Peeve - Available LI has gone up, frame rate has gone up, the SLB theme has piqued my interest, MP is burbling nicely towards a renewal and the latest LL viewer performs rather well on my potato PC. Am I doing this right yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2024 at 7:09 AM, sirhc DeSantis said:

Peeve - Available LI has gone up, frame rate has gone up, the SLB theme has piqued my interest, MP is burbling nicely towards a renewal and the latest LL viewer performs rather well on my potato PC. Am I doing this right yet?

On TOP of which, I keep providing you with fodder for posting Monty Python videos!

Win-win all round! Let's hope that LL (and I) can keep up the good work!

• Like 1

So this isn't really a peeve, although I suppose I could rephrase it in such a way that it sounds like one . . .

You know how we keep telling people who post with complaints and issues about SL here that posting in the forums accomplishes nothing, because "Lindens don't read the forum"?

True, so far as it goes (although I do continue to believe that Lindens do read the posts here).

But also this, right?

And especially this: "Please send me the slurl for the Linden Homes parcel via a private message and I'll make sure it's investigated."

Thank you, @Quartz Mole. I know you're not a substitute, obviously, for an AR, and that you're not on Governance (unless of course, you're undercover, which, really, you sort of look as though you might be!), but this kind of proactive response is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Punctuation is your friend
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So this isn't really a peeve, although I suppose I could rephrase it in such a way that it sounds like one . . .

You know how we keep telling people who post with complaints and issues about SL here that posting in the forums accomplishes nothing, because "Lindens don't read the forum."

True, so far as it goes (although I do continue to believe that Lindens do read the posts here).

But also this, right?

And especially this: "Please send me the slurl for the Linden Homes parcel via a private message and I'll make sure it's investigated."

Thank you, @Quartz Mole. I know you're not a substitute, obviously, for an AR, and that you're not on Governance (unless of course, you're undercover, which, really, you sort of look as though you might be!), but this kind of proactive response is greatly appreciated!

Peeve: If you want a Linden / Mod to read a post, merely make it annoying enough that several people report it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: If you want a Linden / Mod to read a post, merely make it annoying enough that several people report it!

Squeaky wheels . . .

You may be right, but I choose to believe that Quartz was just flipping through the forums while sipping his coffee, and recognized that his special skill set was needed.

7svj46.png?a474624

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You may be right, but I choose to believe that Quartz was just flipping through the forums while sipping his coffee, and recognized that his special skill set was needed.

Peeve: I wish every flippin' Forum user believed the Mods were flippin' through the Forums, and so thus would moderate their own flippin' posts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I wish every flippin' Forum user believed the Mods were flippin' through the Forums, and so thus would moderate their own flippin' posts!

One way to achieve the illusion that the moderators are silently monitoring the forums, is to silently report posts we believe are inappropriate. No saying, "Reported" or "In Before The Lock" and no posts thanking the mods for commenting on or locking a thread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Keep flashlight and fresh undies at the ready and don't forget the snacks. 🤣

I'm thinking of writing a post-it note with "2020 - COVID happened " and putting it up in my bedroom, just in case :/

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Keep flashlight and fresh undies at the ready and don't forget the snacks. 🤣

You mean celery and carrots?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

One way to achieve the illusion that the moderators are silently monitoring the forums, is to silently report posts we believe are inappropriate.

Personally, that's my vote also.

Note that there was a trend awhile back when people wrote "Reported" as a joke. (I personally always have trouble telling if "IBTL" is meant jokingly or not. I think it acts as a "jinx!".)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm thinking of writing a post-it note with "2020 - COVID happened " and putting it up in my bedroom, just in case :/

Not NEARLY as much fun as this crazy-ass idea also going the rounds:

"Sending a rocket to the moon is really just a large-scale sex magic ritual based on Osiris rising, where an obelisk brought him back to life. A rocket is like a giant obelisk, and the moon is the female aspect. Ironically, Osiris rose from the dead with his arms crossed, like an X, and this eclipse is being called the “X” eclipse."

Nothing breaks up a boring old Monday afternoon better than a "sex magic ritual," says I!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moles
4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Squeaky wheels . . .

If a post is reported, that guarantees one of us will read it.  Additionally, we browse the forums out of interest, and also keep a proactive eye on threads that look as if they may require attention, whether because of the topic or because they're unusually active.

Other Lindens and Moles read the forums, too, when they have the time and the inclination, but there's obviously no guarantee anyone will see a particular post, which is why posting about something in the forums really isn't the best way to get anyone to do anything about it.   

That's what support tickets, abuse reports, user groups and Canny are for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you're told that you're a "person of interest"! (Not what you're saying, I know - just peeve-riffing!)

How does one become a " person of interest"?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My Peeve of the day...

Getting seriously tired of the smug, condescending little witch ( I really do not mean witch ;) ) Who shall remain nameless on this forum.  They really need to get over themselves.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

How does one become a " person of interest"?  Asking for a friend.

Peeve: I've had someone RL who I thought that I was dating, tell me that I was a POI (in a creepy, implied threatening manner).

• Sad 2