2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All of keto pastas suck royally IMO and so we simply do a regular pasta with veggies dish every 4-6 weeks.

IMO, keto pastas/breads make about as much sense to me as vegan sausages and hamburgers. It feels a bit peculiar to do a diet which excludes things, only to replicate them via substitutes. I've seen a lot of carnivore recipes for stuff like waffles too and I just don't understand why I'd want a subpar version to remind me of real waffles (and you can't eat them with jam, so what's the bloody point?!) - and a lot of those sort of things are completely nutritionally peculiar; I've seen keto recipes for pizza doughs using humongous amounts of almond flour - doesn't matter whether or not there are less than 20 carbs in a serving, calories still matter and the kind of numbers you get in such recipes are just astronomical. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: can't eat cake all around the clock and stay healthy - but my avies can eat whatever they like!

I took a break and ate all the cake I wanted. Gained almost 5lbs! Now I'm back down to 134lb. Never really hungry. Life is good. 

Peeve: The year I spent not being able to eat much at all due to nausea.

ETA: Ok ok, all the cake, ice cream, and cookies I wanted.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

I have certain dietary restrictions due to oxalate nephropathy and plant based foods are my enemy.  Basically I have to be a carnivore.  I can eat as much meat fish eggs and dairy as I want, but I have to limit my plant foods - fruits veggies and grains to less than 100 mg of oxalate per day.  Since I still need the nutrition from fruits veggies and grains I have to be very selective which veggies I eat.  image.thumb.png.00ba0e71fb558688f4f52f113ff4690a.png.

And I limit myself to no more than 2 cups of tea per day since each cup is 15mg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Today I suddenly lost one of my elder horses… I was there with him and until then he was happy and playing with his field mates. 
I did my best to save him but it was his time I guess… this one hit me hard. It’s my job and all that but I am sick and tired of death. 💔

I am so sorry.  It never gets easier.  I am glad you were there for him in the end. *hugs*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

IMO, keto pastas/breads make about as much sense to me as vegan sausages and hamburgers.

I have never had any of these vegan meats because everyone says they taste rank...🤢 but aren't they all loaded with salt and fat? Would rather have a spicy beanburger. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I have never had any of these vegan meats because everyone says they taste rank...🤢 but aren't they all loaded with salt and fat? Would rather have a spicy beanburger. 

Yes, as far as I've seen they seem to be high in both fat and salt, as is common with most processed foods. A paper I read a while back went as far as to call certain vegan substitute products 'hyper processed' because of the many steps they'd gone through to extract soy protein and then turn it into something with a texture similar to that of a sausage. 

14 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

And I limit myself to no more than 2 cups of tea per day since each cup is 15mg.

I don't have any oxalate sensitivity as far as I'm aware, but since both my father and my grandmother both have gout, I wouldn't want to take the risk and eat too much of the stuff anyway. But my tea I won't be without - I'm right now sipping on a lovely cup with 2 parts Assam and 1 part Lapsang and a healthy splash of milk; I think that no matter what diet one chooses to go with, it's important to find a balance between physiological wellbeing and getting to enjoy stuff. After all, what's the point of living to be a hundred years old if you never get to live a little along the way? 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Today I suddenly lost one of my elder horses… I was there with him and until then he was happy and playing with his field mates. 
I did my best to save him but it was his time I guess… this one hit me hard. It’s my job and all that but I am sick and tired of death. 💔

This is why I couldn't do what you do, even knowing that my main contribution was to save lives.

The worst public breakdown I've ever had was when I had to have my first pet, a cat I adored, put down. Worse than when my father died, even (which is not a reflection of my feelings for him, which were and remain very deep). The vet gave me a moment to say "goodbye" before he administered the needle, and I just sobbed noisily and uncontrollably in his office for . . . 5 minutes? He died in my arms. I've never been through something like that before.

• Sad 7

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is why I couldn't do what you do, even knowing that my main contribution was to save lives.

The worst public breakdown I've ever had was when I had to have my first pet, a cat I adored, put down. Worse than when my father died, even (which is not a reflection of my feelings for him, which were and remain very deep). The vet gave me a moment to say "goodbye" before he administered the needle, and I just sobbed noisily and uncontrollably in his office for . . . 5 minutes? He died in my arms. I've never been through something like that before.

Aw Scylla… thank you, that honestly made me weep. It’s  so hard, the grief is heartbreaking and the void is huge. I am not ashamed to say that when my mom passed away a few years ago after a two year long illness I felt relief.. for her and for us all.  But the grief I have experienced with the pets small and huge (my horses are pets too… I see them as such) is so hard to process. 
When animals are euthanised I just grieve for every single one who crosses over and the owners too… I am glad you had a chance to cry right there as bottling it up makes it so much harder. Big hug ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Ceka, Love - thanks guys ❤️

Thanks to everyone for listening to me, I just needed to say it I’m so heartbroken 💔 

As much as I wish I could find the words that would be helpful in such a loss as a bond like that is, I just know there aren't any..

The only thing that I really can think to say and want to say is, Them just knowing you were there with them in that last bit of time, Makes it so much easier and comforting for them. They weren't there alone and scared, because they had you.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As much as I wish I could find the words that would be helpful in such a loss as a bond like that is, I just know there aren't any..

The only thing that I really can think to say and want to say is, Them just knowing you were there with them in that last bit of time, Makes it so much easier and comforting for them. They weren't there alone and scared, because they had you.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you Ceka!! I’m so humbled by your kind words… it means a lot ❤️❤️🩹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yes, as far as I've seen they seem to be high in both fat and salt, as is common with most processed foods.

I would dig out all the things I've been eating to prove you wrong, but don't feel like "arguing".

Suffice to say, that there are many, many types of "meat replacements" that are made differently, and do NOT have extra fat and/or salt above what is normal for meats.

In any case, that's one nice thing about the Keto diet - I can have as much fat as I want!

Peeve: Having to force extra protein if I want to get more muscly. A "3-pack" just won't do! Yummy protein shakes, but my preferred ones have carbs too (need those to gain)! 

• Like 1

Peeve: Got "class instances" working and tested for my big LSL project, and realized that I need to support "local" instances too. (Compare to "local" vs. "global" variables, but class instances created with "New()" using the local memory space for class data.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying

22 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yes, as far as I've seen they seem to be high in both fat and salt, as is common with most processed foods. A paper I read a while back went as far as to call certain vegan substitute products 'hyper processed' because of the many steps they'd gone through to extract soy protein and then turn it into something with a texture similar to that of a sausage. 

I don't have any oxalate sensitivity as far as I'm aware, but since both my father and my grandmother both have gout, I wouldn't want to take the risk and eat too much of the stuff anyway. But my tea I won't be without - I'm right now sipping on a lovely cup with 2 parts Assam and 1 part Lapsang and a healthy splash of milk; I think that no matter what diet one chooses to go with, it's important to find a balance between physiological wellbeing and getting to enjoy stuff. After all, what's the point of living to be a hundred years old if you never get to live a little along the way? 

Yes, and Assam is one of my favorite teas.  I'm very strict with my veggie choices so I can spend my oxalate allowance on my tea.

Peeve: 

Discord asking every couple of months for phone verification

...and their support in English, fails to understand English.

Me
Dec 11, 2022, 09:05 PST
Seriously are you gonna keep on TROLLING ME every couple of months by asking to verify by phone?
Which part of the I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER you don't understand?
Delete the account i rather use Skype.

------------------------

KitS (Discord)

Dec 11, 2022, 09:06 PST
Hi *********,

Thanks for writing in.
I'm sorry to hear about the verification trouble, and I hope you're not missing out on too much because of this. However, to help our team to look into this further, could you attach a screenshot of the verification message that you're seeing on your end to this ticket?

Awaiting response,
Kit
------------------------
KitS (Discord)
Dec 12, 2022, 05:25 PST
Hi *******,

I just checked with my team, and upon review of your account, it appears that our detection system has triggered successfully and we will not be removing the phone verification requirement on your account. You'll be required to register a phone number to your Discord account in order to continue the use of it.

It's possible that our system detected that you were using a VPN or proxy that was shared with other bad actors, which is why our system flagged your account. However, for privacy reasons, we're not able to share the specifics of the inner workings of our system.

I hope you understand, but if you'll have further questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email anytime.

Best,
Kit
------------------------
Me
Dec 13, 2022, 15:33 PST

Aw.. I am terribly sorry if it seemed like i cared about what your "Team" would say about vpn's etc.
But which part of I WON'T GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER you didn't understand in the original message so DELETE THE ACCOUNT
Don't make me repeat myself about a free chat app, will you darling.
Thank you.
WTF
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

All the hundreds of Christmas outfits out now, and all of them are either Ugly Christmas Sweaters or so skimpy they just scream UNWRAP ME, or both. Aren't there any tasteful Christmas outfits this year??

You mean .. Edible Yule knickers? ^_^ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

All the hundreds of Christmas outfits out now, and all of them are either Ugly Christmas Sweaters or so skimpy they just scream UNWRAP ME, or both. Aren't there any tasteful Christmas outfits this year??

Glitzz just gave this out the other day for free in their advent calendar. I forget what they're selling past gifts for if you miss them - 25L? Something like that.

[Glitzz] Advent Calendar - Day 16

Peeve: creators using real world brand and logos on their items. I know they think its probably not a big deal because they are the 'little guy' and not some huge behemoth of a company, but it is a big deal.  Intellectual property is a serious thing, it should be respected.

When you slap someone's trademark or logo on to something you made and actively sell , it's theft-point blank. Stop it.

• Like 3