Looking forward to 2048 Linden Homes...

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Fabulous chart, Leora!

Personally, I would be surprised if a new 2048 theme were introduced at the Christmas Expo, based on the (lack of) activity up in the SSP area.  I'm hoping for introduction at the H&G Expo.  

• Patch said that they'd be working on new features for previous themes before a new theme.  I could see introducing those at the Christmas Expo.  Incidentally, someone is working today in the region usually used for LH home controller development, SSP83X, which is unusual.  Maybe a bug fix, or maybe ...
  • There are two new-ish black-covered regions called SSPBIN and SSPBIS that occasionally have a person in them; could B stand for "Big"?  But that's just two regions.  Usually they do not introduce before they have a large set of regions underway.  I thought perhaps the reconstituted pink regions SSP1501-SSP1551 were for a new theme, but I haven't seen anyone working there, and I think they're being used to quickly deploy new stilts.
  • Look at the last two introductions they did.  They introduced Newbrooke well before the homes were done, and that became sort of a mess.  The next introduction, Sakura, was done with 4 fairly complete demo regions.  That introduction went very well.  I bet they'll follow a model like that in the future.  I just don't see any work being done to support that.
  • The putative community regions SSPVCR and SSPTCR still have a person or three in them at times.  Those have been in development forever, and I'm hoping for deployment in 2022.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 8/30/2022 at 2:43 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

I really wish they would have had a theme ready when they launched premium plus. this waiting game is killing me. 

hopefully when they come out won't have to wait 3 months to get one, maybe they should start an rsvp list to make sure expectations are set initially, vs what happened before, no one wants to see that again. 

• Like 2

A new theme unveiled on not just one, but three Xmas expo?

2019, 2020 and 2021. Hmmm, what will it be in 2022? 😊

It's a really great chart, Leora!

10 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

This is the sheet I assembled from the collective wisdom of these forums:

image.jpeg.ba66880a1206fabf845159956903b690.jpeg

😉It could be as @Nika Talajsays too, LL officially announce an upgrading of older themes. 

But must the work on the 2046 models have to happen in in SL? It can still be a demo region at Xmas Expo, and the release of regions in 2023.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

I really wish they would have had a theme ready when they launched premium plus. this waiting game is killing me. 

me too, its super annoying, I purchased the plus and I'm glad I did, but I wish they would have had a 2048 theme ready it would have made things so much better.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am not sure they promised 2048 Sized Linden Homes... I thought they said that they were considering it.. along with considering lowering cost for uploading mesh and a few other things. I am not sure it was actually promised so much as floated as a possible enhancement.

Yes, it was promised as a feature of PP.

• Like 7

On 8/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Marianne Little said:

I have never been more happy about waiting to pay for PPlus. I want to see the houses, and I don't pay until they show up on the Homes page.

1 hour ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

I won't update to Premium Plus until the house are at least announced.  Otherwise, wasting money.

I'm waiting too.  I see no sense in upgrading until the 2048 plots are there.  I have 2 homes now, one trad and one vic.  The trad is due to expire in February and I will most likely not renew her premium.  I'm keeping my vic until I see what the 2048 offer is.  I'm hoping for a suped up Vic or Trad as they are my favorite styles so far.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2

I am seriously running out of group slots. I know 70 sounds like a lot, but when you are admins in many multi-group projects and own a store and have a RP region of your own. .they fill up fast.

I am trying to hold out until Dec 5 when my premium renews and am thinking of upgrading to PP at that time cuz of needing more group slots. I may not be able to wait that long.  The 2048 sized linden homes are not a main factor for me... group slots are free uploads are.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 5:12 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Fabulous chart, Leora!

Personally, I would be surprised if a new 2048 theme were introduced at the Christmas Expo, based on the (lack of) activity up in the SSP area.  I'm hoping for introduction at the H&G Expo.  

• Patch said that they'd be working on new features for previous themes before a new theme.  I could see introducing those at the Christmas Expo.  Incidentally, someone is working today in the region usually used for LH home controller development, SSP83X, which is unusual.  Maybe a bug fix, or maybe ...
  • There are two new-ish black-covered regions called SSPBIN and SSPBIS that occasionally have a person in them; could B stand for "Big"?  But that's just two regions.  Usually they do not introduce before they have a large set of regions underway.  I thought perhaps the reconstituted pink regions SSP1501-SSP1551 were for a new theme, but I haven't seen anyone working there, and I think they're being used to quickly deploy new stilts.
  • Look at the last two introductions they did.  They introduced Newbrooke well before the homes were done, and that became sort of a mess.  The next introduction, Sakura, was done with 4 fairly complete demo regions.  That introduction went very well.  I bet they'll follow a model like that in the future.  I just don't see any work being done to support that.
  • The putative community regions SSPVCR and SSPTCR still have a person or three in them at times.  Those have been in development forever, and I'm hoping for deployment in 2022.

You do observe an awful lot. When sitting at your computer screen, do you wear a deerstalker hat and smoke a pipe?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Patch isn't well known for his architectural naming accuracy though, ranch style could mean anything.

Haha, I get what you mean, but I would express it in kinda the opposite way: Patch's team seems to me to know and express EXACTLY what they're building, providing a narrow choice of home styles within a theme. 

So, Chalets = only Fachwerk houses instead of a variety of Germanic-themed homes; Fantasy = elven stucco homes instead of a variety of fantasy choices (e.g. hobbit, ruin), Modern = container homes instead of an exciting choice of rooflines.  That makes it easy to build neighborhoods, for sure.

In the US, "ranch house" is a very very common, well-defined style.  I hope it's interpreted a little more broadly than just a large 1-story tract home with simple pitched roof and driveway.  But we will see soon enough.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Btw, the only type of home that would get me to upgrade to PP permanently would be on a new (probably small) subcontinent landscaped just as Fantasseria is now, connected to the original one via bridge and water.

But it would have different types of homes, e.g.

1. Ruins - E.g. Squat square tower with or without a great hall attached, scattered wall ruins
  2. Round Cave/Underground home, suitable for Hobbits, Animal Avatars, Wood elves
  3. Some mostly underwater parcels (for mer or other undersea avatars).  You'd want to be able to rez the "Ruins" build there, and it might be possible to build the cave/underground home to fit underwater as well.  Maybe also offer a specifically underwater home (wrecked boat lol?).  Wouldn't have to be deep.

All of these options would probably benefit from rocks and/or terraformed bumps ON the parcels, to preclude people rezzing whole castles etc..

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

This was completely different than Millibank - I see something that looks like just four parcels for bigger alotments, maybe? 

If it's the region second on the right above the pink one that's a version of Millbank. There was a time as an April fools joke or something like that, that the quad of 'parcel's' were four blocks of flats done out as a fake "potential theme" for Bellisseria

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.