33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was gonna give it back but then after thinking about it.. Just waking up and seeing that and it messing my morning tea up..

I'm keeping it for compensation.. I never said a word to him  yet and don't plan on it.. He's not getting off Scott Free.. lol

You're worth a lot more than 10K!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just another "WTF?" moment in SL.  I couldn't post the rest of the picture as it included scent particles for you genitalia!  Just what everyone needs?  

89e1172736113c2531f8309ce5f1e47f.png.218867ddfe920b94f9743023e76f5bff.png

I just ran across this as I was looking at the event.. Ya it's pretty nasty and gross..

Those guys always put out the strangest things at that event..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A peeve that may make me a little unpopular in some quarters . . .

I've decided that I don't think I like PBR much.

At least, not as it's currently working.

I know that there are lots of people who are really excited about reflections and shiny chrome stuff. And I understand that this is also part of a larger effort to update and modernize and standardize SL. So, yes, I'm sure it's something we should be doing.

I just don't think it looks all that great. In certain lights, everything looks like it's a bit smeary and blurry. And it's glitchy, with lots of problems that need to be fixed. Reflection probes have some potential, but they don't seem to work properly at altitudes above a few hundred metres: above that, and they start flickering.

And it's REALLY messing up my EEP settings.

I'm working hard, learning how to use it, but honestly, I'm not a happy photographer/camper right now.

I noticed the lighting goes dark when I zoom out and get the 'facelight 3000' effect when zooming in. It gives me teh sad.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Instead of giving us less shiny, PBR made some legacy materials more shiny.

Somethings such as woolen coats don't need shine. As some clothing being no-mod, not being able to fix this is a major peeve.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Somethings such as woolen coats don't need shine. As some clothing being no-mod, not being able to fix this is a major peeve

Yeah most cloth material such as wool polyester and other stuff like that, don't need materials or pbr shine. It just makes it look like its very stiff, and like someone doused the item with spray starch. Lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was gonna give it back but then after thinking about it.. Just waking up and seeing that and it messing my morning tea up..

I'm keeping it for compensation.. I never said a word to him  yet and don't plan on it.. He's not getting off Scott Free.. lol

I wouldn't send it back, but might open a ticket with LL just to ensure the L$ weren't stolen or gotten illegally. 

• Like 3

On 12/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: If all the ponies start to smell like poop, check to make sure some poop didn't get smeared on your upper lip.

To quote myself, "if everything looks like poop, your head might be in the wrong place".

• Like 4

Peeve: me in January :/

Starting on Sunday, it’s the year of the Rabbit! We are in the last few days of the year of the Tiger – it's been a time of fighting, tension and war 🥺 But the year of the Rabbit means recovery and calm, and also financial prosperity 🤑 

Most wrong prediction ever -_- 

Apparently in Native American mythology, the rabbit is a trickster? That's how 2023 has felt to me...one cruel practical joke! 9_9 I know someone wrote about how they hated this year too on this thread (sorry, can't remember who)...it's still going on, even today...just a load of hassle!

But if this year was good for you...ignore me, and well done :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Starting on Sunday, it’s the year of the Rabbit! We are in the last few days of the year of the Tiger – it's been a time of fighting, tension and war 🥺 But the year of the Rabbit means recovery and calm, and also financial prosperity 🤑 

Apparently in Native American mythology, the rabbit is a trickster? That's how 2023 has felt to me...one cruel practical joke! 9_9 I know someone wrote about how they hated this year too on this thread (sorry, can't remember who)...it's still going on, even today...just a load of hassle!

It's been bad to worse since 2020.. hehehe

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, Rat Luv said:

Coyote is the trickster. Rabbits are usually linked with fertility.

Spider (Iktomi) is also a trickster. Iktomi is also a hero.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, stuff seems to be magically disappearing here, so I'm gonna flounce for a bit!

Love, I'll send you a screenshot of my skirt swirling and my nose high in the air when I have a chance!

Harrrumph! 😏

Peeve: Awww..I missed disappearances, however I did personally report a certain thread for going off topic YESTERDAY. 

Peeve!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Awww..I missed disappearances, however I did personally report a certain thread for going off topic YESTERDAY. 

Peeve!

It's all good.

I'm just grumpy, and I know myself well enough to know that when that happens, it's time to give myself a time out. I'll ungrumpify, and de-flounce soon, I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

People must have less peeves in the holidays. ❤️

I don't think there is any point reporting anything as Linden probably went on holiday two weeks ago.

download.jpg

Peeve: People who change their posts after because they always need to feel right or something.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
Edited to save another post.

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

group tag

On the subject of group tags.  Why can't the current active group appear at the top of the list, above or below None, I don't care, instead of having to dig down and find it everytime.. Imagine what you could do with all those collective seconds saved during your 12 days of Christmas rounds for your numerous alts. Group hopping can be so tedious.

Perhaps even ordering them in such a way so the list ignores all the silly symbols, underscores, slashes, dots and squiggles group makers think will top the list or make them stand out. 

• Like 3

Peeve: People on social media in the UK already wishing others a Happy New Year, when it hasn't even started yet. With the crappy year some of us have had, I personally feel the need to tiptoe very carefully towards 2024, not startle it, and not jinx it with premature NY greetings. 

Of course I know the reason they are doing it is so they get as much of the "validation" as they can, so they have to get their greets in early. It's childish, annoying, and tempting fate.

• Like 3

Just now, kali Wylder said:

I really detest those prove you are human puzzles.  Why should I have to prove I'm human?  

This is the first post this site ever asked me to prove I am human. I've been posting here for over ten years, admittedly less these days, but still, if they don't know who I am by now, they never will.  I doubt that I will post at all here if they  do that again. Considering other things they've done over the years to stifle activity, perhaps that is their goal?

• Like 2

I've never seen that prove you are human thing before, maybe you really are robots!?

Seriously though this is only going to get worse, social media in general is facing a huge problem for years now as far as AI and users are actually beginning to realize it. Posting is down, people are losing interest for a number of reasons but all the bots, fake arguments, political agitators, state sponsored nonsense etc are big reasons.

Of course a little Second Life forum isn't going to be a target for much of the above but given the commercial nature of the platform it is inevitable that chatbots are going to hit SL hard since there is money to be made.

Are you human? type verification is going to become something we have to do more frequently, expect sites to start demanding more personal information and identification etc if this starts to get very bad, already happening in many countries with legislation that is heading in that direction.

I wish we had a pretty fool-proof/hack-proof/pseudoanonymity-preserving way of determining a human user though. Captcha's/puzzles are annoying.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: People on social media in the UK already wishing others a Happy New Year, when it hasn't even started yet. With the crappy year some of us have had, I personally feel the need to tiptoe very carefully towards 2024, not startle it, and not jinx it with premature NY greetings. 

Of course I know the reason they are doing it is so they get as much of the "validation" as they can, so they have to get their greets in early. It's childish, annoying, and tempting fate.

No worries. Nothing really happens. The western (christian) world changes the number of the year that's all.
There are 26 totally different New Years world wide, every year. So no big deal at all.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: FOMO if the site doesn't ask me to prove I'm human.

It did not ask me either (so far).
I'm more peeved that the marketplace is a mess again today. More than half of my listings missing. Grrrr.
🤬

Edited by Sid Nagy
Removed some grumpyness.