Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From Patch's earlier hints, personally I would expect a new Vic community region (and, if they are doing them, updates to the Vic theme similar to the Traditional updates) before Christmas.  SSPVCR is still up in the SSP developement area, SSPTCR disappeared when LL announced the new Trad Community Region.  /me glances suspiciously at Giant Squid.

Vics are so beautiful when decorated for Christmas, I really hope there will be updates to that theme soon.  But I don't think Vic updates have ever explicitly been promised.

Just glancing at the calendar, we can see:

Dec 2nd - this Friday! - the Christmas Expo opens.  The regions are on the grid (the expo theme is "Holiday Stories", so the regions are named Chapter 1, Chapter 2 ...).  It runs until the 11th, so IF Patch is going to give any hints about a new theme (presumably, 2048 Ranch homes), it would be in an interview during that time.  It's not impossible that LL would even have a preview region, but I haven't noticed a word about that.

If they DO introduce a new theme at the Expo, it feels to me like a release before Christmas would be rushing it.  But ... it's happened before.  I haven't seen any new theme buildout up in the SSP development zone, but nothing stops them from doing that elsewhere.  It just seems rushed to me, tho.  Personally, I'm not expecting a new theme until early 2023.  But LL has said very little.

Holiday Shop and Hop opens Dec. 8th and runs for weeks.  Great place to shop for decor for a new Vic layout!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JordanMcFarlin said:

If it's going to be several months before we get 702 prim Premium Plus homes, I wish they'd lets us own a standard Belli home, plus a mainland parcel to make up the total.

They do, you can, I do.  I have a 1024 parcel mainland and a Linden Home using up my tier for PP.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JordanMcFarlin said:

If it's going to be several months before we get 702 prim Premium Plus homes, I wish they'd lets us own a standard Belli home, plus a mainland parcel to make up the total.

Premium members (regular and P+) have always been able to own regular Mainland in addition to a Premium Home, without additional payment, as long as they have the tier available.

Before Premium Plus came along, many members held one of the 512 Linden Homes and used the other 512 tier for a Mainland plot.  When P+ came along, many folks that already owned a 1024 Linden Home went out and bought some mainland for using their extra 1024 tier.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

This page on the SL Christmas Expo website promises great things :)https://slchristmasexpo.com/lindensattheexpo/

New Homes, New Limited Edition Christmas Item, Lights Of Hope Linden and Santa Patch and His Molelves….
the Christmas Expo 2022 has it all!

The Lab has been busy in Santa’s Workshop and flew in with sleigh full of goodies just for the Expo!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You can see some existing theme homes all together in the falling snow here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lights of Hope Linden/129/251/24 - but as for new ones, not yet as far as I can tell...but, (edit), I would watch those green unnamed squares around the expo on the map, if anything IS coming surely it will be one of those. I watched Derrick and Abnor magic snow Bellisseria across the map into one of those connecting spaces earlier so who knows? 

Edited by Chloe Bunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

758380736_LindenAuctionPackage.png.453d2

WOW, LL, go big or go home!  I could really see a close group of friends (or certainly a couple) pooling resources to bid huge on this.

You know, @Patch Linden, ACS should create a "philanthropy in Virtual Worlds" award and give it to LL.  It would make good press, and maybe stimulate Meta etc. to fall all over themselves trying to join up.  But over the years, SL has built such a far-reaching ACS presence - relay, Fantasy Faire, ALL the events ... there's no way any other Virtual World could compete with the amount of resident involvement, every year.

This particular package could make good press for Second Life as well.  Because the best reason to bid big on this package, which is all about owning property, is if you LIVE in Second Life - and so far SL is the only virtual world that it makes sense to live in.  Not just play in.

Btw, my services are available on a consulting basis. 😁

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

You can see some existing theme homes all together in the falling snow here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lights of Hope Linden/129/251/24 - but as for new ones, not yet as far as I can tell...but, (edit), I would watch those green unnamed squares around the expo on the map, if anything IS coming surely it will be one of those. I watched Derrick and Abnor magic snow Bellisseria across the map into one of those connecting spaces earlier so who knows? 

Linden Lab has announced new themes at the Xmas Expo in 2019, 2020, and 2021 so I have a spot ready and waiting on my Bellisseria spreadsheet for this year's announcement!!  Fingers crossed so tight they hurt!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

The green map squares are ghosts of old event regions. So their placement and appearance doesn't mean anything significant. Doesn't mean they won't add in a display region, but it's not connected to the ghost regions on the map.

I've got my new Christmas Patch Bear (and there was a gingerbread pirate nearby) so I'm sorted for the season!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Auction tip - bid at the last minute. Don't ever pre-bid and let them know your budget LOL.

LOL! That's fine for eBay or something. This is for CHARITY. I don't mind "running up the bid", "overbidding" or making someone else bid more than they want. At all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

LOL! That's fine for eBay or something. This is for CHARITY. I don't mind "running up the bid", "overbidding" or making someone else bid more than they want. At all.

I went straight in for the name a region auction, (there were two that year), with something I knew had been a roundabout figure for the winner of the one the previous year. No one outbid me, I got my region and I made an agreeable donation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.