[insert word that supersedes "peeve"]

One of my fave peeves, other than than standby of "people" and that is "cognitive dissonance" although in this case it may not be that, so much as it is "willful ignorance."

Somehow managing to clutch pearls, bemoaning the "apparent" abuse of a certain group of people, and in so doing, further marginalize them, ridicule them, judge them. Cognitive dissonance, willful ignorance, cruelty. Throw in several straw dogs to prove the "points."

Not everything is to everyone's liking. That's... ok, folks. It would be a boring world otherwise. I like peanut butter, bacon & mayo on white bread toast sandwiches (sourdough if I'm feeling fancy). Huh, imagine that, some people think that sounds awful. (You really should try it though, they are delish!) I've heard some heathens like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. OMG. What is wrong with you? But the thing is, there's room for both, no harm done. I would offer you a bite of my sammich, you could refuse, and we'd be cool.

OMG, you are attracted to someone I'm not! Let's write derogatory threads about it! OMG, you like a different sexual position! No! I will tell you over and over you are wrong and equate it to a bad shoe choice! OMG, you express love differently than I do... again, let's just write tons of stupid comments about how it is "disgusting."

The world is steeped in real problems. How people love each other, get off on each other, shouldn't be a point of contention, let alone mind-numbingly stupid posts. Yay for minding our own business, saying "Yeah, not for me" while you turn away and choose not to.  Yay for tolerance of differences.

Turn that rage and disgust energy into something more productive, like, idk, making sure your public libraries aren't being clobbered by the Pearl Clutching police... oh. Wait. That would be the same people...

[today's official rant brought to you by some of those people here in this very same Internet corner]

/me reaches up and back and removes the coffee mug perched on my well-rounded butt and pours a bunch of Kahlua in it and sighs, loudly

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

One of my fave peeves, other than than standby of "people" and that is "cognitive dissonance" although in this case it may not be that, so much as it is "willful ignorance."

Somehow managing to clutch pearls, bemoaning the "apparent" abuse of a certain group of people, and in so doing, further marginalize them, ridicule them, judge them. Cognitive dissonance, willful ignorance, cruelty. Throw in several straw dogs to prove the "points."

I assumed which thread this was about, but I thought that thread had resolved well. 
Peeve: FOMO

On 9/10/2022 at 7:28 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

There are many, many, many posts about it recently.  You don't read every Forum post?!? lol!

Search the Forum for these terms: "juicy" AND "reborn".  (Apparently, the brand is "Juicy" and it was first release for the "Reborn" bodies.)

Some people use "jewcie" and "bewbs" on the Forum.

On the Marketplace, search "juicy reborn" to find the easiest results.

There are both "squishy" breasticles and thighs, according to all the Forum posts.

I'd include a link with pictures but don't want to derail the Peeves.

What? Do they not have squishy butts yet? Just imagine too tight, too low jeans, with puffy little pillows of flesh above them.

(This too tight clothing trend needs to end soon.)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What? Do they not have squishy butts yet? Just imagine too tight, too low jeans, with puffy little pillows of flesh above them.

(This too tight clothing trend needs to end soon.)

If they would make a mod for the Jake body, I could rock a muffin top like I already do in RL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Kinda peeve-maybe: The person who I gave my in world club to about 3 years ago just shut it down.  It's been around for about 10 years. I still used it for the Home TP and now I need to find another.  Wish some Linden Lands other the Hubs allow setting them as a home.  There's a lot of islands in world that would be perfect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Kinda peeve-maybe: The person who I gave my in world club to about 3 years ago just shut it down.  It's been around for about 10 years. I still used it for the Home TP and now I need to find another.  Wish some Linden Lands other the Hubs allow setting them as a home.  There's a lot of islands in world that would be perfect.

I had home set at Luna Oaks Galleria for years. (Near the Trolley end-of-line.) There are lots of Luna regions which probably all let you set Home there, but I figured may as well say which region.

ETA: It's always nice and empty, no other avatars unless someone is underwater.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

...Not everything is to everyone's liking. That's... ok, folks. It would be a boring world otherwise. I like peanut butter, bacon & mayo on white bread toast sandwiches (sourdough if I'm feeling fancy). Huh, imagine that, some people think that sounds awful. (You really should try it though, they are delish!) I've heard some heathens like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. OMG. What is wrong with you? But the thing is, there's room for both, no harm done. I would offer you a bite of my sammich, you could refuse, and we'd be cool....

peeve: I can't eat peanutbutter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I like peanut butter, bacon & mayo on white bread toast sandwiches (sourdough if I'm feeling fancy). Huh, imagine that, some people think that sounds awful. (You really should try it though, they are delish!) 

IT SOUNDS AWFUL COS IT IS AWFUL!!!

I support you with the bacon and mayo...

BUT PEANUT BUTTER IS THE DEVILS FOOD!!!

916917009_giphy(3).gif.7193307e2582185ac3f3777dd74f2eae.gif

I may need to go lie down for a bit.  I seem to have strangled myself pearl clutching!!

9 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I support you with the bacon and mayo...

BUT PEANUT BUTTER IS THE DEVILS FOOD!!!

It was the Mayo that I was gonna say is the devil's food.  Its only purpose is to help hold together things like tuna salad, egg salad, pasta salad, etc.....

Though, while I like bacon and peanut butter, the idea of them together makes me gag.

• Like 1

Peeving in pain with swollen face.  First time I've ever had a negative reaction to dental procedures...And I've had three wisdom teeth out!

But my main peeve - not gonna be getting my traditional lemon bday cheesecake cos small town, no cheesecake shop and they don't deliver.  

giphy (2).gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

39 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Peeving in pain with swollen face.  First time I've ever had a negative reaction to dental procedures...And I've had three wisdom teeth out!

But my main peeve - not gonna be getting my traditional lemon bday cheesecake cos small town, no cheesecake shop and they don't deliver.  

giphy (2).gif

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Still a few days to go for that @Love Zhaoying.  I was just getting prepared!!

Well, for goodness sake! With that much lead time, you could...

Really, Jordan...you shouldn't need the President-for-Life to tell you these things. Get a grip, girl!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, for goodness sake! With that much lead time, you could...

Really, Jordan...you shouldn't need the President-for-Life to tell you these things. Get a grip, girl!

Do they deliver to New Zealand? lol