4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Why don't you propose this to your housemates:

"Let's all keep receipts for everything we buy for the house. Once a month we'll put them all together and add them up. For example, we might find

• Persephone $75.00
  • Housemate 1 $38.00
  • Housemate 2 $80.00
    • Total $193.00
    • Divided by 3, each person's share is $64.33

"Everyone who paid less than their share has to put more money into the pot. Housemate 1 has to pay in another $26.33. Persephone gets $10.67 back, and Housemate 2 gets $15.67 back."

If you use this system, be sure that everyone agrees on what is and is not included in "stuff for the house." A stash of Hershey bars you keep hidden under your bed and eat yourself is obviously not "community property".

That's a good idea, but it's not that bad.

Everyone buys their own food and personal supplies. Basic Utilities are included with our rent. Since I know I'm not the best at doing housework, I tell my housemates I'm going to clean-up after myself, buy the toilet paper, paper towels and basic cleaning supplies. There's usually one person who does most of the cleaning, but I do some of it now and then. We had no kitchen table when we moved in, so I bought a small folding one that fits in our small kitchen. One of the previous housemates bought a small cabinet for the kitchen and a set of drawers for the bathroom. I put a little shelf at the end of the hall. One of the previous housemates moved the landlady's sofa outside and brought in 2 used ones from her parent's house. My favorite housemate and I split the cost of a 2nd cube shelf for the kitchen. She and I prefer different cleaning products, so we each buy some. I bought a TV for the living room, which we watch together. I bought the more expensive air filters, but I could probably take that off my rent since it's an expense for the household. - Most of us (except the new guy) have bought or brought in something for the house.

The other woman housemate and I don't ask much from the guy because we're glad he usually stays in his room and doesn't bother us. The last woman who had his room had something like a psychotic break, so we felt traumatized and wanted someone who would be easy to get along with. I pay for the internet, which includes HBO Max, so as long as my housemates split that cost with me, we all get a good deal. My favorite housemate shares her Netflix with me. I share my HBO Max and any other subscriptions I have with her. 

After posting my vent I felt better, so I went out and did my errands. My depression is slightly lifted for now, but my moods come and go.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

1) When all the new shiny things look better on your alt than they do on your main.

2) You pay a higher price for something at an event only to see the same product on sale at half off a few days later. Meh, that's life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3) Where can one find EvoX skins for Toddleedoo? The reason why nobody could answer this question is because THEY DO NOT EXIST.  If the head creator would make their new baby heads switchable between classic and EvoX mode instead of exclusively EvoX, they might be workable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When your friend has cleaned up her inventory and is relaxing on her backyard swing, and YOUR inventory is an 80,000 item hot mess.

Yes, I'm looking at you, @kali Wylder

Only 80,000?  I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but I'm not done.  I've just made sure that I don't have any folders that contain more than 5,000 objects.  I still have quite a few folders named "to be sorted" living at the top of my main categories.  Inventory is like laundry, it's never finished. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When you go to write the same LSL project for the 15th time and realize that you really need to KISS. And not even think about recursion, or using lists, or using any llFunction() that isn't absolutely necessary. Maybe the 15th time is the charm.

Oh my god I remember KISS, I used that in sales when I was working as a door to door sales person. Keep it simple stupid. Lol 

• Like 1

Stores that have auto popups to subscribe to them or join their group. It's annoying as crap to have to deal with that. If I want to join your group or subscribe just leave a board at the front and let me click it. Otherwise, stop with those greeter pop-up things. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peeve:  American usage of the word "store" (for shop).

Why do Americans call shops "stores"?  Stores store things. You put things into storage when they're not needed, typically into an internal storage room. Or outside in an out-building such as a shed, garage, or a barn.

Shops sell things. You go shopping at shops.  You don't go storing at a store.

😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Why do Americans call shops "stores"?  Stores store things. You put things into storage when they're not needed, typically into an internal storage room. Or outside in an out-building such as a shed, garage, or a barn.

😜

We say the same thing here in Canada too. We call them stores. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Why do Americans call shops "stores"?  Stores store things. You put things in storage when they're not needed. In a storage room. Or a shed, which is basically an outside storage room.

Shops sell things. You go shopping in a shop.  You don't go storing at a store

It's all a matter of scale, at least in the US.  A shop is small (think "boutique") and often operated on site by the owner.  You can expect personal attention from a semi-permanent staff. A store is larger (think "Tesco" if you are in the UK) and quite often a franchise, owned by a distant corporation but managed on site by a franchiser. You can expect knowledgable service from a mix of semi-permanent staff and temporary cashiers. A mart is somewhere in the fuzzy territory between a shop and a store, often franchised (like Starbucks or MacDonalds) but not store-sized. You can expect easily-distracted service from largely young, temporary staff.  And then there are malls, which a megalopolises of shops and marts (and often a store at either end to "anchor" it). Malls in the US are a vanishing dinosaur breed, now rapidly being converted into recreation facilities and light manufacturing sites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Mall, London - Wikipedia

@Rolig LoonMall comes from the English-English word for a long, straight, military parade road, or grounds, used for national celebrations or parades. Its also where the phrase "a parade of shops" comes from, as such malls used to have shops or stalls along their routes to profit from the tourism generated. And is probably the origin of "shopping mall".

There's a red-topped grand mall literally called "The Mall" outside of Buckingham Palace. Close by, there's another one called "Pall Malloutside of St James Palace.

552 Pall Mall Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

And mall is correctly pronounced "mal" (as in pal).  And Pall Mall is correctly pronounced "Pal Mal" !

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

😜

Because long ago we went out of our way to distance ourselves from the Brits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because long ago we went out of our way to distance ourselves from the Brits

"Shops" in the US implies small things, while "stores" may imply larger things (where things are kept, or "stored).

Plus didn't the Brits first use "store" as in, "go to the ship's stores for your rations", etc.?

• Like 1