Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

My first recommendation is to find a lower LI yacht. 

I totally agree; my favorite BBX boats are the VEN at 50 LI, the ZODI at 47 LI and the TATY at 103 LI.  On my 1024 water lot, I have the VEN and the ZODI rezzed, along with a Jetski, two hanging out areas and a fully furnished house.

• Like 2

I will have a mooch to see if I can find a better boat. The problem I have at the moment is my current build which I am very attached to doesn't leave much left (8 prims), and that's after linking everything I can. I generally buy expensive furniture too which looks good and has a low Li. 

2e3efbec053e1a67010dc4a395c5da8d.jpg

398a47b8b9e8698b44105fb76dd26f55.jpg

dd793c338448aa0736e7826bb82031d1.jpg

0222e2618a6fe1880dd98a129770aa31.jpg

e2bc82c6c481d49fb060b1a0d0bfc9a0.jpg

acd59111943aa0b84eb088e4337898ef.jpg

7d72b1052420afb627879f5b7728a943.jpg

fddaaef9ca20e04bbb8452affd785b97.jpg

5622db6cdc3bb2fbae7eec9a6fe62ebd.jpg

0a03c5379fac4308593ac68c438dd3f9.jpg

ea3749a94752d7c018f673df3ac06621.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Miguel Rowley said:

However I heard something about linking specific objects or removing scripts inside the objects would decrease the prim count, but for that I think it's best for a person who has more experience on that than me to tell you.

For items that are 'modify', you can experiment with linking objects together fairly easily -- just don't do it with anything scripted unless you really know what you are doing and how the scripts work.  That includes anything with texture change ability, size changing scripts, animation scripts, etc...  Also, only do it with Copy items, so that you'll still have an original in your Inventory. 

Don't link in anything that is a Sculpt - those can cause your linksets to skyrocket in LI and you could end up overflowing your LI limit and getting things returned. 

Sometimes, the safest thing to do if you aren't sure about something is to go play around with it in a sandbox.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I hope the pharmacy around the corner sells saddles, but probably not tomorrow since it's Christmas!

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it's a play with words, and that we get modern ranch houses.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Tomorrow, next week, in 3 weeks, in two months.... 

😑

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/23/2022 at 12:44 PM, brodiac90 said:

I'd just be happy with a house boat on a plot the size of the normal 1024 but with the prims of a 2048 plot. I always have the issue of not having enough prims. My dream would be to have my house boat decorated to the standard it currently is, perhaps a bit more, but with another 200 or so prims for a really nice yatch to be moored outside. Currently, it seems you can either have a nice yatch outside and an empty home or a really nice home but no boat. 

I could be wrong, and please, if anyone has figured out how to strike the balance, please let me know. 

I hear ya! I would love to be able to rez my Zooby baby on my houseboat with it fully decorated.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Great job, very classy and sleek!  I really like  how sharp and clear your photos are and I WANT that monitor for my RL desk!!  Must be 40" wide or more!

Thank you, I have a large monitor in RL although not quite as large! 

The SL one is from a place called Dby. It's part of a whole set which is very nice if not a bit primy when all rezzed out. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SET-Ultrawide-Gamer-dby/20036059

ultrawide_gamer1j.jpg?1595647052

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, Fay Starlight said:

Ugh, if the 2048 are like barns/cowboy ranches I won't be very enthused. LOL

On 12/22/2022 at 11:59 AM, Sonmi Demina said:

BRING IT!!!!! BRING EEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!  I'm a little bit country!  I can saddle up!  Pick Me Pick Me hahahaha

6 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Im was not prepared to leave my Trad theme… I thought when I heard about PP first time. But if we Will get something like this…🤩🤩🤩🤑🤑🤑

Nothing like consensus to bring us all together.  I personally find the barn style to be a little too similar to Log Homes.  If they were to add some barns as new model options for the Log Home theme, then sure, go for it.  As a new theme, I would likely pass, but would be happy for those who really want one.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Nothing like consensus to bring us all together.  I personally find the barn style to be a little too similar to Log Homes.  If they were to add some barns as new model options for the Log Home theme, then sure, go for it.  As a new theme, I would likely pass, but would be happy for those who really want one.  

Most of all I need a place for all my dogs, cats horses etc to hang out 🙈 🐴🐝🐶🐱🦆🦋🐰🐹

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am sorry that I posted wrong over here. I am not disappointed that the houseboats got new models.

I am happy! 😊

I was disappointed that the Traditionals did not get new models, only open floors and a paint job. I know many will count open floors as separate models... But...

The new houseboats look so pretty, and the Traditionals so outdated. I was going to go for a houseboat now, to buy Premium for myself as a Christmas gift. Then I smacked myself on the head, it is no way I can have time for it before Christmas. RL does not permit it.

But I think it will be a January gift for myself, when RL is slower. 😊

Not gonna lie. I'm dissapointed too. I'm grateful for the open floor plans for customization options however I really wanted new models. :(

• Like 5

I'm using premium plus right now for the extra groups and texture uploads, etc... I also like to have the possibility there to ask for a linden home that I've scouted out somewhere although the one I'm in now is a random find houseboat. I won't change to a 2048 unless it is on the water like the Stilts or the houseboats.  I've tried living in all of the themes and always come back to the places right on the water.  I hope some of the new 2048's are right on the water not next to it. !! :)

Edited by Ethereal Silvercloud
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

I'm using premium plus right now for the extra groups and texture uploads, etc... I also like to have the possibility there to ask for a linden home that I've scouted out somewhere although the one I'm in now is a random find houseboat. I won't change to a 2048 unless it is on the water like the Stilts or the houseboats.  I've tried living in all of the themes and always come back to the places right on the water.  I hope some of the new 2048's are right on the water not next to it. !! :)

I agree, water is a big pull. I would also like a feeling of "exclusivity", that the plots is not too tight crammed in a region. It is a money issue for LL, of course. But not more than 7-8 in a region, and the protected land around need to include a lot of water.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

That explains the big green square on the map.  I was wondering if someone had done that, but wasn't curious enough to go looking for it.  The world map is great for identifying platforms that are below the covenant limit...and in this case ones that extend beyond the parcel boundaries.

That is how I found it, I thought it was my connection, but no, it was a Bellisseria new development...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

So, still no news on new 2048 houses?  I won't update to Premium Plus until then.  Renting a parcel right now.

Keep an eye on the Blogs and the Update thread - that is where the announcement will be made:

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

• Like 5

Holiday vacation days fell on Mondays this year, so people who took a 2-3 week vacation around Christmas should be getting back to work tomorrow.  Twelfth Night (Epiphany) was last Thursday.   I think we're officially "around the corner"!

I have fingers crossed that LL's presence in general will pick up next week.  Not sure there was a SUG last week, SSPVCR is still waiting to join Belli,  moles have returned to expanding/elaborating Belli, someone was in SSP83X this morning ... 

/me lays down a trail of Triple Ginger cookies leading from Patch's desk to Flickr.   Hmmm?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
On 1/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Holiday vacation days fell on Mondays this year, so people who took a 2-3 week vacation around Christmas should be getting back to work tomorrow.  Twelfth Night (Epiphany) was last Thursday.   I think we're officially "around the corner"!

I have fingers crossed that LL's presence in general will pick up next week.  Not sure there was a SUG last week, SSPVCR is still waiting to join Belli,  moles have returned to expanding/elaborating Belli, someone was in SSP83X this morning ... 

/me lays down a trail of Triple Ginger cookies leading from Patch's desk to Flickr.   Hmmm?

Sorry I've been scarce for a bit.  I came down with some dreadful version of RSV, started to get better and then got hit with a really bad sinus infection.   Long story short, my holidays were spent on death's bed, enough so I didn't even post my usual round of holiday pictures.  They would be a bit untimely now to post to Flickr I suppose.  Is a shame, you never know what might have turned up in them beyond the elbow and puffer jacket picture. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.