Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I should say that I've also been assuming that the choice of what mix of themes are available in a region would be the MOLE'S choice, not the residents.   I mean, that moles could decide to put together a neighborhood where a few Newbrookes are scattered in a mostly Vic region, for example.  But a resident would still only be able to rez homes from one theme on any given parcel.  So we would be unlikely to ever see a chalet home in a Sakura region.

We shall have to wait and see how this actually is rolled out.

When Patch or one of the Moles first mentioned the House Controller updates, it was mentioned that is so that the Moles can design regions containing a mix and match of houses.

I cannot imagine, due to the landscaping, that any existing region would be able to rez a different Theme of home than it was originally designed for.  There were many comments, early on, about how the landscaping was done and how the Moles used that one lego-like piece that basically contained the outlines of all homes, to ensure Trees and such would not ever poke through any of the homes that could be rezzed on a parcel.

Though I suppose it might be possible in future regions for the home owner to be able to rez more than one Theme of home.  However, as mentioned, I'd think it would only be available for the larger parcels where all Mole-provided landscaping is further away from the home.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

While I am waiting for the 2048s, yesterday I found THE greatest 1024 for a seafaring soul, right in Argybargy. 

AND today I found a mini version of my favorite house ever, the Seadog House from L2 Studio http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LHOOQ/216/36/26  so now I have the Seadog Mini on my water parcel.  😄 😄 😄519689248_ArgyBargy3.jpg.b96cb6bcf1181dcdcdc0d1cbcc90023e.jpg508492799_ArgyBargy2.jpg.dacdb837e094391ec1307aa5914ffba3.jpg380010099_ArgyBargy1.jpg.6f3c3c80094449b3c43f36facad593f8.jpg

• Like 4

• Moles
15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When Patch or one of the Moles first mentioned the House Controller updates, it was mentioned that is so that the Moles can design regions containing a mix and match of houses.

It only means the house controller update allows us the ability to mix more themes together when we build regions. Previously certain themes did not work well from a technical standpoint in the same region as certain others because of subtle differences in the controller scripting. Now they all play nice with each other (with the exception of Fantasy due to the bioluminescence scripts). Each parcel still only can rez homes from that theme. It doesn't mean we would put a Sakura house right next to a Traditional or Camper (and we very likely wouldn't for aesthetic reasons). It only means that we could... if they were separated by enough distance it made sense even though they are both in the same region. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I am a bit disappointed that the new houseboat models is really different from the old ones, and not a paint job.

That is so much better than the makeover for the Traditionals, who got open floorplans. It is still only 4 Traditionals in my opinion. I understand that others count the open plan models as equal to four new models. And many other themes only have 4 models. This is what happens when themes like Newbrooke get 8 models, I want more and more. ☺️

Maybe I get time to go to the Christmas Expo. I have not had time other years. The new boat models is there, @Abnor Mole?

On 12/9/2022 at 1:13 AM, Marianne Little said:

I am a bit confused. They are an upgrade, so the models are ready to use in all old houseboat controllers? 

Or is it not ready yet?

They updated the controllers, so the new models of houseboats are available in the "old" neighborhoods as well as the new releases of regions. In the new regions the new models are all rezzed out. It made me want to swap out some of the houseboats for the original styles. The Evening Star is still one of my faves. I was hoping for the houseboat upgrade or a new theme around the holidays.

I'm answering late, so you probably already know all this now.

Edited by Marisa Starbrook
  • Like 3

• Moles

AFAIK the new houseboats are not at the Expo (at least I know I did not set any up there). The new houseboats are an upgrade to an existing theme rather than a theme reveal. Every houseboat parcel (new and old) has them as an option now. If anyone wants to see them "in the wild" I rerezed all the houseboats on some of the regions around SSPSteelhead Shoal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

I am sorry that I posted wrong over here. I am not disappointed that the houseboats got new models.

I am happy! 😊

I was disappointed that the Traditionals did not get new models, only open floors and a paint job. I know many will count open floors as separate models... But...

The new houseboats look so pretty, and the Traditionals so outdated. I was going to go for a houseboat now, to buy Premium for myself as a Christmas gift. Then I smacked myself on the head, it is no way I can have time for it before Christmas. RL does not permit it.

But I think it will be a January gift for myself, when RL is slower. 😊

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am sorry that I posted wrong over here. I am not disappointed that the houseboats got new models.

I am happy! 😊

I was disappointed that the Traditionals did not get new models, only open floors and a paint job. I know many will count open floors as separate models... But...

The new houseboats look so pretty, and the Traditionals so outdated. I was going to go for a houseboat now, to buy Premium for myself as a Christmas gift. Then I smacked myself on the head, it is no way I can have time for it before Christmas. RL does not permit it.

But I think it will be a January gift for myself, when RL is slower. 😊

I understood your meaning!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was disappointed that the Traditionals did not get new models, only open floors and a paint job. I know many will count open floors as separate models...

I too think it would be wonderful if the Trads got new models, if only because so much of Olde Belli is a completely handcrafted-in-place continent, and it would be great to have new models to lure us all to experience those landscapes again :)  

But - I suppose that if the new 2048 homes really are ranch houses, those could be regarded as new Trads?  Sort of?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SolsticeCarlet said:

It would be great to see trads get new models, I really loved that theme. 

on a quick note, can someone point me in the direction of the premium house gift? Because...I cant find it lol does anyone have a slurl?

https://secondlife.com/destinations/premium/gifts

That page lists 3 locations, in case any of them are acting up or region not available, etc..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SolsticeCarlet said:

thanks lol yeah i checked all of them maybe i just missed out. they just send me a Christmas light kit. I appreciate it tho ❤️

The light kit IS the current Premium gift.  Not a house - the picture isn't clear until you read the fine print

image.png.27e662362e8cc4574300134ff2171af2.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The light kit IS the current Premium gift.  Not a house - the picture isn't clear until you read the fine print

image.png.27e662362e8cc4574300134ff2171af2.png

I was just talking to my friend telling her "I think it's a freakin light kit and i probably didn't read it right" xD well there goes my holiday brain lmfaoooo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I am unsure if this is just an older teleport from previous times, but the teleporter on LOHL has a Linden Reveal option although currently takes one nowhere. I know the Expo ended yesterday so perhaps this is "not a thing"...

The Expo over already... Another year I didn't have time to visit... 😐

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I am unsure if this is just an older teleport from previous times, but the teleporter on LOHL has a Linden Reveal option although currently takes one nowhere. I know the Expo ended yesterday so perhaps this is "not a thing"...

In that case, I'd like to imagine there were some good intentions for a massive surprise 2048- reveal that just didn't pan out due to some constraint or other, the times being what they are. 

I wandered around the Expo on Friday and looked at all the regions and donated what I could where I could; and I just finally assumed that it was the "houseboats augmentation" that the Expo-website was referencing when it promised new homes. 

Oh well; onward.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, First Noelle said:

In that case, I'd like to imagine there were some good intentions for a massive surprise 2048- reveal that just didn't pan out due to some constraint or other, the times being what they are. 

I wandered around the Expo on Friday and looked at all the regions and donated what I could where I could; and I just finally assumed that it was the "houseboats augmentation" that the Expo-website was referencing when it promised new homes. 

Oh well; onward.

But..but..New Houseboats!

Huh? Huh? Pretty cool, amirite?

7BF68586-8905-49E8-A005-43F24B581A47.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.