18 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

She was my queen too and I'm very sad about her passing.  You are entitled to your feelings and should not be reported or scorned for them.  It's no different than a celebrity I don't care for passing - means nothing to me, but I'm sorry for your feeling of loss.

I hope you had a wonderful bday, despite it being hijacked by becoming such a momentous day in history.  At least you can use that as a claim to fame. 

I also hopes this means Ginge and Whinge finally get what's coming to them.

I understand that there have been problems with trolls on social media and I can understand that people are gonna be sensitive. Especially with how some people are being so insensitive about her passing. So I wanted to make sure that people knew I was joking before hand. So I don't wind up having people on my butt about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Don't forget people, Silent's birthday is tomorrow.

I don't plan on being online tomorrow. 😛

Not that I'll have anything else to do. Just not likely to be in the mood to either watch the world burn or the world having fun while I watch. Or something. 😏

I love you guys. Just need people in the real world, ya know? 🤗💓

🤐

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I am similarly ambivalent. Still, according to reputable news organizations, she will be missed.

Are we walking back our "sorrys"?

;-).

I never realized it until today but even though I'm across the pond, she was the one steady constant in my life. She was always there and now she isn't. 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I never realized it until today but even though I'm across the pond, she was the one steady constant in my life. She was always there and now she isn't. 😢

I just feel like if I say something that is opposite to what the crowd is saying, especially with a royal dying. I will be lambasted just for not thinking like them called a psychopath or that I lack empathy. I don't lack any of that, I am just not really emotonally affected by her passing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Being an irishman from Northern Ireland, I have allot of mixed and negative feelings towards the british monarchy.

And that's  all I am saying on that.

On topic peeve:

When you keep accidentally deleting the walls you made for your sl rental.

Have you tried locking it, so when you go to delete it will ask if you are sure you want to do that. 

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I just feel like if I say something that is opposite to what the crowd is saying, especially with a royal dying. I will be lambasted just for not thinking like them called a psychopath or that I lack empathy. I don't lack any of that, I am just not really emotonally affected by her passing. 

I understood you the first time you said it. That's the reason I haven't quoted you or even said anything to you about it. I know there are people who are not moved by anyone's death. Most human deaths I read or hear about don't affect me beyond feeling a little sorrow that a human life ended. Not because I don't care. Because humans are so destructive of the world they live in.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Closing the QEII thread was a bad call by LL.  There are events going on in SL in memory of her, and it would have been nice to have been able to post links to said events for those who wish to attend. 

If it's about an inworld event, that ought to be ok to post I suppose? 

The Queen visited my workplace in 2006. I wasn't on duty that day - so jealous of my boss who met and showed her around. Us colonials also had a soft spot for her. ☺️

my peeve: duty roster in 2006

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Closing the QEII thread was a bad call by LL.  There are events going on in SL in memory of her, and it would have been nice to have been able to post links to said events for those who wish to attend. 

Poorly done, Lindens. 

I can understand why they did it though. It probably got heavily political to the point people were attacking each other. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I can understand why they did it though. It probably got heavily political to the point people were attacking each other. 

No, it did not.  It wasn't about SL they felt.  So there are about 100 more topics they should close here then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

It was closed before it even got to half a page. The worst people were saying was that they hoped the thread would stay open. The answer was to lock the thread because it wasn't about SL. They don't want to have to police us anymore, so they'd like some of us to vamoose since it gets pretty boring talking about nothing but SL. It's like when I was young and there was only the one local tv station. The pickings are awful slim. And have been picked over and picked over and picked over and...

😐

Yes, that's a peeve.

🤐

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It was closed before it even got to half a page. The worst people were saying was that they hoped the thread would stay open. The answer was to lock the thread because it wasn't about SL. They don't want to have to police us anymore, so they'd like some of us to vamoose since it gets pretty boring talking about nothing but SL. It's like when I was young and there was only the one local tv station. The pickings are awful slim. And have been picked over and picked over and picked over and...

😐

Yes, that's a peeve.

🤐

Happy Birthday, Silent.  🐺 🎂 🥳   In case you won't be on the forum tomorrow.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't plan on being online tomorrow. 😛

Not that I'll have anything else to do. Just not likely to be in the mood to either watch the world burn or the world having fun while I watch. Or something. 😏

I love you guys. Just need people in the real world, ya know? 🤗💓

🤐

Happy Birthday!

• Like 2

(I was going to say this if Garnet's thread hadn't been locked...)

I'm actually not a monarchist, it was just her...I liked the fact everyone was into glamorous superstars, but our sovereign was this small shy woman walking around in a head scarf and gardening coat, with her dogs jumping all over her 🙂 And how she looked totally bored talking to politicians but cheery and laughing when she went to the races...but she was so iconic. Like I said in the music thread, I can't imagine her not being on banknotes or on TV every Christmas anymore, it feels weird :S 

My peeve today is trying to use a touch pad with a plaster on one fingertip 😬

• Like 8

I can't really say I'm peeved about my topic being locked, as I knew it was against the rules.  I just came here because it's a second home, and I wanted to open a little space for my second family to share.  My peeve is that people feel it necessary to show how little they care about the topic or indeed other people.  With that, I'm taking a break.  I need to get used to the fact that my country is going to go downhill even more, and I need to focus on things that matter in the real world, and not on the ills of human nature.  Farewell for a while, and thank you all who have made my forum time worthwhile.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

😐

Yes, that's a peeve.

🤐

all we can hope for is that the new policies work to both sides, and get away from rl promotions from their side.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm totally anti monarchies, they really have outlived their usefulness, but for the Queen I always made an exception.
An IMHO really extraordinary woman has passed away yesterday, a human institution, a landmark in history.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Peeve: Feeling actually a little bit like I'm having to walk on egg shells having an opinion about anything even on this thread in case the thread gets locked, which it will if people don't sit on their hands a little more. 

However, will say, there is no right or wrong way to deal with the massive news that the Queen has died. People are also going to be annoyed with each other for having very different opinions. We need to learn a little (a lot) more tolerance of each other, realise it takes all sorts to make a world. 

• Like 6