Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Wasn't there talk at some point that the 2048s might offer a selection of homes from various themes?

I sure the next release is going to be 2048 m parcels with "Ranch" style houses (whatever this means), but it would certainly be interesting to have a region with a mix of different existing styles.

What would the environmental sounds be though? or the landscaping? Would having a mix increase the rendering time for everything?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Wasn't there talk at some point that the 2048s might offer a selection of homes from various themes?

They changed how things worked so that any theme (except fantasy) could be combined on one region. That doesn't mean they were suggesting there'd be regions with houses of random themes mixed up. I expect it'll be used for things like the edges of areas where one house type meets another. There are some regions where this happens already, but some themes didn't play nicely together apparently.

• Like 6

On 1/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, Polenth Yue said:

They changed how things worked so that any theme (except fantasy) could be combined on one region. That doesn't mean they were suggesting there'd be regions with houses of random themes mixed up. I expect it'll be used for things like the edges of areas where one house type meets another. There are some regions where this happens already, but some themes didn't play nicely together apparently.

which region is this? I honestly wish you could just rez any theme out of the rez box honestly. I would totally love to do like, a camper with 351 prims on a 1024 lot or a newbrooke when i have trads around me. But that's wishful thinking I bet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

which region is this? I honestly wish you could just rez any theme out of the rez box honestly. I would totally love to do like, a camper with 351 prims on a 1024 lot or a newbrooke when i have trads around me. But that's wishful thinking I bet. 

So far, yes, wishful thinking.

There are lots of areas where 2 themes are present in the same region - Campers and Trads, even.  But in all those cases I can think of, the 2 themes are divided from each other by a natural barrier area, and each theme has its own landscaping and parcel LI allocation. 

Thinking about how to mix themes in the same mailboxes kind of gives me a headache.  If you want neighborhoods to look decent, you'd have to limit the combinations - you wouldn't want a fantasy home to pop up in a Newbrooke area.  I could envision a neighborhood with Sakuras and Newbrookes mixed; but I have trouble thinking of campers rezzed in Trad areas.  The landscaping for Trads is very controlled and suburban - hedges, smooth paved roads, country cute fences and plants.  Campers look good in their rural/campground spaces, with dirt roads and open, unstructured plantings.  Put them in a Trad neighborhood and I think you'd get kind of a rundown-neighborhood effect.  Camper+Log homes are already present in some regions in the South of logland, and they look more natural together.

I could see Trads and Chalets mixed.  You'd lose something of the "character" of a chalet in a Trad landscape; but it would indeed get you larger homes on Trad parcels, I suppose.  And I could see Trads in the chalet landscape.

Then you have to think about if you could just plunk a Vic into a Trad neighborhood - I mean it's done occasionally in RL, but ... headache!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Sounds like Mainland---sky is the limit there!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Oh I think we are already worthy. I think we are about 250 us dollars worthy and have been for a few months.

I wasn't sure if I should react with like or cry symbol. I hope you uploaded a lot of textures these months.

If I were a creator like you, I could get some of the money's worth in free uploads.

But as I am not a creator, I am super happy that I didn't buy Premium Plus.

I guess we will see them at the SL Living Expo.

Edit: (No, I mixed up months! I am so embarassed!) 😳

That's just 9 days from now!! 🏡🏘️🏠👀

I will be very surprised if LL does not unveil them then.

So... I buy PPlus? Yes, if I like what I see. But I will not pay before I see the moles have the regions almost ready. That could be a month or more.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

I hear you on wanting to wait until the PP homes are released to pay for premium plus. However, I  would like to point out that there are other benefits that PP offers. I ran out of my 70 groups in Late November and went PP in December to get more groups. I do a lot of stuff in SL that require a lot of groups, so for me the extra groups was the motivating factor.

I dont do enough uploads to justify the price difference on uploads alone, but I do have to admit that it has been nice having free texture uploads as well.  But for me the deciding factor is the larger group allowance.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I wasn't sure if I should react with like or cry symbol. I hope you uploaded a lot of textures these months.

If I were a creator like you, I could get some of the money's worth in free uploads.

But as I am not a creator, I am super happy that I didn't buy Premium Plus.

I guess we will see them at the SL Living Expo. That's just 9 days from now!! 🏡🏘️🏠👀

I will be very surprised if LL does not unveil them then.

So... I buy PPlus? Yes, if I like what I see. But I will not pay before I see the moles have the regions almost ready. That could be a month or more.

Hey, and yes I've made use of not only the free uploads but the open sim without getting getting a full one, now just waiting on the bigger plots

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Phew, I was there for it last year with some "only-expo" art and planned to apply/attend this year and thought I'd missed some notification from the organizers, yay!

The Living Expo is open for applications and they have an artwalk thing they announced, so I'd suggest that now is a good time if you haven't applied yet. It didn't happen last year in this way with these organisers, as this is the new rethink on the Home and Garden Expo. There's now an inworld group for keeping up with it (SL Living Expo founded by THE AmericanCancer Resident) which has the main links in the group description and notices as stuff happens.

There hasn't been any comment on the expo channels about Linden displays and such. Even if they don't do a reveal, it's an obvious one for some sort of demo area with house examples. I almost wrote demon area, but that's something the moles have done before as well, so it still works.

• Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.