19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: "I sent you an IM in-world"-posts. Why does it need to be publicly announced on the forums? 

So they can come back.later and complain about the person they IMed not IMing back in a timely fashion or how rude they were or that they were ignored completely.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

There is gallons and gallons of foul water welling up under the floor in my apartment. Kitchen and living room.

The landlord and agents are MIA.

Peeved is an understatement.

Something similar but would more be the peeve of the cable guy that came late to fix the cable drop to our house. Reason he was late was due to him pulling coax through the crawl space of a customer's house and discovering a busted sewage pipe and falling into the nasty puddle. He had to go home and clean up before coming to our appointment.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:32 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

There is gallons and gallons of foul water welling up under the floor in my apartment. Kitchen and living room.

The landlord and agents are MIA.

Peeved is an understatement.

Update. Apartment maintenance dude showed up, it seems our landlord downplayed the severity of the problem when calling him out, he thought maybe we had a leaky tap or something.

After showing him the water coming up though the floor in the kitchen and living room he seemed really shocked .. and started ripping up the concrete floor in the storage room adjacent to our flat (that routinely has water problems) and after about 8 hours of blindly digging down 2 feet into concrete found some old black iron pipe that had failed .. magic! I wish I could randomly dig holes and find burst pipes.

That section of the pipe has been fixed (I'm sure the rest of that pipe is fine, as good as the day it was installed), the kitchen is now staying dry, I'm still pulling water out of the living room puddle with a carpet shampooer-thing and it's still going, seems to be slowing down though. Thankfully the ruined carpet is brown, I expect the landlord to do nothing about this.

We've filled a 5 gallon bucket half a dozen times so far, thrift store dehumidifier has pulled about 15 gallons out of the air.

Seems the concrete under our basement apartment is riddled with cracks and voids and this has been slowly going on for years.

Is it brown or grey water .. who knows! But we have leant the people in the apartments above us don't bother washing / pooping in the morning before they go to work.

Still peeved. Everything smells weird.

• Sad 4

So I was looking at a news article and got sucked into those things at the bottom of the pages where its stuff like "See how blah blah looks today at 80!" etc.  In this case they were calling Travolta's daughter the most beautiful woman alive.  So sucked in me sits here for about 30 mins clicking through page after page of "famous parent and their progeny" pictures and then it ends...WITHOUT SHOWING TRAVOLTA OR HIS "MOST BEAUTIFUL" DAUGHTER!!!

Damn you news article page spam crap...you got me again!

13 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I was looking at a news article and got sucked into those things at the bottom of the pages where its stuff like "See how blah blah looks today at 80!" etc.  In this case they were calling Travolta's daughter the most beautiful woman alive.  So sucked in me sits here for about 30 mins clicking through page after page of "famous parent and their progeny" pictures and then it ends...WITHOUT SHOWING TRAVOLTA OR HIS "MOST BEAUTIFUL" DAUGHTER!!!

I hate when that happens!

26 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

john-travolta-daughter-ella-exciting-new

Yw

Swimmers who turn up in pairs and swim alongside each other so they can chat, in the wrong lane, so you get stuck behind them and can't overtake.

And get annoyed if they get accidentally splashed because they've just styled their hair and put on a full face of makeup, right before going SWIMMING.

Bums to the lot of you!

• Like 2

Loosing sleep because of a double sided ear infection since monday, which has swollen my glans in my throat  and eyes and there' s constantly moisture coming out of my eyes and ears.  My eyes tend to get stuck shut of all the dried up fluid breaking out and although the anti-biotics are kicking in my eyes keep burning, are bloodshed and my head feels like it' s stuck within a tightly wrenched vice ..

I hate being sick.:|

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, TDD123 said:

Loosing sleep because of a double sided ear infection since monday,:|

Ear infections SUCK. Just keep on top of it and go see your doc.

I had a run of them as a child and have had hearing problems my whole life as a result, extensive surgery to try and restore some function in one ear, and complete hearing loss at one point. I'm considering myself lucky to have 20% in one and 60% in the other on a good day .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Just keep on top of it and go see your doc.

This morning : 

Me: " .. but doctor , I promised my boss to pick up work and start doing graveyardshifts all weekend." 

Doctor : " .. Oh hell no, you don' t .. No work for you and I see you first thing monday morning.. " 

( Infection levels in my blood luckily are dropping below 10 % and a sample of the infection was taken for further analysis ) 

• Like 1