Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Be sure to watch the movie before considering watching the recent TV special (or Broadway version).

Just a suggestion for the "best experience"! 🙂

There's a Broadway version??????

It was a musical before it was a movie..

Sorry, "not Broadway" though (my bad) (from Wikipedia): The film is based on the 1973 musical stage production The Rocky Horror Show,, with music, book, and lyrics by O'Brien.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It was a musical before it was a movie..

Sorry, "not Broadway" though (my bad) (from Wikipedia): The film is based on the 1973 musical stage production The Rocky Horror Show,, with music, book, and lyrics by O'Brien.

Oh thank god. Yes, of course. I thought you were talking about The Day of the Triffids.

And yes, of course I've seen the movie of Rocky Horror -- but no, never a stage version!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It just passed over here: Toronto got a 99.98% eclipse, but the cloud cover was far too heavy to see anything.

It DID get very weirdly dark for about 2 mins, during which time the street lights went on automatically.

A teeny bit underwhelming, however. Sadly.

Definitely a peeve.

I got to see totality for a second time (first in 2017).

Baily's beads, with entering and exiting diamond rings so beautifully opposed they made me shiver.

The best part? Watching my ex-hubby's oldest daughter start bawling.

He and his wife have raised a gem.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just a suggestion for the "best experience"!

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's a Broadway version??????

For the "Best Experience" you need to watch rocky Horror" AND "Young Frankenstein" back to back as a "Double Feature", just as they were shown, in a small cinema in Central London, for many yeas.

You also need a cigarette lighter, to spark up and hold above your head during one of the songs. Fishnet stockings and sussies are also recommended.

image.thumb.jpeg.21396b8739c8566b882bd44c1040ab94.jpeg

"There's a light... Over at the Zalistein place..."

Sing along when you've learned the words.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

For the "Best Experience" you need to watch rocky Horror" AND "Young Frankenstein" back to back as a "Double Feature", just as they were shown, in a small cinema in Central London, for many yeas.

You also need a cigarette lighter, to spark up and hold above your head during one of the songs. Fishnet stockings and sussies are also recommended.

image.thumb.jpeg.21396b8739c8566b882bd44c1040ab94.jpeg

"There's a light... Over at the Zalistein place..."

Sing along when you've learned the words.

I really don't need an excuse to visit London.

Just time and . . . air fare. (And an airliner that doesn't use Boeing!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lol I'd forgotten about this.

Confession: I've never seen the movie!

I haven seen "Day of the Triffids" either. The blindness part horrifies me too much. I started the book, but had to put it down. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I really don't need an excuse to visit London.

Just time and . . . air fare. (And an airliner that doesn't use Boeing!)

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You're taking me, right?

Just time, air fare, and an extra seat for Ayashe.

(I get the window seat, though! Called it!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I haven seen "Day of the Triffids" either. The blindness part horrifies me too much. I started the book, but had to put it down. 

I didn't realize until yesterday (and this conversation) that there had been a 2009 "TV" remake of The Day of the Triffids. I watched a bit of it: it's not bad. It's certainly got a pretty good cast -- Joely Richardson, Scott Dugard, Vanessa Redgrave, Brian Cox, and (weirdly, although he was pretty good in it) Jason Priestley.

But yeah, the first 20 minutes or so were traumatizing. Something else I didn't know until yesterday: the novel was the inspiration for the movie 28 Days After.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just time, air fare, and an extra seat for Ayashe.

(I get the window seat, though! Called it!)

Works for me! I like being in the aisle seat so I can scope the cute guys on the plane without having to find reasons to get up and walk around like a dork. 😂

NMBoXc.gif

Peeve: I miss traveling. I haven't been anywhere in YEARS. Unacceptable.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Traditionally, in the US while watching RHCP, one brings (from https://www.rockyhorror.com/participation/proplist.php) :

Rice

Newspapapers

Water pistols

Candles, flashlights (this could be the "lighters" reference)

Rubber gloves

Noisemakers

Confetti

Toilet Paper

Toast

Party Hat

Bell

Cards

Hot Dogs and Prunes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Traditionally, in the US while watching RHCP, one brings (from https://www.rockyhorror.com/participation/proplist.php) :

Rice

Newspapapers

Water pistols

Candles, flashlights (this could be the "lighters" reference)

Rubber gloves

Noisemakers

Confetti

Toilet Paper

Toast

Party Hat

Bell

Cards

Hot Dogs and Prunes

Yes, but if you're watching at home on your computer monitor, or TV, do you really want to cover your living room floor in wet confetti, rice, candle wax,, toilet paper, and broken pieces of prune flavoured hot-dog?

That list is for destroying American cinematograph parlours, cleaned by menials on less than minimum wage, between showing.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I got to see totality for a second time (first in 2017).

Baily's beads, with entering and exiting diamond rings so beautifully opposed they made me shiver.

The best part? Watching my ex-hubby's oldest daughter start bawling.

He and his wife have raised a gem.

My son and I both teared up a bit which was unexpected.  

• Like 2

Peeve: Just made a yearly vet appointment for Boy Husky (125lb+). 

It didn't go so well last year, this year the manager said "let's examine him outside in the grass", instead of in the car or trying to drag him inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You're fortunate that you had a choice of putting the book down. I had to suffer through the trauma of reading it in its entirety as part of a class curriculum.p01l8b56.jpg 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Just made a yearly vet appointment for Boy Husky (125lb+). 

It didn't go so well last year, this year the manager said "let's examine him outside in the grass", instead of in the car or trying to drag him inside.

This is Nature's way of telling you it's time to turf them out of the house to run wild and hunt Moose on the frozen sub-arctic steppe.

Bonus: You get to book a summer holiday in Alaska this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

This is Nature's way of telling you it's time to turf them out of the house to run wild and hunt Moose on the frozen sub-arctic steppe.

Bonus: You get to book a summer holiday in Alaska this year.

Those poor meese.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Those poor meese.

It would likely be mice, rather than moose, that those huskies might catch. According to the "Never Cry Wolf" book and movie, wolves eat more pounds of small mammals than they do of large mammals. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It would likely be mice, rather than moose, that those huskies might catch. According to the "Never Cry Wolf" book and movie, wolves eat more pounds of small mammals than they do of large mammals. 

I love those nature videos where wolves dive into snow to hunt mice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're fortunate that you had a choice of putting the book down. I had to suffer through the trauma of reading it in its entirety as part of a class curriculum.p01l8b56.jpg 

We had to read "The Chrysalids". I loved that one!!!

• Like 1