Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, First Noelle said:

In that case, I'd like to imagine there were some good intentions for a massive surprise 2048- reveal that just didn't pan out due to some constraint or other, the times being what they are. 

I wandered around the Expo on Friday and looked at all the regions and donated what I could where I could; and I just finally assumed that it was the "houseboats augmentation" that the Expo-website was referencing when it promised new homes. 

Oh well; onward.

There is a chance that the website had a mix of info from previous years alongside this year and also the teleport is a ghost of teleport past. Some of the website info does say 2021 so the "new homes" text could have accidentally carried over. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

There is a chance that the website had a mix of info from previous years alongside this year and also the teleport is a ghost of teleport past. Some of the website info does say 2021 so the "new homes" text could have accidentally carried over. 

It's mind boggling that no moles or lindens will confirm or deny this info. So you know what that means? There will be a reveal. If there isn't they would have said so! So because they don't want to ruin the surprise, they're being very silent on this matter. Premium Plus homes was announced over six months ago, it's plenty of time to have something ready.

That SL Christmas expo site is a hot mess. I felt there was minimal effort this year all around. Maybe that's why Linden Lab didn't reveal at their event.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Yeah that's very true; but that would then have to fall into the "mistake" category, whereas my imaginings fall into the "striving and almost made it but awwwwwwwww just missed" category.  If the gods that are responsible for my universe make mistakes, I get anxious.  I'd rather think of them as striving and almost getting there LOL

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But..but..New Houseboats!

Huh? Huh? Pretty cool, amirite?

7BF68586-8905-49E8-A005-43F24B581A47.jpeg

adorable :)  and yes very terrific for the Houseboat lovers.  I'm champing at the bit for even a wee glimpse of the 2048 properties though.  Trying so hard not to get my hopes up and failing terribly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AzureWaves said:

It's mind boggling that no moles or lindens will confirm or deny this info. So you know what that means? There will be a reveal. If there isn't they would have said so! So because they don't want to ruin the surprise, they're being very silent on this matter. Premium Plus homes was announced over six months ago, it's plenty of time to have something ready.

That SL Christmas expo site is a hot mess. I felt there was minimal effort this year all around. Maybe that's why Linden Lab didn't reveal at their event.

I think the Expo is one of the official partners? I saw a lot of effort, I was on the production team, but this is just my experience. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

December has always been a big month for Linden Homes, and I'm all about tradition!

"You don't eff with tradition," as they say in Letterkenny.  Quite right.

Still, with the November Trads-action and the December Houseboats-action it just seems rather incredible to imagine there would be any further 2048-action this December.  Both of those implementations really took a lot of time and effort and awesome-sauce to execute and maybe the Moles and the Lindens get a well-earned (really well-earned) break for the rest of the holiday season. 

*she says, pacing back and forth, feeling the anxious*

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, First Noelle said:

"You don't eff with tradition," as they say in Letterkenny.  Quite right.

Still, with the November Trads-action and the December Houseboats-action it just seems rather incredible to imagine there would be any further 2048-action this December.  Both of those implementations really took a lot of time and effort and awesome-sauce to execute and maybe the Moles and the Lindens get a well-earned (really well-earned) break for the rest of the holiday season. 

*she says, pacing back and forth, feeling the anxious*

I would totally agree.  Not expecting anything in the 2048 area until end of Jan-Feb

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

LL is so afraid they announce something, and it does not happen for some technical reason.

People will get upset.

I saw a spreadsheat over when a theme was shown in a demo region, and how long it took before they had made the regions and it was released to the public.

It was many months for especially one theme. Was it Stilt homes?

So if LL opens a demo region tomorrow, how long time will it take before the houses are ready for us? We don't know.

I am really happy I didn't pay Premium Plus.

Thank you LL, if you didn't make it so expensive, I could have jumped on PP. If it was only 50 US more that Premium.

The bigger cost, the longer time I need to think about it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Premium Plus homes was announced over six months ago, it's plenty of time to have something ready.

Building Linden Homes is nothing automated, as far as i know.
The Bellisseria layout and design isnt that repetetive at all, even tho the houses and trees, etc. are the same within a theme, of course
Connected regions match in terms of where roads lead and rivers flow to. None of them suddenly end at a Linden home wall or a Rock face. Its best to see at the chalet, victorian and log home themed parts of belliseria.
All that stuff takes time to plan and to set up.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am really happy I didn't pay Premium Plus.

Thank you LL, if you didn't make it so expensive, I could have jumped on PP. If it was only 50 US more that Premium.

If you subtract the 650 LD stipend each week, its actually only around 130 bucks a year. But im also still put off by the 250 bucks price i have to fork out before i get back the half of it within the following 12 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

If you subtract the 650 LD stipend each week, its actually only around 130 bucks a year.

Your including the taxes of the subscription correct? because at the moment the stipend that you get is between 144-149 dollars, which makes Premium Plus cost 100-104 dollars per year when you subtract the stipend.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Rowley said:

Your including the taxes of the subscription correct? because at the moment the stipend that you get is between 144-149 dollars, which makes Premium Plus cost 100-104 dollars per year when you subtract the stipend.

I only roughly estimated the amount of money.
If your calculation is more correct than mine, even better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I only roughly estimated the amount of money.
If your calculation is more correct than mine, even better.

My calculation doesn't have tax included, that's why I asked if you were also adding the tax in that price.

I also didn't include the 3K Signup bonus because well... it's a one time thing

Edited by Miguel Rowley
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Miguel Rowley said:

My calculation doesn't have tax included, that's why I asked if you were also adding the tax in that price.

No, i didnt add any taxes. Whenever i buy Linden dollars (for lets say 50 USD,) the money taken from my paypal account is also around 50 Euro these days. Same applies for the yearly premium fee.

I think thats because some countries (germany for example) only allow prices to be shown with tax included for non business clients, and SL seems to have adapted to.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
added some more info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Miguel Rowley said:

I've been buying L$ for 250-252L per US dollar for quite a while now.  I cannot even remember the last time I got less that 249L per dollar.

And only some folks have to pay any taxes on the memberships, so that isn't a given for everyone.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

@Resi Pfefferit's been cloned regions since the Victorians, it became very obvious in the Log homes, and since then, it's many clones.The edges and parts around canals and lakes are "handmade".

It is easy to see in the Stilt homes because it is bigger contrast with the sand and sea.

Of course it still takes time to do. It may have been delays for reasons LL does not share with us, too.

Previous themes has been released with void regions and abrupt ends of roads, and then the moles slowly fill in these places. I lived in Casa Del Corsario. It was unobstructed view over void water. Of course I knew, or could guess, it would be something there. 

cloned regions.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And only some folks have to pay any taxes on the memberships, so that isn't a given for everyone.

Yes, I'm aware that it depends on where you live if you pay taxes or not, but in this context I was wondering to why my calculation and @Resi Pfeffer had a big gap on it, that's why my first assumption was that his price had the taxes included.

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been buying L$ for 150-152L per US dollar for quite a while now.  I cannot even remember the last time I got less that 149L per dollar.

Is that a typo? I havent bought linden for a long time now because of owning a store, but I udnerstand the exchange rate to be in the neighborhood of  $L 250 per each USD, which actually works out to a bit less when you add in the transaction fee. but 150L is substantially below  250L... to the point where I suspect it was a typo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Is that a typo? I havent bought linden for a long time now because of owning a store, but I udnerstand the exchange rate to be in the neighborhood of  $L 250 per each USD, which actually works out to a bit less when you add in the transaction fee. but 150L is substantially below  250L... to the point where I suspect it was a typo.

Yes - a typo.  I'll go correct my post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I was thrilled with the lights, because I could use them on the new houseboat models and the Vics!

Thank you for that @Marisa Starbrook.

Nevertheless, I ended up using the old 17 Li lights on my Westminster since they were already fitted, and I preferred the look. After a few script error blips, I manually positioned them with no other problems.

8 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I was thrilled with the lights, because I could use them on the new houseboat models and the Vics!

Has Linden Lac continued to give out high Li lights, or are these low Li?

I could not use the lights we got before. Why do LL act like we have so much Li, when the land can take only 351 Li? 😣

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.