13 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Just. stop.

That's pretty much exactly what the gay community said after the Stonewall Uprising.

Not.

Obviously, the "ask" here is not of quite the import of the demands made by the gay community in that situation.

My point is simply that change rarely happens because one has asked once, nicely, and had one's request granted by the powers that be. The agitation for change has to be ongoing and persistent.

I'm still a little hopeful that LL's next "community page" will be for the LGBTQ+ community. Possibly during Pride? And it would make sense for that to be accompanied by a new subforum.

Key point: don't expect everyone to simply shut up now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm still a little hopeful that LL's next "community page" will be for the LGBTQ+ community. Possibly during Pride? And it would make sense for that to be accompanied by a new subforum.

If June rolls around and it's wall to wall pink washing, you can expect me to still be extremely peeved and agitated.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's pretty much exactly what the gay community said after the Stonewall Uprising.

Not.

Obviously, the "ask" here is not of quite the import of the demands made by the gay community in that situation.

My point is simply that change rarely happens because one has asked once, nicely, and had one's request granted by the powers that be. The agitation for change has to be ongoing and persistent.

This isn't the place to have a continuation of the thread that was closed. and Solar knows exactly why I said what I did. So let's leave this topic where it is...closed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Perhaps there's a reason all the new and upcoming games are so de-sexualized (aside from the technical problems with feet).  What's going to happen when a new administration comes to power?  It's not looking good. Personally I think LL should move to Mexico as quickly as possible.

Maybe this is why they don't want any advertising for LGBTQ+ people in a prominent spot.

Pet Peeve: The hellscape evolving in my location.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Oi, could we please not get this thread locked as well?

Pet peeve: store closed 2 hours before usual time because of a red calendar day I was unaware of. No food for me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm peeved at the IRS today, even though I'm getting a refund this year. I tried to e-file, but the dipsticks rejected my return because my "AGI or PIN number did not match their records". I went to their records, right there on their own website, and they matched. But since they disagree, I have to file by mail again this year.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm peeved at the IRS today, even though I'm getting a refund this year. I tried to e-file, but the dipsticks rejected my return because my "AGI or PIN number did not match their records". I went to their records, right there on their own website, and they matched. But since they disagree, I have to file by mail again this year.

That's why I always use Turbo Tax and pay the ridiculous $39.99 to file federal even though you can do it for free *supposedly* at irs.gov. It's never worked for me and why give them a reason to question it. The farther away from bringing attention from the IRS to me the better. LOL.

8 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Well congrats folks, your mission was accomplished.

You pushed me out of the conversation because I dared to have a different opinion than yours...and then you laughed about it.  Who really is the one who brought nastiness to the thread causing its closure?

8 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

I knew it was only a matter of time with the usual suspects.

My peeve - Being labelled and blamed for something when all the nastiness was ACTUALLY coming from the OTHER side.  

I guess this is what happens when we now live in a world of perpetual and professional victim-hood.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Another new pet peeve:

People who ride bicycles on the pavement (sidewalk) when a dedicated bicycle lane is LITERALLY ON THE ROAD!!! 

MOVE! Grrr!

That was the one thing I hated most about the lockdowns.  People on bikes who took over the road as there would be fudge all cars on it.  It was especially annoying when you'd get stuck behind some butt slow cycling in the MIDDLE of the traffic lane!

• Like 1

Pet peeve: demo blurb that's flashing aggressively. I don't have epilepsy, but I did have a light headache when I put the demo on. Now it's a moderate headache. 

Not sure whether it warrants an AR for the possibility of doing actual harm to people.