luxasl.com/Plaza/  non-RFL event 

From Google

The SL Living Expo (a re-imagined Home and Garden Expo) is a Relay For Life in Second Life Mega Event in March 2023 that benefits The American Cancer Society.

It is also a very SHORT term event compared with Expo so it wouldn't be a good fit for the unveiling methinks. 

Timelines are very fluid with The Lab and roadmaps change all the time so while I won't be premium again, I would have never actually expected to see the new 2048 homes any time soon after P+ was announced.  Sorry for the folks that had their hopes up.  Maybe June with the birthday bash?  

And now with Sansar announcing mobile in April (here too it hasn't happened yet) LL may be focusing more on that -- which would make some folks happy I am sure.   I am happy on my half a mainland sim shared with a premium friend and I have opted out of RL news. Life is much calmer and more fun.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and removed name
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And now with Sansar announcing mobile in April (here too it hasn't happened yet) LL may be focusing more on that

I thought LL sold Sansar to some other company!

51 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

From Google

The SL Living Expo (a re-imagined Home and Garden Expo) is a Relay For Life in Second Life Mega Event in March 2023 that benefits The American Cancer Society.

I can't imagine how "re-imagining" things could possibly go wrong. </snark>

• Haha 2

I don't regret falling for the hype :)  I regret a lot of things in SL ... but buying-in early to the P+ isn't one of them.  How else would The Lab know how much of a priority to make something if they can't generate an immediate interest in the thing?  And by immediate interest, I mean put the money there and prove the interest in it, for those who are able and want to.   It's only my opinion and I know not everybody shares it, that's ok; but I look forward to any scrap of new news about the 2048 homes that is out there to be squeezed from thin air and I live on that scrap for weeks at a time with my free texture uploads and more-than-i-can-fill group slots :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lyric Demina said:

I don't regret falling for the hype :)  I regret a lot of things in SL ... but buying-in early to the P+ isn't one of them.  How else would The Lab know how much of a priority to make something if they can't generate an immediate interest in the thing?  And by immediate interest, I mean put the money there and prove the interest in it, for those who are able and want to.   It's only my opinion and I know not everybody shares it, that's ok; but I look forward to any scrap of new news about the 2048 homes that is out there to be squeezed from thin air and I live on that scrap for weeks at a time with my free texture uploads and more-than-i-can-fill group slots :D

Same here - I upgraded to P+ almost immediately, then bought some 2048 land with double-prims.  No tier fees!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought LL sold Sansar to some other company!

Sansar sold to /Wookey three years ago or so. Wookey sold again last year. My point was that the other company SAYS it will have a mobile ap in April. Sansar is already on smart TV.  So all that "may" have influenced where LL's e priorities are.  I have no specific info on that.  I hope everyone gets to see those houses SOON (tm).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Sansar sold to /Wookey three years ago or so. Wookey sold again last year. My point was that the other company SAYS it will have a mobile ap in April. Sansar is already on smart TV.  So all that "may" have influenced where LL's e priorities are.  I have no specific info on that.  I hope everyone gets to see those houses SOON (tm).  

Oh, sorry - I read your post to mean, "LL will be busy working on the Sansar move to mobile", not "LL will be busy moving SL to mobile as as response to Sansar moving to mobile.."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.