Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

It does say "new homes" not "new themes" so perhaps the houseboat updates announced just a few minutes ago are the new homes?

I’m thrilled with the updated houseboats! And I’m grateful that I’m not on the hunt for one. The Victorians were released at Christmas a few years ago, so it’s possible we could get a holiday present this year. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I would love to be able to try out the new models without giving up my current Linden Home.  Any place we can do that?

Me too, the pics look more of trads than houseboats. I have a houseboat but not going to take everything just to try thr new ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie McGregor said:
  • House controllers have now been updated to use common communications protocols with the rezzer and with houses on the parcels with which they are associated, so that all themes (except Fantasy) may safely be mixed and matched.

Does this mean that it is now possible to rez, for example, a Traditional in a Victorian area?

I believe that it means they can place parcels of all the themes in the same region, not that one parcel can rez all the themes. So you'd still have a Victorian house, but you could have a traditional neighbour (in theory... they don't have any regions like this right now).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I’m thrilled with the updated houseboats! And I’m grateful that I’m not on the hunt for one. The Victorians were released at Christmas a few years ago, so it’s possible we could get a holiday present this year. 

I am a bit confused. They are an upgrade, so the models are ready to use in all old houseboat controllers? 

Or is it not ready yet?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie McGregor said:
  • House controllers have now been updated to use common communications protocols with the rezzer and with houses on the parcels with which they are associated, so that all themes (except Fantasy) may safely be mixed and matched.

Does this mean that it is now possible to rez, for example, a Traditional in a Victorian area?

Wait, what what.... what the what?

IT IS MY CHRISTMAS WISH!

If it is true... a Newbrooke in old Bellisseria, a Log home in a Victorian area? 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

so the models are ready to use in all old houseboat controllers? 

Yes, the new models are in the old houseboat controllers right now.

53 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If it is true... a Newbrooke in old Bellisseria, a Log home in a Victorian area? 

Interesting question.  I've been assuming that the answer is "not exactly" - that this would only work in new regions specifically designed to accommodate multiple themes, as opposed to our suddenly being able to rez a Victorian in Jacinto.  

But it would be interesting to hear otherwise.

I've been wondering if this capability might mostly be used on 2048 parcels, so that Prem Plus members could have more prims with the home of their choice.   From a neighborhood "look" point of view, having homes from different themes adjacent to each other would be much less jarring on larger parcels. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, the new models are in the old houseboat controllers right now.

Interesting question.  I've been assuming that the answer is "not exactly" - that this would only work in new regions specifically designed to accommodate multiple themes, as opposed to our suddenly being able to rez a Victorian in Jacinto.  

But it would be interesting to hear otherwise.

I've been wondering if this capability might mostly be used on 2048 parcels, so that Prem Plus members could have more prims with the home of their choice.   From a neighborhood "look" point of view, having homes from different themes adjacent to each other would be much less jarring on larger parcels. 

I would like Traditionals, Victorians and Newbrooke in the same neighborhood. It is so typical of cities where large gardens get new houses built in them, and modern homes start to appear.

I got very exited! But then I remember Chalets, Log Homes and Sakura is also themes, and became a little less exited.

They are a bit more special themed ones - I think Traditionals and Log homes could live together. But the others? A Chalet in Sakura?

I am coming down from my rush of joy.... 😞

• Like 2

I should say that I've also been assuming that the choice of what mix of themes are available in a region would be the MOLE'S choice, not the residents.   I mean, that moles could decide to put together a neighborhood where a few Newbrookes are scattered in a mostly Vic region, for example.  But a resident would still only be able to rez homes from one theme on any given parcel.  So we would be unlikely to ever see a chalet home in a Sakura region.

We shall have to wait and see how this actually is rolled out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Devo dizer que também tenho presumido que a escolha de qual mistura de temas está disponível em uma região seria uma escolha do MOLE, não dos residentes. Quero dizer, os moles podem decidir montar um bairro onde alguns Newbrookes estão espalhados em uma região predominantemente de Vic, por exemplo. Mas um residente ainda só seria capaz de fazer o rez de casas de um tema em qualquer lote. Portanto, dificilmente veríamos um chalé em uma região de Sakura.

Teremos que esperar e ver como isso realmente será implementado.

I agree with Nika here, I think that the Moles will have this functionality of being able to place a specific house model according to the design of the neighborhood they are creating, I don't think this resource will be available to the user.

• Like 2

I can't imagine the neighborhoods with a hodgepodge of themes---I mean they do collide sometimes--example lots of log homes that blend into stilt homes etc. There is an unavoidable break line where the themes shift, but I can't even imagine a Victorian on a stilt beach etc. LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I am waiting for the 2048s, yesterday I found THE greatest 1024 for a seafaring soul, right in Argybargy.  I have a houseboat and two traveling boats out so far and plenty of LI left over.  I purchased this cute houseboat (lower right, with the pool on the back) and just now received the legendary shower of boats and gifts from its maker Aymec Millet who is totally, completely amazing, as are her creations.1653845573_AbnerMoleCard0_002.thumb.jpg.652ea8427c1984d8cc6667650b767228.jpg

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.